Page 94 of 189 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #931
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, I am game, please post where this was addressed before....

    j-mac
    Just posted another link for you. Note the difference between new jobs and all jobs. Note the high number living in poverty, and the education and health care stats, all of which has been posted before.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #932
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope. It has been shown that many of the NEW jobs are low paying and goign to immigrants.


    While there's no doubt that job growth in Texas far outpaces the rate in California, federal employment statistics show that many of the jobs created are low-wage positions, and 17 percent of Texans are living in poverty, according to the census.


    Perry rails against the new federal health care law, promising to "repeal Obamacare" if elected. But 26 percent of Texans don't have health insurance - the highest rate in the nation, according to the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation. The income gap between wealthy and middle-class families is the fifth-widest in the nation, according to the Legislative Study Group.

    The social byproducts of the Texas miracle, where Perry has shaved billions from education funding and social services to balance the state budget, are not pretty, according to the Legislative Study Group. The SAT scores of Texas students rank 45th nationally, and the state is dead last in the number of residents over 25 who have a high school diploma.

    (snip)


    It is accurate that 4.8 percent of all jobs in Texas are below the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour. But last year, Texas tied with Mississippi for having the highest percentage of minimum-wage jobs in the nation, according to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.

    Read more: Rick Perry's jobs record - miracle or illusion?


    California outperformed Texas on measures of per capita income growth and poverty, according to the study. The Texas budget deficit is nearly the size of California's.
    UCLA study challenges Gov. Rick Perry

  3. #933
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Boo Radley;1059747597]Nope. It has been shown that many of the NEW jobs are low paying and goign to immigrants.
    No it hasn't, it is pure speculation. What has been shown is that 550,000 low paying jobs is 5% of the labor force, insignificant and if you drilled down you would find most of them are held by 16-24 year olds non bread winners.


    While there's no doubt that job growth in Texas far outpaces the rate in California, federal employment statistics show that many of the jobs created are low-wage positions, and 17 percent of Texans are living in poverty, according to the census.
    Again, there is no evidence of that but I guess if you say it often enough you soon believe it. You think it is the government's role to force people to go to work, not drop out of school or in other words take on personal responsibility for individuals?


    Perry rails against the new federal health care law, promising to "repeal Obamacare" if elected. But 26 percent of Texans don't have health insurance - the highest rate in the nation, according to the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation. The income gap between wealthy and middle-class families is the fifth-widest in the nation, according to the Legislative Study Group.
    Again, the poor get healthcare through Medicaid and have access to other programs. Many rich people don't have health insurance because they can afford the cost of any treatments. Something that doesn't fit into your agenda

    The social byproducts of the Texas miracle, where Perry has shaved billions from education funding and social services to balance the state budget, are not pretty, according to the Legislative Study Group. The SAT scores of Texas students rank 45th nationally, and the state is dead last in the number of residents over 25 who have a high school diploma.
    So what we need in TX is more union management to better our education system? Amazing how in your world throwing money at the problem is always the answer and when money is thrown it is never enough.


    It is accurate that 4.8 percent of all jobs in Texas are below the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour. But last year, Texas tied with Mississippi for having the highest percentage of minimum-wage jobs in the nation, according to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.
    No, it isn't accurate, those under the minimum wage are nomally subject to tips(restaurante workers) and other kinds of compensation bringing them well above minimum wage but tips aren't included

  4. #934
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    California outperformed Texas on measures of per capita income growth and poverty, according to the study. The Texas budget deficit is nearly the size of California's.
    UCLA study challenges Gov. Rick Perry
    Don't worry. Conservative will just throw up his numbers again, and ignore this. The squirrel tactic has been midly effective, if you don't think about it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #935
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Don't worry. Conservative will just throw up his numbers again, and ignore this. The squirrel tactic has been midly effective, if you don't think about it.
    Sad thing is I live here in Texas I'm a native and I think Texas can and should do better by these metrics.

  6. #936
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Don't worry. Conservative will just throw up his numbers again, and ignore this. The squirrel tactic has been midly effective, if you don't think about it.
    What I will point out is that California has over a million more unemployed and a huge budget deficit that they expect the taxpayers of the national to pay for. California has its own minimum wage higher than the national rate and the cost of living is quite a bit higher than TX

  7. #937
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What I will point out is that California has over a million more unemployed and a huge budget deficit that they expect the taxpayers of the national to pay for. California has its own minimum wage higher than the national rate and the cost of living is quite a bit higher than TX
    And they have a higher per capita income less poverty and attract massive amounts of venture capital.

    Venture capital tends to go towards the industries of the future.

  8. #938
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No it hasn't, it is pure speculation. What has been shown is that 550,000 low paying jobs is 5% of the labor force, insignificant and if you drilled down you would find most of them are held by 16-24 year olds non bread winners.
    Yes it has. You just ignore it.


    Again, there is no evidence of that but I guess if you say it often enough you soon believe it. You think it is the government's role to force people to go to work, not drop out of school or in other words take on personal responsibility for individuals?
    Again, linked from more than one source. Sorry, your denial is meaningless.


    Again, the poor get healthcare through Medicaid and have access to other programs. Many rich people don't have health insurance because they can afford the cost of any treatments. Something that doesn't fit into your agenda
    Again, your system ranks low. You can't write that off and pretend it doesn't.

    So what we need in TX is more union management to better our education system? Amazing how in your world throwing money at the problem is always the answer and when money is thrown it is never enough.
    You have a poor educational system. That's a fact. And you're not investing in your young and their education. You rank lower than some. I linked the exact position earlier.


    No, it isn't accurate, those under the minimum wage are nomally subject to tips(restaurante workers) and other kinds of compensation bringing them well above minimum wage but tips aren't included
    You're trying to make excuses instead of dealing with the factual numbers. All states have those who recieve tips. There is nothing special about Texas that wouldn't be included in all states. Sorry, you're just trying to excuse the facts. It doesn't wash.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #939
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What I will point out is that California has over a million more unemployed and a huge budget deficit that they expect the taxpayers of the national to pay for. California has its own minimum wage higher than the national rate and the cost of living is quite a bit higher than TX
    From the link above:

    The Texas budget deficit is nearly the size of California's.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #940
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes it has. You just ignore it.




    Again, linked from more than one source. Sorry, your denial is meaningless.




    Again, your system ranks low. You can't write that off and pretend it doesn't.



    You have a poor educational system. That's a fact. And you're not investing in your young and their education. You rank lower than some. I linked the exact position earlier.




    You're trying to make excuses instead of dealing with the factual numbers. All states have those who recieve tips. There is nothing special about Texas that wouldn't be included in all states. Sorry, you're just trying to excuse the facts. It doesn't wash.
    All pure speculation and opinion on your part. Guess we need more union membership in the education field in TX? Did you see the Nov. 2010 election results? Factual numbers? LOL, you mean like these

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch! 40% JAR and well over 50% disapproval ratings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •