Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 132

Thread: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

  1. #21
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,086

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    What kind of fool do you have to be to plan your hiking trip in an extreme fundamentalist muslim state? I assume they were NOT spies...so its likely they will serve 8 years for being stupid.

    As for the moronic comments comparing the execution of a rapist/murderer in Texas to this situation...yes...Im SURE that the Iranian judicial system...the one that kills people for being gay (wait...WOULD kill people for being gay...they dont have homosexuals in Iran-they hung those young folk for some completely unrelated thing...like...I think it wa s atraffic incident)...Im sure that were it not for the Texas situation they would have been kind and benevolent towards these hikers-even thought they were arrested and have been held long before the execution in Texas. What kind of a twisted moron would use THIS tragic siutuation to further their own idiotic ideology?
    Strawman make a person look really stupid. Here I'll put it in simple for you:

    US doesn't follow international law.

    US can't demand others follow international law.

    US denies foreign nationals rights.

    US can't demand others give US nationals their full rights.

    --------------

    See how reading helps you Mack? It's really a wonder when you learn to read posts properly.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 08-21-11 at 01:46 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #22
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,334
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Irrelevant. What a person's crime is does not give his accusers ground to deny him rights. If it does then Iran is perfectly within the accepted standard for denying people rights.


    Sure.


    Opinion.



    It's cute to know your opinion on the matter.
    I am lost for words to describe how much fail this post has.

    I'm glad to see you have such high faith in the Iranian government.... Enjoy that.

  3. #23
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Strawman make a person look really stupid. Here I'll put it in simple for you:

    US doesn't follow international law.

    US can't demand others follow international law.

    US denies foreign nationals rights.

    US can't demand others give US nationals their full rights.

    --------------

    See how reading helps you Mack? It's really a wonder when you learn to read posts properly.
    I dont often go to the 'irony' card, but you...calling ANYONE stupid...especially in light of your comment in this thread...OMG...

    And...you want to talk 'strawmen'? With YOUR arguments? Thats like a triple hit point stupid on your behalf.

  4. #24
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,334
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Strawman make a person look really stupid. Here I'll put it in simple for you:

    US doesn't follow international law.

    US can't demand others follow international law.

    US denies foreign nationals rights.

    US can't deny others give US nationals their full rights.

    --------------

    See how reading helps you Mack? It's really a wonder when you learn to read posts properly.
    Putting aside the American bashing.

    Strawman is one person getting their "right" to consult their national government didn't change the fact he was guilty anyway... And rightfully executed, doesn't compare to on obviously political imprisonment by the Iranian government.

    There is not a shred of evidence these people were spies.

    Glad to see you have your priorities straight.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,086

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I am lost for words to describe how much fail this post has.

    I'm glad to see you have such high faith in the Iranian government.... Enjoy that.
    Jetboogieman, I've noticed. You're not debater who really likes being called out on his inability to make a strong argument. Do you believe you have a right to demand other countries give a fair trial if you don't afford it to others?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #26
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,086

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I dont often go to the 'irony' card, but you...calling ANYONE stupid...especially in light of your comment in this thread...OMG...

    And...you want to talk 'strawmen'? With YOUR arguments? Thats like a triple hit point stupid on your behalf.
    It's not a straw man. People on this board DID show that they had no problem with Texas denying a foreign national certain rights. Do you know what a straw man is?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #27
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,334
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Jetboogieman, I've noticed. You're not debater who really likes being called out on his inability to make a strong argument. Do you believe you have a right to demand other countries give a fair trial if you don't afford it to others?
    Well I'm glad you feel the need to rate my debating strength against yours instead of defending your quite frankly uncomparible, comparison.

  8. #28
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Jetboogieman, I've noticed. You're not debater who really likes being called out on his inability to make a strong argument. Do you believe you have a right to demand other countries give a fair trial if you don't afford it to others?
    Lets see...rapist murderer recieves fair trial...only beef anyone has is not with the sentence...hell...they WANT a life sentence. Why? They know his ass is guilty. They rail not against the fairness of the trial but against the death penalty and a possible technicality to have it thrown out (you know...that death penalty that says although the guy came here as a THREE year old and lived virtually his entire life here, they should have notified the embassy that a person born in mejico raped children and then bashed their heads in with a rock-hey...dood...nice example you hitch your wagon to BTW). Without the death penalty people like you wouldnt even know his name...let alone give a **** about him. Vs...the situation in Iran.

    You know...having even the slightest amount of dignity and grace means that every once in a while you can allow yourself to recognize...hmmm...yep...that was a stupid argument...OK...my bad. But....NAH...you keep on clinging to your 'point'.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,086

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Putting aside the American bashing.
    What American bashing? Are you even an American?

    Strawman is one person getting their "right" to consult their national government didn't change the fact he was guilty anyway.
    What does it matter then? These people were found to be guilty anyway. So what would legal US council change?
    .. And rightfully executed, doesn't compare to on obviously political imprisonment by the Iranian government.
    Your opinion is nice to know.

    There is not a shred of evidence these people were spies.
    Iran seems to think differently.

    Glad to see you have your priorities straight.
    Glad to see you're unable to define what a straw man is or even realize the gap of inconsistency in your arguments.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #30
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,086

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Lets see...rapist murderer recieves fair trial
    If he was denied legal council from his country, then that's hardly a fair trial. The rest of your argument is nothing but a boring diatribe.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •