Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 86

Thread: Wells Fargo To Charge You 3 Bucks To Spend Your Own Money

  1. #71
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Wells Fargo To Charge You 3 Bucks To Spend Your Own Money

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, profits are evil...everything should be free.

    J-mac
    Facts are evil....we should only use straw men arguments
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #72
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Wells Fargo To Charge You 3 Bucks To Spend Your Own Money

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Facts are evil....we should only use straw men arguments
    Oh I see, only libs can get away with reading into talking point crap....Tell me then so that it isn't a 'strawman' argument....Do you think that profits are an evil? We already have one lib that said they are....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #73
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Wells Fargo To Charge You 3 Bucks To Spend Your Own Money

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh I see, only libs can get away with reading into talking point crap....Tell me then so that it isn't a 'strawman' argument....Do you think that profits are an evil? We already have one lib that said they are....

    j-mac
    Let me know when you want to discuss an argument that anyone actually made. Until then, maybe you can answer my question: Are facts evil?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #74
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wells Fargo To Charge You 3 Bucks To Spend Your Own Money

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh I see, only libs can get away with reading into talking point crap....Tell me then so that it isn't a 'strawman' argument....Do you think that profits are an evil? We already have one lib that said they are....


    j-mac
    Exploiting people for personal gain is, at the very least, "not good." Perhaps most people could be reasonable enough to admit that. Probably not.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  5. #75
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    Re: Wells Fargo To Charge You 3 Bucks To Spend Your Own Money

    Funny, I just walked into my bank (Banner Bank, WA) Friday to cash a check. They suggested a new checking account for me where they will give me a 5 cent rebate for every debit transaction. Checking is free, no debit charges.

    Someone's fooling someone here.

  6. #76
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Wells Fargo To Charge You 3 Bucks To Spend Your Own Money

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Exploiting people for personal gain is, at the very least, "not good." Perhaps most people could be reasonable enough to admit that. Probably not.
    Exploiting people? Do you think that gainful employment is exploitation?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #77
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Wells Fargo To Charge You 3 Bucks To Spend Your Own Money

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Let me know when you want to discuss an argument that anyone actually made. Until then, maybe you can answer my question: Are facts evil?
    So you refuse to answer my question, but want me to answer yours?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #78
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Wells Fargo To Charge You 3 Bucks To Spend Your Own Money

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    This is what rightwing nuttery results in
    Results in stupid posts like yours.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #79
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Wells Fargo To Charge You 3 Bucks To Spend Your Own Money

    Wells Fargo, the nation’s biggest consumer bank, said profit rose 29 percent in the second quarter from the period a year earlier as loan losses eased significantly.

    The bank reported record second-quarter earnings of $3.9 billion, or 70 cents a share, beating the 69-cents-a-share consensus estimate of analysts. That compared with a profit of $3.1 billion, or 55 cents a share, in the period a year earlier.
    Wells Fargo also received 25 Billion dollars of your tax money for bailout.

    It's sweet to be Wells Fargo. Didn't take them long to cover their losses due to predatory home loans. Have the rest of you citizens (human and corporate) here recouped the money you've lost in retirement? How about the devaluation on your home? Has that popped back to where it was several years ago to the seen a 29% increase in value? No, I didn't think so.

    You all must understand that it's been really hard for Wells Fargo and they really need to rape their customers as much as they can because profit is never evil.

    I'd like to recommend that everyone who supports Wells Fargo's shameless price gouging for profit please switch your banking to Wells Fargo to show your support to them personally. Also you might want to ask them to charge you $5 bucks for debit card use simply because you like profit so much.
    Last edited by Risky Thicket; 08-23-11 at 04:13 PM.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  10. #80
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Wells Fargo To Charge You 3 Bucks To Spend Your Own Money

    Now if I was a liberal, I would say the only fair way is to charge a fee based on how much money you have in the bank.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •