Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 519

Thread: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

  1. #391
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Actually our rivers did burn, which was a significant factor in passing the clean water act. Shockingly, water quality has improved markedly since then. Not familiar with those consensus scientific findings that predicted crumbling cities and collapsing continents. Perhaps you have a link?
    Yes, I am quite familiar with that incident of the river catching fire, and in fact it caught fire several times. And while water quality has improved in that river, and thats something to be grateful for, water quality in other areas has been excellent for centuries.

    Global warming is a money making hoax though it has its believers, just as other hoaxes throughout the centuries have had, and each time people are convinced that maybe this time it will finally be true. But, just like the fears of the past, they have proved to be nonsense. Halloween Hangover: Ehrlich, Holdren, Hansen Unretracted — MasterResource

  2. #392
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, I am quite familiar with that incident of the river catching fire, and in fact it caught fire several times. And while water quality has improved in that river, and thats something to be grateful for, water quality in other areas has been excellent for centuries.

    Global warming is a money making hoax though it has its believers, just as other hoaxes throughout the centuries have had, and each time people are convinced that maybe this time it will finally be true. But, just like the fears of the past, they have proved to be nonsense. Halloween Hangover: Ehrlich, Holdren, Hansen Unretracted — MasterResource
    No, it isn't a hoax. You've been brainwashed by partisan media types who know f*ckall about the problem.

  3. #393
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,956

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    No, it isn't a hoax. You've been brainwashed by partisan media types who know f*ckall about the problem.
    You realize that the other side views you much the same way? Both sides will say it's fueled by propaganda.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  4. #394
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,529

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    You realize that the other side views you much the same way? Both sides will say it's fueled by propaganda.
    Correct. On one side, we have some pundits with little or no scientific background. On the other side, we have every scientific organization on Earth.

    Sure, there are two sides to every question.

    In this corner, we have Godzilla, weighing in at twenty tons, with teeth three feet long.
    In this corner, we have Mrs. Jones' lap poodle.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #395
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    No, it isn't a hoax. You've been brainwashed by partisan media types who know f*ckall about the problem.
    Right, but you and Al Gore do.

    Believe what you want to believe, i really don't care. But I'd also suggest you follow the money in these hoaxes because there is plenty being made. And the pity of it is that a lot of it is tax dollars.

  6. #396
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Correct. On one side, we have some pundits with little or no scientific background. On the other side, we have every scientific organization on Earth.

    Sure, there are two sides to every question.

    In this corner, we have Godzilla, weighing in at twenty tons, with teeth three feet long.
    In this corner, we have Mrs. Jones' lap poodle.
    That's just it. Deniers what their poodle to be seen as equal in every way to Godzilla. Forget the science, just pretend they have equal claim.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #397
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's just it. Deniers what their poodle to be seen as equal in every way to Godzilla. Forget the science, just pretend they have equal claim.
    This demonstrates how easily dupes buy into these goofy theories, just as they've been doing for thousands of years.

    Those who claim man made global warming is not a serious issue are "deniers", which demonstrates just how deeply the dupes have fed into this silliness..There is no longer any room for debate, even from accredited climatologists, because they want so fervently to believe.

    But I wouldn't expect those who can't even balance a budget or control a border to miraculously control nature, so even if the Gorists are right we're doomed anyway.
    Last edited by Grant; 08-28-11 at 06:24 PM.

  8. #398
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This demonstrates how easily dupes buy into these goofy theories, just as they've been doing for thousands of years.

    Those who claim man made global warming is not a serious issue are "deniers", which demonstrates just how deeply the dupes have fed into this silliness..There is no longer any room for debate, even from accredited climatologists, because they want so fervently to believe.

    But I wouldn't expect those who can't even balance a budget or control a border to miraculously control nature, so even if the Gorists are right we're doomed anyway.
    I know. Things like the earth revolves around the sun is just goofy. And that whole gravity thing, Whoa, who'd buy that.

    No, you can find anyone to say anything. But, when you make decisions you have to go with the best science, the consensus. You just don't leap to the minority view, or treat it as equal because it supports what you want to be true. You follow the science and change only when the science changes. This is about science and nothing else. Those who see it as political are largely being fooled. Today the science says man made GW is real. Until something new comes along, until the science suggest something else as a larger problem, the prudent person pays attention and acts accordingly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #399
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I know. Things like the earth revolves around the sun is just goofy. And that whole gravity thing, Whoa, who'd buy that.
    If you're looking for goofy theories Al Gore certainly has at least one for you.
    No, you can find anyone to say anything. But, when you make decisions you have to go with the best science, the consensus.
    Science is not established through a vote. If that was the case you could have once made the arguemnt that the sun did revolve around the earth because the science of the day claimed this was the case.

    But money is disappearing into these claims whole the science is, at best, uncertain and unclear.
    You just don't leap to the minority view, or treat it as equal because it supports what you want to be true.
    Again, science is not decided by a minority or majority. It is decided by science, evidence, and so on. Not by a show of hands.

    You follow the science and change only when the science changes. This is about science and nothing else. Those who see it as political are largely being fooled. Today the science says man made GW is real. Until something new comes along, until the science suggest something else as a larger problem, the prudent person pays attention and acts accordingly.
    The science is not yet clear and hundreds and thousands of foolish and unsubstantiated claims are being made without any evidence to support them. Again, you can believe whatever nonsense you choose, but not when public funds get involved into this silliness. Science must be exact and the evidence beyond dispute

  10. #400
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Because it is based on a straw man on your own wildly biased views.

    And I don't own a prius, and know more about evolution than 99 % of the population.
    How do you know that?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •