Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 108

Thread: Costco can't move "I slipped on a slurpee" lawsuit

  1. #51
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Costco can't move "I slipped on a slurpee" lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Your first sentence emphasizes that some seniors should not be trying to walk around.

    Do I have sympathy for someone who gets hurt? Usually, I do. However, I'm going to lose a little (if not all) of that sympathy when they try to blame someone else when they could have prevented it themselves without having to take any major precautions.
    That post was a rib (we have fine like that. lol) towards Jerry. Are you under the impression that I do not feel seniors should be able to walk around freely? If so? Read my other post and get back to me.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Costco can't move "I slipped on a slurpee" lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    That post was a rib (we have fine like that. lol) towards Jerry. Are you under the impression that I do not feel seniors should be able to walk around freely? If so? Read my other post and get back to me.
    As long as they are on a leash and have their tags its cool w/ me

  3. #53
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Costco can't move "I slipped on a slurpee" lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Well, it's a funny thing about peripheral vision: it tends to diminish over time -- especially when someone is in a store looking for something on a shelf that may be at or above her eye level.
    It's common sense that pretty much all senses and bodily functions diminish over time. You have no choice but to live with it. You're helping me make the point that if she has lost ability to avoid a puddle then she needs to have someone taking care of her. Heck, there's a batch of jobs to add to the job market for those unemployed.

    You're destined to slip or have some kind of an accident if you walk around staring towards the sky. Furthermore, if you can't monitor your surroundings in more than one direction then you sure as heck have no business driving.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  4. #54
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Costco can't move "I slipped on a slurpee" lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You should print that out and save it for when you're 75 and hobbling around with cataracts in your eyes. I'm sure you'll see the humor in it then.
    When I'm 75 and hobbling around, one of my kids better be looking out for my old ***.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  5. #55
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Costco can't move "I slipped on a slurpee" lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    As long as they are on a leash and have their tags its cool w/ me
    I love you right now

    Thanks for making me laugh
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  6. #56
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Costco can't move "I slipped on a slurpee" lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    It's common sense that pretty much all senses and bodily functions diminish over time. You have no choice but to live with it. You're helping me make the point that if she has lost ability to avoid a puddle then she needs to have someone taking care of her. Heck, there's a batch of jobs to add to the job market for those unemployed.

    You're destined to slip or have some kind of an accident if you walk around staring towards the sky. Furthermore, if you can't monitor your surroundings in more than one direction then you sure as heck have no business driving.
    I'm making the point that stores know full well that they will have customers young and old, and it is incumbent upon them to provide a reasonably safe premises for all of their customers. Just because someone isn't as nimble as she once was, and doesn't see quite as well, doesn't mean that she should be confined to a nursing home.

  7. #57
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Costco can't move "I slipped on a slurpee" lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I'm making the point that stores know full well that they will have customers young and old, and it is incumbent upon them to provide a reasonably safe premises for all of their customers. Just because someone isn't as nimble as she once was, and doesn't see quite as well, doesn't mean that she should be confined to a nursing home.
    I'm not saying you should stick her in a nursing home. Customers young and old who can't look out for themselves should have someone present who is responsible for them. Customers should know full well that a grocery store or restaurant are locations where spills are likely to occur and should keep an eye out.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  8. #58
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Costco can't move "I slipped on a slurpee" lawsuit

    Well, we're not going to agree on this -- as inconceivable as that may be.

    I just don't think it's unreasonable to expect a retail establishment to keep its premises relatively clean and free of clutter.

  9. #59
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Costco can't move "I slipped on a slurpee" lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    This is your advice to an elderly woman? How heartless.
    Actually that is probably especially good advice for the elderly.
    Last edited by X Factor; 08-30-11 at 02:23 AM.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  10. #60
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Costco can't move "I slipped on a slurpee" lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Do you know why Cosco/Sams/Wall-depot/mart/max have electric carts and ****?

    Because old ladys don't see **** EVERYONE ELSE sees and avoids, they slip in it, they fall, they sue.

    You can't slip and fall if your already sitting in a ****ing cart. DUH!

    "Oh look at me I'm in my 'golden years' and I'm independent and I can do whatever I-*whop-splat*".

    Better get that Life-Alert!
    I totally lol'd at "whop-splat".
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •