Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 141

Thread: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

  1. #61
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Regarding Maxine Waters comments I heard someone taday (and I don't remember who) make the observation that she is a Democrat from a very liberal district in California.

    Their point was that she must be a "very brave person" to make such a comment since she will never have to fear the wrath of the Tea Party or Republicans in general for her comments.
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  2. #62
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    Regarding Maxine Waters comments I heard someone taday (and I don't remember who) make the observation that she is a Democrat from a very liberal district in California.

    Their point was that she must be a "very brave person" to make such a comment since she will never have to fear the wrath of the Tea Party or Republicans in general for her comments.
    My question is - which office at Langley, Virginia did this post originate from?

  3. #63
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,093

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Argh. This is so frustrating to me that still now folks on the right just are fundamentally mixing up what the default was about. It wasn't about cutting spending. Cutting spending would be a good thing. This wasn't that. This was money ALREADY SPENT that they were threatening not to pay the bills on.
    that is incorrect. simply because you have made a plan to spend some money does not mean that it is already spent. we had plenty of income to cover all of our previous spending (our debt). which, of course, is why there was no real threat of default.

  4. #64
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    The bottom line here is that for all of the calls of 'misrepresentation', all the calls of 'incivility' in rhetoric, all of the language that is accusatory in nature hurled at conservatives by liberals is a form of projection that to me shows how desperate the liberal wing of the demo party is getting. And so soon in the election too.

    We see that the mere bringing up Waters' ugly statement to SEIU supporters in that meeting brings forth accusations ranging from selective outrage, to hypocrisy. As if republicans and conservatives are supposed to just be silent, however when conservatives like Sarah Palin uses inflammatory rhetoric, as an example, she is picked apart for days not only by those lemmings in the media that carry Obama's water, but those in here that seem to have a derangement concerning her.

    Saul Alinsky said in his book 'Rules for Radicals', of which he dedicated to Satin, that one tactic liberals seem to have embraced is to hold the opposition rigidly to their standards, while you as the radical have none to be held to. Another, tactic laid out in that book was to make sure that you not only dismiss as absurd any charge made by the opposition, but that you totally destroy them through ridicule, and mockery. Sound familiar in todays political spew coming from the libs?

    Listen, I have no outrage about Waters, as someone pointed out already, she has already lifted the mask about who she is in the oil company hearings. She is a clown, and someone whom if she didn't pin on that congressional designation pin every morning, she may well be putting on the tie in the back wardrobe of the third floor at the local mental health facility.

    But these are the supposed leaders of our society....Don't they make us proud?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #65
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The bottom line here is that for all of the calls of 'misrepresentation', all the calls of 'incivility' in rhetoric, all of the language that is accusatory in nature hurled at conservatives by liberals is a form of projection that to me shows how desperate the liberal wing of the demo party is getting. And so soon in the election too.

    We see that the mere bringing up Waters' ugly statement to SEIU supporters in that meeting brings forth accusations ranging from selective outrage, to hypocrisy. As if republicans and conservatives are supposed to just be silent, however when conservatives like Sarah Palin uses inflammatory rhetoric, as an example, she is picked apart for days not only by those lemmings in the media that carry Obama's water, but those in here that seem to have a derangement concerning her.

    Saul Alinsky said in his book 'Rules for Radicals', of which he dedicated to Satin, that one tactic liberals seem to have embraced is to hold the opposition rigidly to their standards, while you as the radical have none to be held to. Another, tactic laid out in that book was to make sure that you not only dismiss as absurd any charge made by the opposition, but that you totally destroy them through ridicule, and mockery. Sound familiar in todays political spew coming from the libs?

    Listen, I have no outrage about Waters, as someone pointed out already, she has already lifted the mask about who she is in the oil company hearings. She is a clown, and someone whom if she didn't pin on that congressional designation pin every morning, she may well be putting on the tie in the back wardrobe of the third floor at the local mental health facility.

    But these are the supposed leaders of our society....Don't they make us proud?


    j-mac
    As long as you see life as left and right, my team and their team, you will always be used, be a tool. And speaking of ignoring, you know too little about the book and writer of "Rules for Radicals," too often mistakeningly appying your misunderstanding to simply anything you don't like.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #66
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Did anybody else get a chuckle out of this?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac
    Another, tactic laid out in that book was to make sure that you not only dismiss as absurd any charge made by the opposition, but that you totally destroy them through ridicule, and mockery.


    She is a clown, and someone whom if she didn't pin on that congressional designation pin every morning, she may well be putting on the tie in the back wardrobe of the third floor at the local mental health facility.
    You have learned your lessons well...LOL




    I know, I know, the libs made me do it or fight fire with fire or if you can't beat 'em, join 'em or do unto others, etc., etc.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  7. #67
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,046

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Another, tactic laid out in that book was to make sure that you not only dismiss as absurd any charge made by the opposition, but that you totally destroy them through ridicule, and mockery. Sound familiar in todays political spew coming from the libs?
    I just can't imagine someone being so delusional that they honestly think that only one side ridicule's the other side and paints the other side's ideas as absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  8. #68
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As long as you see life as left and right, my team and their team, you will always be used, be a tool. And speaking of ignoring, you know too little about the book and writer of "Rules for Radicals," too often mistakeningly appying your misunderstanding to simply anything you don't like.
    Ok, please post for us the last time you supported anything that didn't fall in line with the liberal statist agenda. If you are such a middle of the road free thinker this should be no problem....

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #69
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    I just can't imagine someone being so delusional that they honestly think that only one side ridicule's the other side and paints the other side's ideas as absurd.
    Not what I said. Please read again for comprehension this time.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #70
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,281

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    She certainly summed up my feelings. I'll give her that!

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •