Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 921

Thread: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

  1. #691
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    "Personal responsibility" is two things. 1) It is people taking responsibility for their own lives. That is a very good thing which I heartily support. 2) It is a line right wingers use when they don't want to help with something. That is a very bad thing which I strongly oppose.

    For example, say somebody gets their car stuck in a snowstorm. To me personal responsibility means that the person in the car has a shovel with them and they're out there trying to dig themselves out. To a Republican "personal responsibility" means that when they walk past instead of helping they think "screw that guy, not my problem".
    If all you can do is make statements that only you consider witty...they aren't witty, they're stupid. If you want to point at specific actions by Republicans, go for it. I'll condemn those individuals right along with you. Until then, why don't you take some personal responsibility for the liberals you espouse and acknowledge that they didn't just **** up, they are doing it for political and financial gain.

  2. #692
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    really? how many applicants are there per job opening and how long does every employer have to take time away from his business to shuffle through them?

    in reality, most don't even read through all the resume's; they scan rapidly pick out a handful of ones that look promising and then try to winnow from that. that's why the studies that are cited usually center on "names that sound black" and so forth - because that is all the employer get's to see.
    Oh I don't know, Abercrombie and Fitch blatantly fired people and reject applicants specifically because of their race after inviting them in for interviews - which is clearly more than 10 seconds. Other businesses have done the same thing - just search for racial discrimination lawsuits.

  3. #693
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    If all you can do is make statements that only you consider witty...they aren't witty, they're stupid. If you want to point at specific actions by Republicans, go for it. I'll condemn those individuals right along with you. Until then, why don't you take some personal responsibility for the liberals you espouse and acknowledge that they didn't just **** up, they are doing it for political and financial gain.
    What the hell are you talking about?

  4. #694
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    1. He was referring to Tea Party congress members not just Republicans in Congress. Exact quote: "some of them in Congress right now of this tea party movement would love to see you and me ... hanging on a tree.

    Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

    2. How can someone prove or disprove such racism? Do you really think all racists, particularly those who want to be elected, openly state there racism? There could be several members of Congress who hold these ideas, Rep or Dem. Asking someone to prove it is just foolish.
    Are there many Democrat Tea Party members in Congress?

  5. #695
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Oh I don't know, Abercrombie and Fitch blatantly fired people and reject applicants specifically because of their race after inviting them in for interviews - which is clearly more than 10 seconds. Other businesses have done the same thing - just search for racial discrimination lawsuits.
    How about all those dudes who are never interviewed for the job of being surrogate mothers.

    If A&F wants employees to be part of the brand image which is directed to a segment of White America, then it's pretty damn hard for a Black Man to appear as a White Man. If a Chinese restaurant wants Chinese women as waitresses then it's very hard for a Black woman to look like she is a Chinese woman.

  6. #696
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    not necessarily. as you point out yourself:

    ethnicities, places, generations, and plenty of other groups produce their own subcultures as well; which give off similar results. walk into an employers office sounding and looking like a kid from the New Jersey Shore reality show, and you'll see poor results as well.
    what you just pointed out is behaviors. the more appropriate analogy would be "an employer sees an italian name, automatically thinks 'jersey shore mtv' and then throws away the resume". that would be unjust discrimination just like seeing a "black name", assuming 'criminal' and throwing away the resume.

    eh, this is one of a fine, but important definitional distinction. thinking someone will be an inferior worker because they are black is racism and deplorable. thinking that they will be an inferior worker because they come from a culture that celebrates the notion that working hard is for suckers is not
    And you associate certain races with certain cultures.

    individual examples yes, but what we are talking here is statistics.
    actually, statistics back up my claim. (btw, i'm not talking about Sowell study which I agree with, I'm talking about the idea that it's just about speaking well and dressing well.)

    fine. I'll stick to the reality that comes from the Census Bureau, and you can stick with your reality, which apparently comes from the need to provide ever-more-ludicrous defenses of poor and outdated policy.
    Really, the Census Bureau said that the lives of blacks will significantly improve if parents just get married. Did they also say how two parents hating each other would affect the kid? Did they also say that it's not just marriage, but the conditions that surround marriage that may impact that bogus conclusion? Did they also point to the fact that kids of single parents in upper class neighborhoods still do really well in life? Yeah, it's about marriage...or not.

    so am I now racist against White People because I say that Asian's culture is actually superior in terms of individual productivity, which is why they see better results?
    Not really. There's nothing racist about pointing out patterns in cultural differences. There is something racist about assuming that people with certain names or skin color automatically exhibit certain behaviors.

    well, we'll see from Indiana how it works out. but your claim that only wealthy parents were interested in vouchers remains ridiculous. and yes - incorrect.
    I never said only wealthy parents are interested in vouchers. Now you're just blatantly making things up. This is the point of the conversation where I bow out.

  7. #697
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    How about all those dudes who are never interviewed for the job of being surrogate mothers.

    If A&F wants employees to be part of the brand image which is directed to a segment of White America, then it's pretty damn hard for a Black Man to appear as a White Man. If a Chinese restaurant wants Chinese women as waitresses then it's very hard for a Black woman to look like she is a Chinese woman.
    You're posts are getting more and more illogical and laughable by the minute. I think it's time to step away from debate politics and return to Stormfront.

  8. #698
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Are there many Democrat Tea Party members in Congress?
    He was talking about Tea Partiers not Republicans in general as you tried to claim. Nice try though.

  9. #699
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Really, the Census Bureau said that the lives of blacks will significantly improve if parents just get married. Did they also say how two parents hating each other would affect the kid?
    Let's delve a little deeper into how you see life in Black America. Share with us exactly why you think blacks in marriages hate each other more than other couples from other races hate each other in their marriages.

  10. #700
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Let's delve a little deeper into how you see life in Black America. Share with us exactly why you think blacks in marriages hate each other more than other couples from other races hate each other in their marriages.
    Again, you're logic fails again. This is getting embarrassing RD, I think you need to take a break. The argument is not that black marriages are more unhappy, the argument is that forcing people who don't want to be married to each other to get married is a recipe for disaster.

Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •