Page 69 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1109

Thread: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

  1. #681
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    fortunately, the court disagreed with you. slice it anyway you like, can't escape that FACT. you just have your panties in a wad because you disagree with their decision. deal with it.
    The court did not disagree. One grand jury disagreed, and after a full trial, another jury found that it was not self defense.

  2. #682
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    fortunately, the court disagreed with you. slice it anyway you like, can't escape that FACT. you just have your panties in a wad because you disagree with their decision. deal with it.
    As I explained to you before, that's simply not true. The only court to hear this case reached conclusions consistent with my assertions. What I think you mean is that the grand jury chose not to indict. Not the same thing at all. And as I've pointed out four or five times now in this thread, their conclusions are dubious at best. Go back and look at my many, many comments on this point. There's no point in me repeatedly spoon feeding facts to people who lack the intellectual honesty to address them directly.

  3. #683
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    You're being disingenuous. What they did does meet the legal definition of murder. I've pointed out specifically why that is, and I challenge you to demonstrate otherwise using the facts we have available and the statutes at issue. I've asked you to do this several times now, and you've failed entirely each and every time. I've pointed out repeatedly that relying on the grand jury decision is dubious at best, and you have yet to address that point. So, either argue the facts and the law, or stop pretending you know what you're talking about.
    If what these men did was a murder then why no criminal trial? Why are these men not sitting behind bars Are you trying to argue that they just didn't feel like it? They most certainly have evidence,confession,witnesses and motivation that one of the shop owners shot the burglar.It is a open and shut case they shot the burglar, if this went to trail it would be the most perfect slam dunk case for the prosecutor. You are telling me that they just ignore murder in Colorado?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #684
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    If what these men did was a murder then why no criminal trial? Why are these men not sitting behind bars Are you trying to argue that they just didn't feel like it? They most certainly have evidence,confession,witnesses and motivation that one of the shop owners shot the burglar.It is a open and shut case they shot the burglar, if this went to trail it would be the most perfect slam dunk case for the prosecutor. You are telling me that they just ignore murder in Colorado?
    This is the last time I'm going to say this:

    I am challenging you to demonstrate to me using the facts that we have available and the statutes at issue that what these men did was not murder. No more appeals to authority. They are wearing thin, and I've already pointed out many, many times why this particular authority is not particularly useful.

    I've provided you with the relevant statutes. Use the facts and the law to tell me why you think I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Aderleth; 08-31-11 at 03:53 PM.

  5. #685
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The court did not disagree. One grand jury disagreed, and after a full trial, another jury found that it was not self defense.
    and, surprise, surprise, you are wrong again. all the civil jury found was that they were in some way liable for his death. NOT that it wasn't self defense.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #686
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    This is the last time I'm going to say this:

    I am challenging you to demonstrate to me using the facts that we have available and the statutes at issue that what these men did was not murder. No more appeals to authority. They are wearing thin, and I've already pointed out many, many times why this particular authority is not particularly useful.

    I've provided you with the relevant statutes. Us the facts and the law to tell me why you think I'm wrong.
    fact: they were not convicted, they are not murderers. your OPINION to the contrary is irrelevent
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #687
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    fact: they were not convicted, they are not murderers. your OPINION to the contrary is irrelevent
    Right. So you've refused my challenge. Way to stand up for fail.

  8. #688
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and, surprise, surprise, you are wrong again. all the civil jury found was that they were in some way liable for his death. NOT that it wasn't self defense.
    And as usual, you don't know what you're talking about. Self defense WAS their defense. They could not have been found liable if the jury determined that they were acting in self defense.

  9. #689
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and, surprise, surprise, you are wrong again. all the civil jury found was that they were in some way liable for his death. NOT that it wasn't self defense.
    The jury had to determine whether or not it was self defense in order to determine liability. If it had been self defense, they wouldn't have owed this guys family a bunch of money.

  10. #690
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Right. So you've refused my challenge. Way to stand up for fail.
    what challenge? to disprove your opinion? way to go matlock. talk about fail
    Last edited by OscarB63; 08-31-11 at 03:58 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 69 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •