Page 13 of 111 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 1109

Thread: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

  1. #121
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,816

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Not opinion: fact. "Milanovic and his father told police a week before the shooting they would shoot any intruders who returned."

    Read more: Jury sides with burglar's family in 2009 shooting death at auto lot | jury, burglar, lot - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO
    seems you dont understand that word fact LMAO

    how old are you?

    if it was a fact they would have been convicted of murder, they werent so it makes it nothing more than you OPINION and you are guessing.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #122
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    talk about dishonesty LMAO

    if we are going to use irrational examples Ill take your" logic" and use it against you


    "If I decide to play in traffic and I get run over its the drivers fault MORE than mine!!

    you know because he could have hit his brakes or steered around me or simply hit his horn to alarm me."

    LMAO

    thats great logic
    That would not be an extension of my logic. Try again.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Right, but apparently we all get to decide for ourselves what laws are punishable by death, and then administer the sentence. Speeding really ticks me off....
    On your own property, you damn well ought to be able to. On your own property you damn well ought to be able to enforce whatever rules YOU find acceptable, so long as they do not effect those who are not on your property.

  4. #124
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Is that why they convened a grand jury?
    is that why it never went to trial?


    If I falsely accuse you of child rape you will be investigated. If I convince a little boy to lie to the cops, you will probably be taken before a grand jury. they will probably dismiss the case.

    does the fact that you went before a grand jury make you a child rapist? using your logic...it does.
    Last edited by OscarB63; 08-29-11 at 04:20 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #125
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,816

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    That would not be an extension of my logic. Try again.
    actually it is, you are just to dishonest to see it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    This is different. They laid in wait, murdered the guy as he tried to hide from them. They had him trapped. All they had to do was call the cops. Instead, they executed him. I'm stunned that they aren't in prison. As for the civil suit, they got off easy.
    Good for them. Next time maybe people will think twice before jumping the fence to rob them. The police don't do ****. The courts don't do **** to criminals. THIS sort of thing needs to become a lot more COMMON if we're ever going to take our country back.

    I believe it was the Attorney General of South Carolina who once said.... "Invade a House, Invite a Bullet."

  7. #127
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    seems you dont understand that word fact LMAO

    how old are you?

    if it was a fact they would have been convicted of murder, they werent so it makes it nothing more than you OPINION and you are guessing.
    Juries don't always follow the law. That is a fact. There is no questin that the shooters broke the law in this case. The law only excuses lethal force if the person employing it reasonably believed that he was facing an imminent risk of death or great bodily harm and if he could not safely retreat. In this case the person using lethal force administered it by shooting through a door with a rifle at a person who was hiding from him. Through a straight application of the law this would be an open and shut case.

  8. #128
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    actually it is, you are just to dishonest to see it.
    No, it isn't. You have a problem with logic.

  9. #129
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    On your own property, you damn well ought to be able to. On your own property you damn well ought to be able to enforce whatever rules YOU find acceptable, so long as they do not effect those who are not on your property.
    So you think you should be able to rape someone on your property ... as long as they were invited?

  10. #130
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It can piss you off as much as you want, but it's not the same magnitude of threat and you know it. Hyperbole will do nothing for your argument.
    What was the magnitude of threat to the guy holding the rifle with the burglar cowering in a shed?

Page 13 of 111 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •