Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 511 to 519 of 519

Thread: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

  1. #511
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I've read teh actual article by CERN, not the misinterpretations by people trying to sell more books.
    AHA! So he has a profit motive! And this make you suspicious, huh?, and unwilling to accept the what is being said. It seems you share the same closed mind shared by many little lefty brains and can't absorb information which conflicts with their beliefs, usually gained from an article which they first read on any subject.
    No, do you need help learning the difference between a journalist who has an open agenda and a scientist? Obviously you do since you are clearly under the asinine belief that Solomon is a scientist.
    No, he is a "journaist" (sic) ( a word a moron like yourself can't even spell) in a national newspaper, He refers to scientists in his column and the studies which have been done. These studies are available to everyone, but an ignorant piece of cow dung like yourself apparently can't process that into your poorly educated head.

    I do not get any of my scientific information from journalists because journalists are so often clueless about science.
    He is writing about the science, the background and the consequences. Can't you even decipher that much?

    Depends on how you define media. If you define media to include real scientific publications, I will get my scientific information from them from time to time.
    How do you suppose the word "media" is defined? You don't know that either? Does this have to be explained to you as well?
    Scientific American, for example, is a publication I will read. I usually go to the primary sources anyway, though.
    I'll wager a 'moron' like yourself just looks at the pictures.

    I only come across as thick to those who prefer to wallow in ignorance.
    No you'll be a thick, stupid and rude buffoon in any environment.

  2. #512
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,339
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It seems you share the same closed mind shared by many little lefty brains and can't absorb information which conflicts with their beliefs

    ( a word a moron like yourself can't even spell)

    but an ignorant piece of cow dung like yourself apparently can't process that into your poorly educated head.

    I'll wager a 'moron' like yourself just looks at the pictures.

    No you'll be a thick, stupid and rude buffoon in any environment.

  3. #513
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,589

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    AHA! So he has a profit motive! And this make you suspicious, huh?, and unwilling to accept the what is being said. It seems you share the same closed mind shared by many little lefty brains and can't absorb information which conflicts with their beliefs, usually gained from an article which they first read on any subject.


    No, he is a "journaist" (sic) ( a word a moron like yourself can't even spell) in a national newspaper, He refers to scientists in his column and the studies which have been done. These studies are available to everyone, but an ignorant piece of cow dung like yourself apparently can't process that into your poorly educated head.



    He is writing about the science, the background and the consequences. Can't you even decipher that much?



    How do you suppose the word "media" is defined? You don't know that either? Does this have to be explained to you as well?


    I'll wager a 'moron' like yourself just looks at the pictures.



    No you'll be a thick, stupid and rude buffoon in any environment.
    I see you've run out of real arguments, and resorted to ad hominem and personal attacks instead. Oh well. Maybe if you picked an issue on which there was some debatable points, you'd have better luck. It's OK. It's not your fault.
    That windmill just wasn't fighting fair.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #514
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    People are angry tonight. lol

  5. #515
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    AHA! So he has a profit motive! And this make you suspicious, huh?, and unwilling to accept the what is being said. It seems you share the same closed mind shared by many little lefty brains and can't absorb information which conflicts with their beliefs, usually gained from an article which they first read on any subject.
    No, he has a profit motive AND his information conflicts with that which actually exists in the article he purports to cite. When you willfully ignore that latter bit, it might appear to be closed mindedness, but when you actually take all of the information in, instead of making up nonsense to replace that which you do not wish to acknowledge, you'll see that there is more than just the profit motivation involved.


    No, he is a "journaist" (sic) ( a word a moron like yourself can't even spell)
    See, this kind of idiocy is why people think you are a retard, grant.

    Anyone with even the slightest amount of intelligence would be capable of recognizing that this is not a spelling error, but instead a typographical error where I accidentally ommitted the "L".

    This is because those who have working brains would be able to note that I spelled the word correctly later on in the same post. But apparently your feeble little pea brain is incapable of actually taking in all of the evidence presented to you when there is a perfectly retarded explanation for you to latch on to.

    in a national newspaper, He refers to scientists in his column and the studies which have been done.
    I read to the actual study be claims to be referencing, so I am fully aware that his interpretation of what the study said is false. Therefore, I have to take everything else he says with a grain of salt due to teh fact that I know for a fact he is not above making **** up.

    These studies are available to everyone, but an ignorant piece of cow dung like yourself apparently can't process that into your poorly educated head.
    Again, your feeble mind failed to take in all of the information available to you. I specifically noted that I had read the study in question in the very first sentence of the post you are quoting. But, as usual, an intelligent analysis of the data fell outside of your intellectual capacities.

    He is writing about the science, the background and the consequences. Can't you even decipher that much?
    Here's a little fact for you, since it is doubtful that your intellectual capacities are of a level high enough to intuit these facts on your own. Just because someone writes about science, the background and the consequences doesn't mean they know what they are talking about, nor does it mean that they are doing so honestly. People can lie. In this case, we know that Solomon is lying because he makes a claim about the CERN article which is definitely not true.

    It does not "all-but-settle" the issue. No single study can ever do that, but it is especially true of a study such as this one that got the results that it did CERN. One very specific thing that was mentioned in the CERN study itself was that cosmic rays alone could not account for everything.



    How do you suppose the word "media" is defined? You don't know that either? Does this have to be explained to you as well?
    The media encompasses many groups, not simply news organizations.

    You decided to use that term, while I stuck with a more specific term of "journalists".

    But I'm willing to answer questions, even if they are posed by dishonest and ignorant people.


    I'll wager a 'moron' like yourself just looks at the pictures.
    As the old saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted. How much are you willing to lose on this wager?

    No you'll be a thick, stupid and rude buffoon in any environment.
    Rude I'll accept. I'm certainly rude.

    But you have to be smarter than someone to actually know if they are stupid or thick, grant. This is simply not the case here. It's like how a brainless sea sponge doesn't have the intellectual capacities to judge the intelligence of a chihuahua. Even though the chihuahua may indeed be stupid, the sea sponge is so over-matched by the chihuahua intellectually that it simply does not have the capacity to judge said chihuahu.

    While I might be a rude little chihuahua, no sea sponge can judge me to be stupid. Just sayin'.

  6. #516
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Moderator's Warning:
    Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'It's the holiday and I don't want to have to work, but you guys are making me do it. Any more and I will add thread bans to the points.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #517
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    You think that I'm arguing some strawman?

    The Environmental Protection Agency counts as an important player? Don't they?

    December 7, 2009



    The question of the science is settled. The debate that should be taking place now is how to address this challenge and take advantage of the opportunity it offers.


    I'd be crucified if I did in my professional life what I see many climate scientists doing in their professional lives.
    Some do say that the debate is over, but IMO what they mean is that there is now more than enough evidence to justify responding to the problem -- particularly given the fact that time is of the essence.

    If you get a diagnosis and multiple second opinions telling you with 97% confidence that you have a fast-growing brain tumor, do you keep seeing additional doctors in the hopes that you can get a 100% certain diagnosis, or do you go ahead and treat your condition as if it's a fast-growing brain tumor?

  8. #518
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And what was that?
    The great significance of a small increase in average temperature, as illustrated by National Geographic.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #519
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,589

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Some do say that the debate is over, but IMO what they mean is that there is now more than enough evidence to justify responding to the problem -- particularly given the fact that time is of the essence.

    If you get a diagnosis and multiple second opinions telling you with 97% confidence that you have a fast-growing brain tumor, do you keep seeing additional doctors in the hopes that you can get a 100% certain diagnosis, or do you go ahead and treat your condition as if it's a fast-growing brain tumor?
    That depends on how much damage the tumor has done to your though process.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •