Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 132

Thread: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

  1. #61
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    I wouldn't be walking around in a militarized zone. Also Im polite to muslims which means I wont get lynched.






    Maybe it will be like Uzbekistan was when I was there... nice place.

    well. i guess the "lonely planet travel forum" should be believed over the thousands of reports of civil and human rights abuses
    which have been documented from the actual citizens of iran. jeez. whatever was i thinking? was this forum around during the time
    of nazi germany? i'm just sure one of the members of it gave berlin a fabulous review on the city's yom kippur celebration at the time.
    Last edited by lewstherin; 08-23-11 at 10:19 PM.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Yes, the people who wear their fannypacks and actually go there have spoken. But feel free to disregard it lest your entire conceptual universe be shattered leaving you writhing in its glassy shards. No really. Please give me some data and evidence of systematic dangers to foreign visitors who are not political belligerents in the country. Or shift and dodge and waste my time once again.

  3. #63
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Yes, the people who wear their fannypacks and actually go there have spoken. But feel free to disregard it lest your entire conceptual universe be shattered leaving you writhing in its glassy shards. No really. Please give me some data and evidence of systematic dangers to foreign visitors who are not political belligerents in the country. Or shift and dodge and waste my time once again.
    so you're saying these hikers were political belligerents? were they not wearing fannypacks?
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    If you're caught on the border of mexico you get detained, if your caught between Iraq or iran, or the korean dmz, pak/afghan border, etc.

    keep dodging the fact that you can travel to Iran though more mainstream means and have a civil enjoyable time.

  5. #65
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    If you're caught on the border of mexico you get detained, if your caught between Iraq or iran, or the korean dmz, pak/afghan border, etc.

    keep dodging the fact that you can travel to Iran though more mainstream means and have a civil enjoyable time.
    name one single free and civilized nation on the planet that gives a person 8 years in prison for simply
    crossing their border and you will have made your point. until then? take your fannypack and kick mud on down the road, schoolboy.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Strange, civilized nations neighbored by countries occupied by western militaries doesnt sway you at all?

  7. #67
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Strange, civilized nations neighbored by countries occupied by western militaries doesnt sway you at all?
    ahhhhhh...so it's america's fault and the reason these hikers received such a harsh sentence was because they were american. so.........
    just how does this fit in with your theory that an american traveling into iran via commercial jet wouldn't be closely monitored after arrival?
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    just how does this fit in with your theory that an american traveling into iran via commercial jet wouldn't be closely monitored after arrival?
    Change the subject much? Relevance? Occhams razor concerning a massive surveillance state that you dont even know exists.
    Since you seem to be on the inside of the Iranian intelligence services I will concede that point. They would certainly enjoy listening to the tourists chewing on delicious Iranian food and haggling in the markets. The barbarians. Something tells me if I went there I wouldnt be a 'high priority' subject for the massive orwellian surveillance state that modern fiction theorizes within you must exist. There may be some issues of ego that persist on your part that makes you believe the security services of a foreign nation would care what socks you wear in Iran.

    ahhhhhh...so it's america's fault and the reason these hikers received such a harsh sentence was because they were american. so.
    It's not America's fault per se all 'empires' expand as far as they can sustain themselves. As far as I'm concerned the hikers were damned freaking stupid to the core.

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Then why were dumbassed American college students a "high priority" for this non-Orwellian state?

  10. #70
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Then why were dumbassed American college students a "high priority" for this non-Orwellian state?
    Perhaps they received reports of dumbassed American spies who crossed the boarder into Iran
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •