Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 519

Thread: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

  1. #11
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    No liberals don't believe in evolution?
    Oh sure, they put on an act like they believe in evolution. They know jack squat about evolution. The just like to pretend that they're pro-science and more enlightened than those crude and simple religious folk. Claiming to believe in evolution is a cultural signaler, kind of like driving a Prius - liberals believe is tells others something important about them. It enhances their reputation. It's just a tool used in the game of reputational conspicuous consumption. Cheap to buy in because all you have to do is mouth the platitudes and you never have to apply your belief in real life, politics, or public policy - it's simply pulled out of the reputation grab-bag when it's time to do battle against the religious mouth-breathers and then it's used to elevate the liberal as the enlightened one and browbeat the religious as though they were superstitious cavemen sitting in a cave afraid of the real world.

    Ask the liberal if he believes that evolution has been working on human intelligence and varies by race. Then, all of a sudden, evolution is evil and an appeal to mysticism is launched in that it is stated that evolution isn't operable in humans from the neck up. That's the equivalent of being a little bit pregnant.

    The liberals and the religious are both creationists, the simply differ in which mystical source they appeal to.

  2. #12
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Evolution is one of the two foundation laws of biology. Every life science, meaning everything from zoology, medicine, genetics, botany, and so on, is based on evolution. Much of the food you buy, cancer drugs, antibiotics..... much of what we take for granted in our every day lives, and the vast majority of medical advances of the last century that have improved life for all of humanity.... all have a foundational basis in evolution. Denying evolution is like denying the laws of physics, it is a refusal to accept reality.

    So far we have one candidate in the entire GOP field that has taken the rational position of accepting the physical world for what it is.
    Thanks for that tutorial, but considering that I work in one of the fields that you listed in your comment, I'm going to stand pat with my position.

  3. #13
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Ask the liberal if he believes that evolution has been working on human intelligence and varies by race. Then, all of a sudden, evolution is evil and an appeal to mysticism is launched in that it is stated that evolution isn't operable in humans from the neck up. That's the equivalent of being a little bit pregnant.

    The liberals and the religious are both creationists, the simply differ in which mystical source they appeal to.
    Maybe that is because in most cases, it is either an inbred klansman or some skinhead neo-nazi that is making that claim.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  4. #14
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Oh sure, they put on an act like they believe in evolution. They know jack squat about evolution. The just like to pretend that they're pro-science and more enlightened than those crude and simple religious folk. Claiming to believe in evolution is a cultural signaler, kind of like driving a Prius - liberals believe is tells others something important about them. It enhances their reputation. It's just a tool used in the game of reputational conspicuous consumption. Cheap to buy in because all you have to do is mouth the platitudes and you never have to apply your belief in real life, politics, or public policy - it's simply pulled out of the reputation grab-bag when it's time to do battle against the religious mouth-breathers and then it's used to elevate the liberal as the enlightened one and browbeat the religious as though they were superstitious cavemen sitting in a cave afraid of the real world.

    Ask the liberal if he believes that evolution has been working on human intelligence and varies by race. Then, all of a sudden, evolution is evil and an appeal to mysticism is launched in that it is stated that evolution isn't operable in humans from the neck up. That's the equivalent of being a little bit pregnant.

    The liberals and the religious are both creationists, the simply differ in which mystical source they appeal to.
    That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #15
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Maybe that is because in most cases, it is either an inbred klansman or some skinhead neo-nazi that is making that claim.
    Here's the problem - a stopped clock gives the correct time twice a day. President Obama occasionally stumbles into a wise policy position. President Bush occasionally stumbled into a wise policy position. Hitler was a vocal advocate of vegetarianism, so does that mean that vegetarianism is a flawed position to hold and to advocate?

    The validity of reality is not dependent on who is making the claim that is based on reality.

  6. #16
    Sage
    RiverDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-14 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,039

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.
    WHY is that one of the dumbest things that you've ever read?

  7. #17
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    WHY is that one of the dumbest things that you've ever read?
    Because it is based on a straw man on your own wildly biased views.

    And I don't own a prius, and know more about evolution than 99 % of the population.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #18
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    [/SIZE]

    Read more: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy' - Darren Samuelsohn - POLITICO.com


    I have already contributed to his campaign once, and this makes me want to send the guy another check. However, since reason and sanity are not virtues Republican Primary Voters want in a candidate this year, I don't think this will help him out any.
    So, a lightning bolt struck a pool of chemicals and it came to life and turned into an amoeba and eventually into you?

  9. #19
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Just another waste of a thread for a liberal to attack religion, nothing more nothing less.

    Tell what does a person belief in evolution have to do with solving the crisis we are in? Is it going to reduce poverty? Create jobs ? Reduce our debt? Opps maybe I should have said evolve jobs.
    What a person believes about something that has little if any bearing in any way upon the troubles we are facing has no relevancy other then for liberals who can't face up to this administration's failed policies to find something to divert away from them an attack conservatives.

    As for the global warming issue, it's not about who believes in global warming, everyone I know does, the difference is what is causing it. I happen to believe it a natural warming tread, and nothing more. I believe this for two reasons, first I don't believe that we can ever defeat mother nature, and two is because I've always been taught to follow the money. Global warming scientists are getting 100's of million of dollars per year to come to the conclusion that it's man made. The vast majority of their money coming from people and companies that are heavily invested in the selling of carbon emission. Not sure about anyone else, but I happen to think that results would favor those who are writing your paycheck.

  10. #20
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Huntsman on evolution, warming: 'Call me crazy'

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverDad View Post
    Oh sure, they put on an act like they believe in evolution. They know jack squat about evolution. The just like to pretend that they're pro-science and more enlightened than those crude and simple religious folk. Claiming to believe in evolution is a cultural signaler, kind of like driving a Prius - liberals believe is tells others something important about them. It enhances their reputation. It's just a tool used in the game of reputational conspicuous consumption. Cheap to buy in because all you have to do is mouth the platitudes and you never have to apply your belief in real life, politics, or public policy - it's simply pulled out of the reputation grab-bag when it's time to do battle against the religious mouth-breathers and then it's used to elevate the liberal as the enlightened one and browbeat the religious as though they were superstitious cavemen sitting in a cave afraid of the real world.

    Ask the liberal if he believes that evolution has been working on human intelligence and varies by race. Then, all of a sudden, evolution is evil and an appeal to mysticism is launched in that it is stated that evolution isn't operable in humans from the neck up. That's the equivalent of being a little bit pregnant.

    The liberals and the religious are both creationists, the simply differ in which mystical source they appeal to.
    Awesome -- once again RD is a mind reader and manages to impart racist overtones into virtually any topic.

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •