Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 137 of 137

Thread: All Detroit Schoolkids To Get Free Meals

  1. #131
    ¡Selah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: All Detroit Schoolkids To Get Free Meals

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    This is very ambitious and costly I'm sure.

    This must be a rich school districe in a City that is dirt poor and falling into what looks like a City that was bombed.

    Note the gleaming City beyond the slum. This is what they want people to see, not the third world ghetto that is the real Detroit. So where are they getting the tax money for such a program. Don't get me wrong, I do not appose this program. I just wonder where they are getting the funds.
    Attachment 67114983
    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Not all of those living in poverty in Detroit live in cardboard boxes. A little hyperbolic and dishonest to imply such.
    His point still stands, and I doubt he was implying that all of the poor live that way. The fact that so many can live in those conditions in this country is rather alarming. There is more to come.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: All Detroit Schoolkids To Get Free Meals

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And this children, is a perfect example of a non-sequitur. There is absolutely no reason for kids to expect anything forever once they grow up to be adults. However, blind Libertarianism says they will without a gram of evidence to back up such an assertion.
    You are the second to do this and I had to correct them also.

    Once you pay for the lunches for the kids of those who can certainly afford it themselves,

    The kids of those who can certainly afford it. Do you understand? "The kids of those that can certainly afford it". That's the parents. The quote was saying that once you pay these bills for parents who can afford it themeselves, they will always expect it.

    But yes, it will likely apply to the kids also. "My parents didn't have to pay for my lunches, why should I"? We see the outrage when we even suggest any government program get cut.

  3. #133
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: All Detroit Schoolkids To Get Free Meals

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    You are the second to do this and I had to correct them also.

    Once you pay for the lunches for the kids of those who can certainly afford it themselves,

    The kids of those who can certainly afford it. Do you understand? "The kids of those that can certainly afford it". That's the parents. The quote was saying that once you pay these bills for parents who can afford it themeselves, they will always expect it.

    But yes, it will likely apply to the kids also. "My parents didn't have to pay for my lunches, why should I"? We see the outrage when we even suggest any government program get cut.
    More unsubstantiated BS. You once suggested that people debate honestly. It is dishonest to post claims without substantiating them.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #134
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: All Detroit Schoolkids To Get Free Meals

    I dunno, a sandwich, apple, juice, and maybe a twinkie cost what? $3 a day? Whatever happened to brown bagging it? Liberalism is very, very bad for America!


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: All Detroit Schoolkids To Get Free Meals

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Note the gleaming City beyond the slum. This is what they want people to see, not the third world ghetto that is the real Detroit. So where are they getting the tax money for such a program. Don't get me wrong, I do not appose this program. I just wonder where they are getting the funds.
    Attachment 67114983
    Haha, I have seen people use that picture for Paris. It's not Paris and it's not Detroit. People would freeze to death during winter, and the picture is clearly from a hotter climate.

  6. #136
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: All Detroit Schoolkids To Get Free Meals

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    Haha, I have seen people use that picture for Paris. It's not Paris and it's not Detroit. People would freeze to death during winter, and the picture is clearly from a hotter climate.
    If rightwingers didn't make stuff up, they'd have nothing to say
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: All Detroit Schoolkids To Get Free Meals

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    If rightwingers didn't make stuff up, they'd have nothing to say
    Please don't use this to promote your agenda. Both sides make stuff up.

    The one who said this was Paris was an European left-winger. Just saying!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •