Page 61 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 921

Thread: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

  1. #601
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    There are hair care products specifically marketed for African Americans. Should companies which make these products be forced to hire blond Swedish sales reps to greet the black customers coming into the store in order to buy these products?

  2. #602
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    There are hair care products specifically marketed for African Americans. Should companies which make these products be forced to hire blond Swedish sales reps to greet the black customers coming into the store in order to buy these products?
    You're just being silly now...

  3. #603
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    They did put people into backroom operations when the people didn't meet the company's "Look Policy."

    The company was using its employees as advertisments of its brand image. Who here finds Chinese Food products marketed by bearded red-headed Scottish lads wearing kilts to be effective brand management for Chinese Food Products? How about advertising for feminine hygiene products pitched by men?
    C'mon. Nobody ever saw the vast majority of their employee's.

  4. #604
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    There are hair care products specifically marketed for African Americans. Should companies which make these products be forced to hire blond Swedish sales reps to greet the black customers coming into the store in order to buy these products?
    The problem wasn't relegated to just marketing sales people. It also doesn't address the silly notion that upper crust blacks wouldn't go for the same thing as upper crust whites.

  5. #605
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    You're just being silly now...
    What do you mean....... "now"?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #606
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    You're just being silly now...
    The A&F court case is an abortion of justice. The courts have removed from A&F the ability to determine their own marketing image. The company specifically wanted to target a wealthy white clientele - it set out to create a specific image. It didn't want to target minority demographics.


    Here is what the consent decree mandates:


    Specifically, Abercrombie's media and advertising campaign in principle was to include and reflect a diverse population. However, attorneys at Lieff Cabraser failed to delineate the specific circumstances under which circumstances or what specific benchmarks were to be achieved to reflect diversity in Abercrombie's media and advertising campaigns.


    The court is TELLING the company that they have to become another version of Benetton.

    Benetton chose to market itself on the whole diversity is beautiful gimmick. A&F decided to target a different market segment.

    This is EXACTLY like ordering Chinese food restaurants to hire bearded red-headed Scotmans wearing kilts for positions of waiter.

  7. #607
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    The problem wasn't relegated to just marketing sales people. It also doesn't address the silly notion that upper crust blacks wouldn't go for the same thing as upper crust whites.
    The company didn't want to target that market. What is it that you don't understand about that. They didn't do anything illegal like refuse to sell their products to black people. Companies should have the freedom to determine their own brand image and how they market themselves into the consumer marketplace.

    Diversity all the freaking time is Orwellian.

  8. #608
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    The company didn't want to target that market. What is it that you don't understand about that.
    The only part I don't understand is that it's the same market in many cases.

  9. #609
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Isn't about time we moved past such vile, angry bull****?

    Oh wait, I can't say that about the esteemed Rep. Carson, to criticize him, since I am a white male and tea partier, is racist.

    Just reading that filthy dung heaps rant makes my stomach churn in disgust.
    The cry of Racism is a tactic right out of the Rules For Radicals. You make a claim and stick to it no matter what you never back down the the rest of you group, (in this case Party) will back you, and if you say often enough and load enough people will eventually start believing it.

    It's also a tactic Hitler used.

    The Liberals a scared to death of the tea party which BTW has members that are Black, Hispanic, Asian, as well as elderly white people, but the ages range from the 20s to the the 80s.

    I would like to add that Maxine Waters can go straight to HELL, what a total waste space this sorry worthless "person?" she is.

  10. #610
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree' Read more: http://www.p

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    That was a failed attempt on his part to admit he was wrong. He couldn't say it so he has to try and make up more crap. Not a single actual position to back up his accusations. No, it was just the ramblings of a bigot.
    So, when I post that Rush Limbaugh is a bigot because he masks his commentary in much the same way, i.e., discussing the introduction of an Oreo "Double Chocolate cookie" and equating it to the President as an "Oreo" and somehow finding a way to wrap the First Lady into his discussion, that's not racist; it's just him discussing the introduction of a commercial food by a major fastfood chain, right? Sometimes, it's the subtle things that make a comment or action racist by its very nature. (And before folks start coming down on me, I did say the I've made the "Oreo" jokes among friends and family myself before. I just didn't see the need to extrapolate such commentary toward the President of the United States and his wife because it was abit outlandish and bigotted the way Rush went out of his way to make the corrollation.)

    All that was provided was a picture of someone comparing Obama with a monkey which was done with Bush hundreds of times.
    As the saying goes, "Two wrongs don't make a right." But I would argue that Black people have had to live with the stigma of being called "monkeys" or resembling "apes" for a very long time...goes back beyond the slave trade. I'd say we as a People have more to be offended about when White people make such accusations than any White person could ever possibly imagine. There's just no defense for that type of behavior...NONE! And who, might I ask have been holding up such signs? Go back and look at the pictures. Where the perpetrators Black or White? Of course, some would say those who did it to GW Bush were White, too. But as I said herein, "there's no defense for that type of behavior".

    He's correct but it was wrong because you feel there were racist undertones to it? It was either correct or not. If it was correct it was simply factual.
    If you're going to attack me can you atleast go by what I said?

    Walsh believed people voted for President Obama just because he was Black, Walsh replied "because it was a historical moment in this nation's history". (You can watch the video exchange here.) Although Rep. Walsh's answer was correct, it gives the impression that that's the only reason some people voted for the nation's 44th President - because he was Black. However, it does bring into question why Rep. Walsh is so upset with Pres. Obama. He says that it's a matter of the President's "failed policies", but when you listen to him in the video he gives far more respect to Congress assembling on behalf of foreign heads of state than he does his nation's president. This tells me there's more going on here than just a person being upset over policy matters.
    Not once did I say Rep. Walsh was wrong. People have stated publically that the only reason they voted for Obama was because he was a Black man and they wanted to see history in the making. I do not dispute this as fact. However, I do believe those people fail to look at the man's body of work over the years or take into account the President's policies in light of historical events over the course of the last 30-40 years. Nor do many people try to see the "long-range view" of what he's trying to do. But history will bare these things out over time.

    I'm also curious, why is the CBC never called out for their outright racism?
    Perhaps the media doesn't consider it new worthy. Go ask CNN, HLN, ABC, NBC, CBS and other national news outlets. I know FoxNews will carry any news story on the NAACP if it believes they can connect racism with the organization. Problem here is, sometimes they don't quite get the facts right which brings FoxNews' credibility into question at times where race relations are concerned. But again, you'll have to ask those news agencies why they haven't covered events coming out of the Congressional Black Caucus more often. What exactly do you believe the CBC or the NAACP are doing wrong?
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 09-04-11 at 07:44 PM.

Page 61 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •