Page 79 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1109

Thread: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

  1. #781
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    not unless you assume, guess, speculate, and have bias to that opinion.

    Criminal court needs proof beyond doubt, with that in mind, theres no info here that would EVER logically get me to call this call a murder/guilty.
    Adults are talking. Go back to the kiddie table.
    Last edited by Aderleth; 09-02-11 at 03:41 AM.

  2. #782
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Adults are talking. Go back to the kiddie table.
    translation: you got nothing but your OPINION
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #783
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    translation: you got nothing but your OPINION
    Yes. You're probably right. I'm defeated. Please stop talking to me now.

  4. #784
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Yes. You're probably right. I'm defeated. Please stop talking to me now.
    you were defeated after your first post
    LMAO

    thats always what happens when a person pushes their opinion as fact
    Last edited by AGENT J; 09-02-11 at 03:47 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #785
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    Regarding doing away with air-conditioning, geez, you should come and live in Texas. I bet you wouldn't be saying that - it was 110 degrees just a few days ago.
    Believe it or not people DID live in Texas prior to the invention of air conditioning. Personally, I prefer it hot over cold anyway.


    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    Well, it's all a pipe-dream of some. Some things may have seemed a lot more constrained, but along with that, they didn't have all the other things that we would miss today, like cell phones, iphones, microwaves, the internet. They also had a depression - I'm sure that would be a real treat.
    I believe many of those things can still exist in a proper society. I think we just need to take a step back and realize what the appropriate bondaries on the use and implementation of those devices ought to be. Some of the things we've created might not be useful in a moral society, but many would be, even if their uses might be somewhat restrained. In my mind it is more important to live a proper life than a fun or pleasant one.

  6. #786
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    you were defeated after your first post
    LMAO

    thats always what happens when a person pushes their opinion as fact
    Wow. Sarcasm just goes right over your head, doesn't it?

    Seriously though, I won't be responding to any more posts from you on this topic. It's like trying to stop an industrial strength flow of bull**** with a kleenex. I'm sure you'll feel the need to get the last word in, so I suspect you'll respond to this with some juvenile posturing involving the linguistic shortcuts endemic of internet/texting culture. Feel free to do so. They will be ignored.
    Last edited by Aderleth; 09-02-11 at 04:13 AM.

  7. #787
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Wow. Sarcasm just goes right over your head, doesn't it?

    Seriously though, I won't be responding to any more posts from you on this topic. It's like trying to stop an industrial strength flow of bull**** with a kleenex.
    Oh the Irony that you think I missed your sarcasm LMAO

    another failed insult instead of actually trying to prove your statements
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #788
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Wow. Sarcasm just goes right over your head, doesn't it?

    Seriously though, I won't be responding to any more posts from you on this topic. It's like trying to stop an industrial strength flow of bull**** with a kleenex. I'm sure you'll feel the need to get the last word in, so I suspect you'll respond to this with some juvenile posturing involving the linguistic shortcuts endemic of internet/texting culture. Feel free to do so. They will be ignored.
    since you knew you insult was so lame you had to add to it Ill translate the bolded:

    translation: I asked a question and stated my opinion as fact, when that was proved wrong and I was asked to back up may false opinion and prove it as fact I just attacked and tried to insult because I realized I can NOT back up my false claim.


    When this changes PLEASE let me know Id LOVE to hear you back up your false opinion and prove these guys are murders using criminal law and facts.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #789
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    I don't know why. I do know that one jury didn't go through with the charges (the grand jury), and the other, the jury that actually heard the defendants' side of things (the civil jury), did find them guilty. You might want to argue that these are different decisions, but that's basically bull**** in this context, because the civil jury would have had to make a factual conclusion about self defense in order to assign liability. So the factual conclusions they reached would have led to a murder conviction if they had been sitting on a criminal jury.
    You are aware that in a criminal trial they have to prove guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. They do not have have to do that in a civil trial. So the standards are much lower for a civil trial. If what these shop owners did was illegal there was certainly a confession,evidence and possible witnesses(the scumbag who did not get shot and the shop owner who did not kill the burglar). You are telling me that a grand jury and prosecutor is going to ignore a case that would have been a slam dunk?

    What this tells me is that at least one of these juries was full of crap.
    Yes the jury in the civil trial is full of crap.

    This is why (and I've said this in this thread many, many times) what the juries concluded is useless in terms of concluding whether or not a crime was committed.
    I think you like to ignore the fact that the grand jury chose not to go through with a criminal trial because it shoots your argument that these men are murderers down the drain.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #790
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post

    When this changes PLEASE let me know Id LOVE to hear you back up your false opinion and prove these guys are murders using criminal law and facts.
    dude must think he's Descartes. he thinks they are murderers, therefore they are.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 79 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •