Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 132

Thread: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

  1. #101
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Cross our border illegally and you get welfare, food stamps, free medical care, and free housing, and if you commit a crime in most sanctuary cities you are never charged or prosecuted.

  2. #102
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Ask yourself the same question about the innocent-hikers-on-the-border-of-Iran-and-Iraq explanation. The spy theory sounds at least as plausible to me.
    You don't think that US aid organizations (and others from many countries) exist in Iraq? I bet they do. I bet I can volunteer to go to Iraq Peace Corps-esque. And while I'm there, I bet a couple others would like to go hiking and maybe get just a glimpse of Persia - its mountains, borderlands at the edge of civilization... the top of the mountain, and have a look.


    3 agents caught together wearing hiking gear and with nothing of any significance on them (physical evidence of any sort)... in the desert? Were they looking for a big radar-dish that folds out of the mountside to direct the doomsday weapon? That's lol. Seriously, what's wrong with you.


    But then, I'm not the one who is blustering and swearing up and down that it's correct.
    I'm not blustering. I'm employing a basic level of logic against an assumption that supports Iran and is, in reason, ludicrous.

    If you're so sure that the hiker story is correct, let's see something a bit more than "they were hiking in some meaningless area (at least, meaningless to me)" before you start hurling insults.
    See above. Now, that probably doesn't mean anything to you because logic and reason are not big in your repertoire. You prefer the possibility that something could (however insiginificant the odds) support your worldview. Poker with you would be fantastic. Keep believing in miracles and don't look to the side; what you don't see cannot hurt you.

    ludicrous-speed.jpg



    @Pete, do you wear a big hat?
    Last edited by ecofarm; 08-31-11 at 07:46 AM.

  3. #103
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Cross our border illegally and you get welfare, food stamps, free medical care, and free housing, and if you commit a crime in most sanctuary cities you are never charged or prosecuted.
    And they tell us we cant afford Social Security for those that paid into it all their lives or medicare...and no one is entitled to a pension or health benefits...and they arent uttering a peep about the border...I guess if your american none of the things you mention apply

  4. #104
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    The Americans, whose final court hearing was three weeks ago, deny the charges and say they were only hiking in a scenic and largely peaceful area of northern Iraq near the porous border.

    Vancemack said it all...WHY? why there...its begs for trouble.

  5. #105
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Cross our border illegally and you get welfare,
    Not

    food stamps,
    Not

    free medical care,
    ER only

    and free housing,
    Not

    and if you commit a crime in most sanctuary cities you are never charged or prosecuted.
    Not.

  6. #106
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post

    Here I'll make it simple for you again:

    Being in the country for X period of time, does not allow a country to deny foreign nationals legal council from their governments. In both these cases people were denied legal council from their governments. As Texas did not allow a foreign national to have the council of his government, then the US can't demand that other countries follow international law when the same situation arises with American nationals abroad. In essence, the US has shot itself its own moral foot.



    Do you know what a straw man is?

    So it's your opinion then, that had the US given this murderer, the right to a mexican council, then then there is going to be some other outcome expected with Iran concerning these spies/ students??

    If that is your opinion, then I suggest your slide back under that rock you have been living under for the last 10 years, Because Iran for that time has been telling the US and the UN to f**k off concerning just about everything.

    Comparing what we did to what a country like Iran does, is asinine at best, and just downright stupid at worst. If we were dealing with any country that had any past history of a person “rights” you may have a valid point.

    Now I can understand your hatred of the death penalty here in the US, and that's fine, everyone has their own opinion of that, but using what happened in Texas, as an example of how Iran is treating these people, saying, let alone thinking, that Iran would act, or would have acted any differently is just pure nonsense.

    Then lastly, of those people that agreed with what happened in Texas, I see very few of them complaining much at all over this sentence. Most have called those people stupid for hiking where they did, and deserving of what they have gotten for being so stupid.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dixieland South
    Last Seen
    10-11-11 @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    364

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Tell the Iranian Goverment we'll trade Lady Ga Ga and Justin Beiber for them.

  8. #108
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל • אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Add to the fact the serious issues with why the hell they were there in the first place, and I would tend from off the bat to believe they were spies for the US in some sort of way.
    But of course. They are Americans. They must be guilty.

    PeatLogic

    אשכנזי היהודי • Белый Россию

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Are they more or less real than the Russian spies caught in the US last summer?

  10. #110
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: American hikers get sentenced to 8 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    One is considered innocent unless/until the prosecution proves its case.
    Legally, yes. On an internet message board, no.

    Since you seem to embrace the Iranian prosecution position, the onus here is thus on you to advance the Iranian case with bona-fide instruments of evidence. So far, you have not provided even a smidgen of such.
    Nor have I argued that they are guilty of spying.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •