Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 82

Thread: New DHS rules cancel deportations

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: New DHS rules cancel deportations

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    The law is being enforced on immigration. The law is that ICE has discretion about who to detain. The law specifies what rights defendants have in immigration courts and sets a budget for those courts. The law specifies that some cities are sanctuary cities. The law sets the budget for border patrol. It sounds like you want to change the law, not like you want to enforce the law as written, right?
    I want to see it changed. I can take all the paragraphs of that law and simplify it to a couple sentences.....

    "Nobody is allowed to be in the United States unless they are a Citizen of the United States. Any non-citizen found in the United States will be executed on the spot."

  2. #12
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: New DHS rules cancel deportations

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I want to see it changed. I can take all the paragraphs of that law and simplify it to a couple sentences.....

    "Nobody is allowed to be in the United States unless they are a Citizen of the United States. Any non-citizen found in the United States will be executed on the spot."
    Ah, ok. So it isn't actually that you have an interest in the rule of the law. Your interest is actually in genocide. Got ya.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: New DHS rules cancel deportations

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Ah, ok. So it isn't actually that you have an interest in the rule of the law. Your interest is actually in genocide. Got ya.
    Yes, I do. I just want to see a different law in place. No interest in Genocide either. There's no need for these spies and sabotouers to be in the United States in the first place.

  4. #14
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,012

    Re: New DHS rules cancel deportations

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    I think you mean to say that at some point racist vigilantes will start attacking people based on their ethnicity until they are put down by the FBI... But, we've already crossed that line. The so called minutemen, for example, were posting armed goons at polling places trying to prevent hispanics from voting. That american nazi party aligned organization supposedly sent snipers to the border. Etc.
    and the black panthers blocking voting in some places.

    How much do you know of the border security issue between Mexico and the US? There are places I would not go unless armed due to drug smugglers. Local news showed many private groups just watching the border and calling the BP when illegal crossers were spotted. Yes some were armed, but not to shoot or hold at gunpoint illegal aliens. There can be extremists in every group.

    So you believe the Federal Govt is enforcing all immigrations and security laws to its fullest ability? When the Federal Govt. fails in its duties, at times States or people will react.
    There are some that choose to ignore or let conditions continue to disintergrate.
    Last edited by mike2810; 08-19-11 at 12:07 PM.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  5. #15
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: New DHS rules cancel deportations

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    and the black panthers blocking voting in some places. When the Federal Govt. fails in its duties, at times States or people will react.
    Fails in its duties? The federal govenment doesn't have a "duty" to prevent a racial group from voting, they have a duty to prevent vigilantes- be they minutemen or black panthers- from trying to stop racial groups from voting.

  6. #16
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: New DHS rules cancel deportations

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Yes, I do. I just want to see a different law in place. No interest in Genocide either. There's no need for these spies and sabotouers to be in the United States in the first place.
    I mean, obviously killing millions of men women and children because they don't have their paperwork in order is insane over the top nazi crazy talk... Not really sure what else I can say to that... I'm sure you don't really believe that. At least I assume you aren't really a genocidal maniac...

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: New DHS rules cancel deportations

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Fails in its duties? The federal govenment doesn't have a "duty" to prevent a racial group from voting, they have a duty to prevent vigilantes- be they minutemen or black panthers- from trying to stop racial groups from voting.
    They also have a duty to ENSURE that everyone who votes is a Citizen, and a Legitimate Voter; something they do not even make the barest attempt to do. THAT is why a lot of us are suggesting that other means may be necessary.

  8. #18
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: New DHS rules cancel deportations

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    They also have a duty to ENSURE that everyone who votes is a Citizen, and a Legitimate Voter; something they do not even make the barest attempt to do. THAT is why a lot of us are suggesting that other means may be necessary.
    You understand that vigilantes interfering with people's right to vote is the most serious of all possible types of voter fraud, right?

    As for non-citizens voting there has never been anything to indicate that happens in even remotely significant numbers. The republican party in Colorado got all worked up about how they thought it must be happening all the time and they did a big study and hired detectives and all this... They eventually produced an estimate that in the entire state of Colorado somewhere around 81 people voted who were not legally supposed to. Most of them were former felons, not non-citizens. It's just hype. Don't fall for things so easily.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: New DHS rules cancel deportations

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    You understand that vigilantes interfering with people's right to vote is the most serious of all possible types of voter fraud, right?
    I disagree. In my mind I would rather see thousands of votes uncast in order to ensure that even 1 non-voter doesn't get into the voting booth than to allow that 1 vote to be cast. Then again, I tend to believe that somewhere between 75 & 90% of the American voting public doesn't deserve to be allowed to cast a ballot to begin with, so that's probably something you'd take issue with as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    As for non-citizens voting there has never been anything to indicate that happens in even remotely significant numbers. The republican party in Colorado got all worked up about how they thought it must be happening all the time and they did a big study and hired detectives and all this... They eventually produced an estimate that in the entire state of Colorado somewhere around 81 people voted who were not legally supposed to. Most of them were former felons, not non-citizens. It's just hype. Don't fall for things so easily.
    That's 82 more people than should have been allowed to vote illegally.

  10. #20
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: New DHS rules cancel deportations

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I disagree. In my mind I would rather see thousands of votes uncast in order to ensure that even 1 non-voter doesn't get into the voting booth than to allow that 1 vote to be cast.
    Why? 1 person voting who shouldn't be allowed to skews the results exactly as much as 1 person who should be allowed to vote that isn't. That sounds like an emotional rather than a logical position.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •