Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 141

Thread: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

  1. #21
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, here we have it...The more civil tone....When Gov. Perry says something that liberals don't like the call is all about civility, yet Maxine Waters, the socialist can say whatever she wants.....Pure Allensky.

    j-mac

    While I dont agree with maxine waters....the tearparty hasnt been civil either...

  2. #22
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Luntz has a company. The slogan is "Its not what you say, its what they hear."

    Cognitive linguistics is the cornersone of Republican messaging.

    Its why everything one hears from them is repetitive and term-specific. No divergence from the "message" can be tolerated because that would change what they "hear".

    Almost the entire Republican platform is based on 30 years of "framing" issues, using what they know about how your brain works that you don't.

    And the Democrats are catching up fast. Which is NOT a good thing.
    What bothers me more is how easily we all climb on board. Stupid little catch phrases keep popping up on both sides and it drives me nuts. I can't tell you how many times I've seen somebody reference budget cuts on here using that "scalpel vs. machete" analogy we heard so much, or "tax cuts for the wealthy", "throw grandma from a cliff", "party of no", "tax and spend liberals", etc., etc., etc.

    It makes me feel like a mindless drone when I catch myself using these stupid little catch phrases. Maybe that's part of the reason I don't watch a lot of cable news...but I've even seen it reach into written news.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #23
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I can agree with the closing of your post, however, I am not outraged, either selectively, or otherwise. I think it is sad when the opposition in a political forum tries to use that weak argument.

    Not talking about you ofcourse...

    j-mac
    She told a group to go to hell. Bringing up that stupid book is nothing more than a talking point that tells everyone here that if we want to know what you're thinking before you even get a chance to post we can just listen to Limbaugh or Beck and then we don't even have to read your posts.

    And to think I constantly hear conservatives talking about how "thin skinned" Obama is, lol. You see, it's funny, because some of the biggest whiners I've ever met have been conservatives on forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  4. #24
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NC
    Last Seen
    09-04-15 @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    420

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    She told a group to go to hell. Bringing up that stupid book is nothing more than a talking point that tells everyone here that if we want to know what you're thinking before you even get a chance to post we can just listen to Limbaugh or Beck and then we don't even have to read your posts.

    And to think I constantly hear conservatives talking about how "thin skinned" Obama is, lol. You see, it's funny, because some of the biggest whiners I've ever met have been conservatives on forums.
    some of them might be, but the majority of them are liberals

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,451
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    What bothers me more is how easily we all climb on board. Stupid little catch phrases keep popping up on both sides and it drives me nuts. I can't tell you how many times I've seen somebody reference budget cuts on here using that "scalpel vs. machete" analogy we heard so much, or "tax cuts for the wealthy", "throw grandma from a cliff", "party of no", "tax and spend liberals", etc., etc., etc.

    It makes me feel like a mindless drone when I catch myself using these stupid little catch phrases. Maybe that's part of the reason I don't watch a lot of cable news...but I've even seen it reach into written news.
    I watch for them and try to keep them from taking root. So they don't become "truth" over time, which is why they do it in the first place.

    One of the keys to this type of messaging is it almost invariably leaves key elements of the issue at hand out. Find what was left out, point that out. Rinse. Repeat.

    Sucks I have to watch both sides for this now. The left was always so scattershot and disorganized on this before.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  6. #26
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Quote Originally Posted by fishinRod View Post
    some of them might be, but the majority of them are liberals
    I'd like to say that I see it as 50/50 to be fair but If I'm being honest I have seen probably twice as many whiny conservatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  7. #27
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Stupid is as stupid does... in this case it's not even an accusation it's just a pejorative statement.
    And we see lots of it. We can either get upset over all of it and spend all out time upset, or we can laugh at those who use it and move on. If we create a thread every time some one says something negative about the other party, we will have dozens of threads a day on just those.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #28
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Is there some kind of alternative, scenic route to hell? Has anyone ever been told they can go meandering generally in the direction of hell?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You're incorrect Redress.

    We have two classic cases



    Shocker, people have a need to speak out about bad behavior more when its being done by people they don't like.
    And some people recognize that trivial **** is trivial ****.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #30
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,684
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Rep. Maxine Waters says "Tea Party can go straight to hell"

    Hey Maxine, you first!
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •