Page 47 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1109

Thread: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

  1. #461
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    You think reasonable is an objective term? Seriously?

    Quit looking at this from a vacuum perspective. When you take into account all the variables - shroud of night, current drug abuse, concealed weapons, felony crime committed on private property - the definition of "reasonable" gets skewed.

    Seriously, all this does is show that the legal system needs an overhaul. Our forefathers knew better than this. Jefferson shot people at the White House for less.
    he cant and wont he has proved his dishonesty over and over again many times with absurd examples to just plain silliness like comparing gang bangers shooting each other to this case LOL
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #462
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    see the underlined
    that can be impacted by how the subjects felt
    OR by how the jury would feel those people felt
    Or by how the jury would feel in the same situation knowing how they felt
    or how the jury would feel an "objective reasonable person" would feel in said situation.

    bottom line like i said it absolutley matters it just inst the END ALL to the decision but it matters.

    example if "I" used self defense because I was bed ridden after two knee surgeries so i FELT corned and threatened because I cant "fight or flight" an intruder are you telling me my feelings about being trapped dont matter?

    well you would be wrong


    again

    it matters, it just inst the ONLY factor
    No, you still don't get it. The test is what a reasonable person UNDER THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES woud feel. So in your hypothetical, your lack of mobility would be part of the circumstances.

  3. #463
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Do you think he's figured out yet that the two people he's arguing with about the law are both lawyers?
    No, I think that's a bit beyond his reach.

  4. #464
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    No, you still don't get it. The test is what a reasonable person UNDER THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES woud feel. So in your hypothetical, your lack of mobility would be part of the circumstances.
    EXACTLY THANK YOU

    feelings impact circumstances and feelings MATTER
    you can try and play word games all you want but feelings do matter they just arent the only factor
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha LMAO

    feelings matter in this case too and all you have offered is what YOUR MEANINGLESS OPINION is on the circumstances not FACTS

    you don't know how they felt, you don't know what the standard reasonable person will feel in their circumstances and thats already been proved. the vast majority here disagree with you. We all ask the same questions while you offer the same poor answers. HOW DO YOU KNOW THERE WAS NO THREAT and you have offered NOTHING LMAO

    You make up what ifs that suit you but ignore the ones that go against you its hysterical.

    like I said you are wrong feeling matter because they impact circumstance

    word it how ever you want nothing changes
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #465
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    No, I think that's a bit beyond his reach.
    smells like desperation in here???
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #466
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Hmm, just looking at Colorado's self defense statute, and it's actually pretty deadly for the defendants here:

    "3. Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, a person is not justified in using physical force if:

    ...

    (b.) He is the initial aggressor, except that his use of physical force upon another person under the circumstances is justifiable if he withdraws from the encounter and effectively communicates to the other person his intent to do so, but the latter nevertheless continues or threatens the use of unlawful physical force...."


    I haven't seen anything to suggest that the burglars did anything but run away when they were confronted.

  7. #467
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    EXACTLY THANK YOU

    feelings impact circumstances and feelings MATTER
    you can try and play word games all you want but feelings do matter they just arent the only factor
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha LMAO

    feelings matter in this case too and all you have offered is what YOUR MEANINGLESS OPINION is on the circumstances not FACTS

    you don't know how they felt, you don't know what the standard reasonable person will feel in their circumstances and thats already been proved. the vast majority here disagree with you. We all ask the same questions while you offer the same poor answers. HOW DO YOU KNOW THERE WAS NO THREAT and you have offered NOTHING LMAO

    You make up what ifs that suit you but ignore the ones that go against you its hysterical.

    like I said you are wrong feeling matter because they impact circumstance

    word it how ever you want nothing changes
    *SIGH*

    You are apparently incapable of grasping the legal standard. This is a good example of how juries end up making clearly wrong decisions.

  8. #468
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    smells like desperation in here???
    seems to me that two lawyers should know a little bit more about how the law actually works.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #469
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    *SIGH*

    You are apparently incapable of grasping the legal standard. This is a good example of how juries end up making clearly wrong decisions.
    Juries make bad decisions because lawyers monkey with the make up of a jury of peers to get a jury which is more sympathetic to their case.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #470
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    *SIGH*

    You are apparently incapable of grasping the legal standard. This is a good example of how juries end up making clearly wrong decisions.
    You tell yourself what ever you need to sleep at night buddy Ill gladly stick with the vast majority here and use common sense.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 47 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •