Page 97 of 189 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #961
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It is only one source used, but bias is never the issue j. Accuracy is. And it is accurate, supported by multiple sources. If you want bias, read the American Non-Thinker or the Weekly Standard.
    Both of which are opinion outlets...Are you admitting that SF Chronicle is really nothing more than a liberal opinion rag?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #962
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Both of which are opinion outlets...Are you admitting that SF Chronicle is really nothing more than a liberal opinion rag?

    j-mac
    Nope. I gave four sources today, two from Texas. Ealrier, I gave two or three others, none repeated. One sign that something is accurate is if it is in multiple sources. But it is import for bias whiners t know that bias isn't the trouble, Inaccuracy is. What makes the American non-Thinker a rag is that it is inaccurate, not to mention maddenly silly. goerge Will is baised, but logical and reasonable, and also acccurate. The WSJ is baised, but accurate. CATO is baised, but accurate. It is accuracy that matters.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #963
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope. I gave four sources today, two from Texas. Ealrier, I gave two or three others, none repeated. One sign that something is accurate is if it is in multiple sources. But it is import for bias whiners t know that bias isn't the trouble, Inaccuracy is. What makes the American non-Thinker a rag is that it is inaccurate, not to mention maddenly silly. goerge Will is baised, but logical and reasonable, and also acccurate. The WSJ is baised, but accurate. CATO is baised, but accurate. It is accuracy that matters.
    So, if a lie is repeated in paper after paper without background sourcing to back up its claims, then according to you that is all that matters? That determines its accuracy? That Joe, I would contend is highly flawed, and how ultra partisans get their talking points...You have been duped by liberal media friend.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #964
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    And j, we can just keepp going down the page of a search:

    Texas has the highest rate of uninsured workers in the country at 27.4 percent, according to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and State Health Access Data Assistance Center at the University of Minnesota.

    The Perry era has meant a jump in working poor. Almost 10 percent of the employed make the minimum wage, compared with 6 percent nationwide, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

    With a poverty rate of 17 percent, Texas is among the 10 poorest states in the United States, according to 2010 Census data. Although the $4 billion in spending cuts in education helped balance the budget, the state already leads America in dropouts. And the divide between the rich and poor is the fourth widest in the country.

    Page 2: Rick Perry's Texas: Dissecting Governor's Touted Jobs 'Machine' - ABC News

    Others will step forward, no doubt, attributing Texas' results to Perry's tough stand on budget cuts and taxes. Because Perry wouldn't raise new revenue or raid the rainy-day fund, school districts face $4 billion in cuts over the next two years.

    That stands in contrast with what happened in the 1980s, when Texas opted to invest in education in a major way. It reformed how teachers were evaluated and paid, and raised the bar at schools throughout the state. The university systems recruited scholars and invested in buildings and programs, and reputations rose nationwide.

    (snip)

    Despite the tax increases, Texas has remained a beacon to business. It ranks No. 13 for business climate, according to the Tax Foundation in Washington. And the per capita tax hit is almost a quarter less than the U.S. average.

    Still, there are cheaper places to operate. Eleven states have a smaller per capita tax burden, but that doesn't necessarily mean faster job growth.

    "The notion that Texas' recent performance is due to some unusually favorable business climate is absurd," said James K. Galbraith, a professor at the University of Texas at Austin.

    First, Texas is an energy state, so it benefits from the run-up in oil prices, he said. Then Texas dodged much of the subprime housing bust, so it never lost as many jobs.

    Story of Texas job growth not that simple | Mitchell Schnurman | Dallas Business, Texas ...

    Also, the picture wasn't entirely rosy. Many of Texas' new jobs are low-paying. The state shares the nation's highest proportion of minimum-wage workers. And not everyone there is employed. The unemployment rate, at 8.2 percent last month, was higher than more than two dozen other states.

    Perry's Texas has jobs, also good luck

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #965
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, if a lie is repeated in paper after paper without background sourcing to back up its claims, then according to you that is all that matters? That determines its accuracy? That Joe, I would contend is highly flawed, and how ultra partisans get their talking points...You have been duped by liberal media friend.

    j-mac
    J, what makes it a lie? That you don't like it? I'm sorry, but the facts are the facts no matter how much you like it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #966
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And j, we can just keepp going down the page of a search:

    Texas has the highest rate of uninsured workers in the country at 27.4 percent, according to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and State Health Access Data Assistance Center at the University of Minnesota.

    The Perry era has meant a jump in working poor. Almost 10 percent of the employed make the minimum wage, compared with 6 percent nationwide, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

    With a poverty rate of 17 percent, Texas is among the 10 poorest states in the United States, according to 2010 Census data. Although the $4 billion in spending cuts in education helped balance the budget, the state already leads America in dropouts. And the divide between the rich and poor is the fourth widest in the country.

    Page 2: Rick Perry's Texas: Dissecting Governor's Touted Jobs 'Machine' - ABC News

    Others will step forward, no doubt, attributing Texas' results to Perry's tough stand on budget cuts and taxes. Because Perry wouldn't raise new revenue or raid the rainy-day fund, school districts face $4 billion in cuts over the next two years.

    That stands in contrast with what happened in the 1980s, when Texas opted to invest in education in a major way. It reformed how teachers were evaluated and paid, and raised the bar at schools throughout the state. The university systems recruited scholars and invested in buildings and programs, and reputations rose nationwide.

    (snip)

    Despite the tax increases, Texas has remained a beacon to business. It ranks No. 13 for business climate, according to the Tax Foundation in Washington. And the per capita tax hit is almost a quarter less than the U.S. average.

    Still, there are cheaper places to operate. Eleven states have a smaller per capita tax burden, but that doesn't necessarily mean faster job growth.

    "The notion that Texas' recent performance is due to some unusually favorable business climate is absurd," said James K. Galbraith, a professor at the University of Texas at Austin.

    First, Texas is an energy state, so it benefits from the run-up in oil prices, he said. Then Texas dodged much of the subprime housing bust, so it never lost as many jobs.

    Story of Texas job growth not that simple | Mitchell Schnurman | Dallas Business, Texas ...

    Also, the picture wasn't entirely rosy. Many of Texas' new jobs are low-paying. The state shares the nation's highest proportion of minimum-wage workers. And not everyone there is employed. The unemployment rate, at 8.2 percent last month, was higher than more than two dozen other states.

    Perry's Texas has jobs, also good luck
    Yep, the narrative is being formed...Have fun being duped.

    J, what makes it a lie? That you don't like it? I'm sorry, but the facts are the facts no matter how much you like it.
    Never said I had to like it, or not....Those are your words, not mine.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #967
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Is there only one source there? You're just showing you really don't know your own state. Admit it, you were wrong.
    You want the last word on any subject so continue to make a fool out of yourself. TX balanced the budget for the next two years and did so without raising taxes. TX continues to grow its labor force and has a net job gain. Fortune 500 Companies are moving to TX. Case closed

  8. #968
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You want the last word on any subject so continue to make a fool out of yourself. TX balanced the budget for the next two years and did so without raising taxes. TX continues to grow its labor force and has a net job gain. Fortune 500 Companies are moving to TX. Case closed
    Feel free to link that, but as I understand it, they attempted to address by gutting education. Now that's something to be proud of.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #969
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Feel free to link that, but as I understand it, they attempted to address by gutting education. Now that's something to be proud of.
    Gutting education to a liberal is not spending more money and having unions play a major role. I will take the education my kids got in this education system and the ones my grandkids are getting over anything you ever had. It isn't about the amount of money it is about the quality and personal involvement by the parents. No amount of money can substitute for parental involvement. You choose where you live and you pay property taxes that fund education. There never is enough money spent according to a liberal.

  10. #970
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Gutting education to a liberal is not spending more money and having unions play a major role. I will take the education my kids got in this education system and the ones my grandkids are getting over anything you ever had. It isn't about the amount of money it is about the quality and personal involvement by the parents. No amount of money can substitute for parental involvement. You choose where you live and you pay property taxes that fund education. There never is enough money spent according to a liberal.
    The article above says cutting $4 billion. It does not say not spending more money or a thing about unions. So:

    Squirrel!!!!

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •