Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65

Thread: AP-GfK Poll: Obama faces trouble with key voters

  1. #51
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Obama faces trouble with key voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    It's one side saying, "We can't afford to pay more taxes." and the other side saying, "We refuse to pay more taxes. We were going to create jobs use automation to save on labor costs with that money."
    I can at least afford to pay what I already have deducted every pay period...but they give me about 75% of that back every year. I could probably afford another 3-5% of my income in taxes if I really had to. I don't even make 30k/year, but I make responsible decisions with my money, I accept that I don't need designer clothing and 52" flat screen televisions in every room of my house. I make goals and I save until I can afford whatever that goal will cost me. I live within my means. And yet when taxes come up it's always everybody but the "rich", which is just some arbitrary identifier used to identify anybody making more than the poster, is in dire straights and can't afford to be robbed of their money.

    The reality is, most of this country is - or should be - doing fine with the money they make. The fact that they aren't doesn't mean that the "rich" should pay more so the rest of us don't have to. People need to be realistic with their money and their obligations (personal and public) and stop passing the buck to the next guy up the line. The class warfare bull**** we've bought into needs to stop.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  2. #52
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Obama faces trouble with key voters

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Yeah, seems to me Obama doesn't stand a chance.
    Who do the GOP have? Idiots! Perry is the ONLY chance conservatives have. And once again Im not voting for the GOP or the Dems. Im writing in Ron Paul.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  3. #53
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Obama faces trouble with key voters

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Who do the GOP have? Idiots! Perry is the ONLY chance conservatives have. And once again Im not voting for the GOP or the Dems. Im writing in Ron Paul.
    I don't really see how Perry could win it. He appears to be a stone cold religious nut. IMO Romney is their best bet so far... Not great, but their best bet out of the options presented thus far.

  4. #54
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Obama faces trouble with key voters

    Thus the republicans' quandary: you have to be an extremist to win the primary, but an extremist can't win the general election. Which is why Obama is going to win.

  5. #55
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Obama faces trouble with key voters

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Thus the republicans' quandary: you have to be an extremist to win the primary, but an extremist can't win the general election. Which is why Obama is going to win.
    So Obama will fool the populace by running on his record?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  6. #56
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Obama faces trouble with key voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Perry is too evangelical. Romney has RomneyCare.
    and the Obama Administration has been one long fiscal nightmare. However, your argument was that the GOP needs to nominate "someone with a strong fiscal background and policy to offer", and both men have that. Romney could run on his private-sector success and understanding of how actual jobs are created, whereas Perry has an impressive counter-narrative to the Obama years to offer.

    THE issue in this election will not be whether or not you think the candidate prays too much or too little (and the Obama campaign might understandably be a little hesitant to accuse Perry of having ties to crazy pastors - people in glass houses and such); it will be about which Candidate can produce jobs, economic growth, and shrink the size and cost of government. On either of those scores, Obama starts at a heavy disadvantage against the lead Republican contenders.

    No, it's because it's nothing more than rich people whining about poor people not "paying their fair share". As if that would miraculously fix the credit based economy.
    a tariff (as suggested) would immediately hike the cost of living on America's poor. It would also destroy innumerable jobs; and those with few job skills would be the most vulnerable and greatest effected.

  7. #57
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Obama faces trouble with key voters

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    and the Obama Administration has been one long fiscal nightmare. However, your argument was that the GOP needs to nominate "someone with a strong fiscal background and policy to offer", and both men have that. Romney could run on his private-sector success and understanding of how actual jobs are created, whereas Perry has an impressive counter-narrative to the Obama years to offer.

    THE issue in this election will not be whether or not you think the candidate prays too much or too little (and the Obama campaign might understandably be a little hesitant to accuse Perry of having ties to crazy pastors - people in glass houses and such); it will be about which Candidate can produce jobs, economic growth, and shrink the size and cost of government. On either of those scores, Obama starts at a heavy disadvantage against the lead Republican contenders.
    I'm not convinced that a GOP plan would have been better.

    Jobs are created by an increase in demand.

    Perry really benefited from businesses leaving California. Is he going to fix the country by taking all the jobs from California?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    a tariff (as suggested) would immediately hike the cost of living on America's poor. It would also destroy innumerable jobs; and those with few job skills would be the most vulnerable and greatest effected.
    It would cost more, of course. That's how American companies will have a chance to be competitive to increase demand for their goods.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #58
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Obama faces trouble with key voters

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I can at least afford to pay what I already have deducted every pay period...but they give me about 75% of that back every year. I could probably afford another 3-5% of my income in taxes if I really had to. I don't even make 30k/year, but I make responsible decisions with my money, I accept that I don't need designer clothing and 52" flat screen televisions in every room of my house. I make goals and I save until I can afford whatever that goal will cost me. I live within my means. And yet when taxes come up it's always everybody but the "rich", which is just some arbitrary identifier used to identify anybody making more than the poster, is in dire straights and can't afford to be robbed of their money.

    The reality is, most of this country is - or should be - doing fine with the money they make. The fact that they aren't doesn't mean that the "rich" should pay more so the rest of us don't have to. People need to be realistic with their money and their obligations (personal and public) and stop passing the buck to the next guy up the line. The class warfare bull**** we've bought into needs to stop.
    So at roughly $575.00 a week that you earn, let's say that you can afford almost $1500 (5%) a year in taxes. A medical issue could wipe that out. Car trouble could wipe that out. A fire in your apartment could wipe that out. Having your wisdom teeth removed could wipe that out.

    And as far as that 75% figure goes, are you including medicare and SS taxes as the 25% you don't get back?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #59
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Obama faces trouble with key voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Source: The Associated Press: AP-GfK Poll: Obama faces trouble with key voters

    Obama's approval/confidence numbers are plunging among whites, white independents, women, the young, and even liberals.

    The question remains... Can he win reelection in 2012 without significant upturns in the economy/job sector/debt controls?

    I don't think so.
    I still think it depends on who the GOP puts up to run against him.

    The reason why he has a low approval rate among liberals is because he isn't liberal enough. However, that doesn't mean that those liberals will vote for a paleo-conservative such as Bachmann or Perry, who are the frontrunners among the GOP for the GOP nomination. So if a liberal had to choose between voting for Obama or a Tea Partier I think they'd still vote for Obama because a Tea Partier would be worse at representing their interests.

    Also, Obama certainly is facing a high unemployment rate. But a growing number of the unemployed are public workers that have been fired by the austerity measures the federal, state, and local governments have been implementing. So it's somewhat doubtful if they will vote for a Tea Partier who will further cut government spending and will continue to put them out of work.

    So disapproval of Obama does not necessarily mean approval of the GOP candidates. It just depends on what kind of alternative the GOP provides to voters. If the alternative they choose is worse than Obama then he will be a shoo-in for re-election.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  10. #60
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Obama faces trouble with key voters

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I don't even make 30k/year, but I make responsible decisions with my money, I accept that I don't need designer clothing and 52" flat screen televisions in every room of my house.
    In many areas there are many people who can't even make 30k/year. Especially during this recession.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •