Page 89 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #881
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,023

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    *If* this, if that...*if* doesn't cut it.

    The bottom line - Any (thats right..any) Rep candidate will have an easy time showing why Obama's tax, spending, and regulatory policies are responsible for the sluggishness we find ourselves in right now. Perry just needs to make the most forceful argument in this regard and everything will fall in its place

    Obama has truly ****ed things up royally and it won't be hard for any "R" candidate to point out how. And another thing... *blame Bush* bull**** won't work this time around
    I'm blaming everyone in the government for the last several decades, if not longer, plus businesses that felt that they could convince people to buy stuff they shouldn't have been buying at lower rates for the state of our economy. It is not the sole fault of any one President or any other one person. It is a huge combination effort.

    In fact, some of the fault even lies with the American people. We can't understand that we need to actually hold politicians responsible for their actions and stop allowing elections to be a choice between "a douche and a turd".
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #882
    Professor
    finebead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 12:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    When does this economy become Obama's in your world.
    How long does it take to recover from a huge housing bubble that the repubs allowed to build up? You tell me.
    How long does it take to recover from the destruction of our banking system, which required a $700 billion TARP that was passed only by Dems in congress then signed by Bush while congressional repubs just played politics? You tell me.

    This is NOT a normal recession.

    Heck Bush took over a shallow and short recession in 2001 and he got his tax cuts in 2001, and got more tax cuts in 2003, and he still had a "jobless recovery" going in 2004, and that was a small one. The tax cuts never worked, which is why repub Greenspan still had rates at 1% fully 3 years after the shallow short recession of 01 ended. That was an enabler of the housing bubble which would not have blown up so big if Greenspan had pursued responsible monetary policy, instead of playing politics and trying to get Bush re-elected.

    Why do I consider the past? The repubs have a track record of huge failure in managing the US economy and they show me no additional knowledge gained from the experience.

    Obama has not done anything near as stupid as the repubs did last time at bat. I'll vote Obama again, probably. I heard Huntsman this morning, and he may have a light on. We'll see. The rest of the announced repub field does not have a clue. Bachmann and $2 gasoline, GIVE ME A BREAK! Rick Perry, yea, run the fool and see how bad he loses.


    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    Please explain to me why their are fewer people employed today than when Obama took office, more people unemployed today than when Obama took office. Why the GDP growth in 2011 is lower than it was in 2010 and why the cost of 4 trillion added to the debt created those numbers? Businesses aren't hiring and that is because Busineses cannot print money, there has to be demand for products and Obama scares the hell out of businesses and the consumer. The results are there for all to see, when you will look at the results and stop buying the rhetoric?
    The nature of the economy has changed over the last 30 years. Robots and computers have reduced the need for much manual labor and some skilled jobs, due to productivity improvements. China and India entered the world economy 30 years ago (it was Reagan who opened trade relations with China), and they have 1/3 of the worlds population. We have an excess of labor in the world, and business is exploiting it and shipping jobs to India (call centers and IT, reading XRAYs, stock analysis, etc.), and manufacturing to China. That's not Bush nor Obama's fault, and it is infinitely harder to deal with than a normal 4 year business cycle recession we encountered in the decades following WWII. The solutions that worked in the past are not working, because the problem is different. Until we correctly diagnose the problem, solving it will not happen.

    For anyone to earn my wholehearted support, that is what has to happen. Short of that, we are just voting for the guy who will screw up the least, and in recent history, that's the Dems. Not great, but not as bad as the repubs.
    Last edited by finebead; 08-22-11 at 12:52 AM.

  3. #883
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    *If* this, if that...*if* doesn't cut it.

    The bottom line - Any (thats right..any) Rep candidate will have an easy time showing why Obama's tax, spending, and regulatory policies are responsible for the sluggishness we find ourselves in right now. Perry just needs to make the most forceful argument in this regard and everything will fall in its place

    Obama has truly ****ed things up royally and it won't be hard for any "R" candidate to point out how. And another thing... *blame Bush* bull**** won't work this time around
    Well now this is an interesting perspective ... first you blame Obama's tax policy (among others) for the sluggish economy we're dragging ourselves through ... then you say we cann't "blame Bush" this time around ...

    ... only problem with that (well, not only) ... is that Obama has kept us under the same tax policies Bush put in place back in 2003.

  4. #884
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Well now this is an interesting perspective ... first you blame Obama's tax policy (among others) for the sluggish economy we're dragging ourselves through ... then you say we cann't "blame Bush" this time around ...

    ... only problem with that (well, not only) ... is that Obama has kept us under the same tax policies Bush put in place back in 2003.
    And not only that, but Obama has retained Bush's Fed Chairman, who, people seem to forget, is a REPUBLICAN. In fact there are no liberals on the Fed board. The members range from moderate conservative to conservative.

    This will start to get interesting if and/or when the Republican candidates ever get around to saying what they would actually do to improve the situation instead of just criticizing what Obama has done.

  5. #885
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    After spending 35 years in the business world I can honestly state that you don' tknow what you are talking about. How many Fortune 500 companies do you know that pay minimume wage and offer no benefits to their employees? The problem is not the large companies, the problem will always be the small companies that create most of the jobs and forcing up their costs puts them out of business and that is where the job losses come from.
    You won't mind if I doubt you.

    However, the problem is with both. Cheap labor means working for less, much less, and this is in part why illegal immingrants are allowed to come here, they work cheap. And as noted, immigrant labor is a significant part of Texas jobs.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #886
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You won't mind if I doubt you.

    However, the problem is with both. Cheap labor means working for less, much less, and this is in part why illegal immingrants are allowed to come here, they work cheap. And as noted, immigrant labor is a significant part of Texas jobs.
    Fact, the labor force in TX is growing, Fact, the population of TX is growing, Fact, businesses are moving to TX many of them Fortune 500 Companies. Fact, liberals don't like facts so rather than accept the facts, try to duplicate what is working, liberals demonize. What do you think is going to happen to high tax states around the country if liberals get their way and raise corporate taxes and personal income taxes on the rich? Think the state tax revenue is going to be the same? Do you ever think beyond the moment?

  7. #887
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Fact, the labor force in TX is growing, Fact, the population of TX is growing, Fact, businesses are moving to TX many of them Fortune 500 Companies. Fact, liberals don't like facts so rather than accept the facts, try to duplicate what is working, liberals demonize. What do you think is going to happen to high tax states around the country if liberals get their way and raise corporate taxes and personal income taxes on the rich? Think the state tax revenue is going to be the same? Do you ever think beyond the moment?
    And according to you, Rick Perry has nothing to do with it.

  8. #888
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by finebead View Post
    How long does it take to recover from a huge housing bubble that the repubs allowed to build up? You tell me.
    How long does it take to recover from the destruction of our banking system, which required a $700 billion TARP that was passed only by Dems in congress then signed by Bush while congressional repubs just played politics? You tell me.

    This is NOT a normal recession.

    Heck Bush took over a shallow and short recession in 2001 and he got his tax cuts in 2001, and got more tax cuts in 2003, and he still had a "jobless recovery" going in 2004, and that was a small one. The tax cuts never worked, which is why repub Greenspan still had rates at 1% fully 3 years after the shallow short recession of 01 ended. That was an enabler of the housing bubble which would not have blown up so big if Greenspan had pursued responsible monetary policy, instead of playing politics and trying to get Bush re-elected.

    Why do I consider the past? The repubs have a track record of huge failure in managing the US economy and they show me no additional knowledge gained from the experience.

    Obama has not done anything near as stupid as the repubs did last time at bat. I'll vote Obama again, probably. I heard Huntsman this morning, and he may have a light on. We'll see. The rest of the announced repub field does not have a clue. Bachmann and $2 gasoline, GIVE ME A BREAK! Rick Perry, yea, run the fool and see how bad he loses.




    The nature of the economy has changed over the last 30 years. Robots and computers have reduced the need for much manual labor and some skilled jobs, due to productivity improvements. China and India entered the world economy 30 years ago (it was Reagan who opened trade relations with China), and they have 1/3 of the worlds population. We have an excess of labor in the world, and business is exploiting it and shipping jobs to India (call centers and IT, reading XRAYs, stock analysis, etc.), and manufacturing to China. That's not Bush nor Obama's fault, and it is infinitely harder to deal with than a normal 4 year business cycle recession we encountered in the decades following WWII. The solutions that worked in the past are not working, because the problem is different. Until we correctly diagnose the problem, solving it will not happen.

    For anyone to earn my wholehearted support, that is what has to happen. Short of that, we are just voting for the guy who will screw up the least, and in recent history, that's the Dems. Not great, but not as bad as the repubs.
    When you have a blank check, total control of the Congress in overwhelming numbers it shouldn't take that long. Instead of stimulating the economy, Obama spent a trillion dollars bailing out union contracts and "saving" state jobs in union states.

    You want to blame Bush for the housing bubble yet ignore it was Clinton that signed the repeal of Glass-Steagall. You seem to want to ignore what Democrats wanted including Frank and Dodd, along with ACORN, Franklin Raines, Jaimie Gorelick when it came to housing. Instead you want to blame Bush and Republicans instead of sharing the blame with Democrats. It really is amazing what a short selective memory some have and how the crisis is only the responsibility of Bush.

    I find it interesting that you continue to buy the media spin on the economy which came out of recession in June 2009, 5 months after Obama took office. Amazing how liberals call this the worst recession since the Great Depression forgetting, conveniently, that 1981-82 interest rates were 17.5+%, misery index was over 20, inflation was out of control, and unemployment reached 10.8%. There was a net job loss the first two years of that recession and yet Reagan ended up having a net job gain of 17 million jobs, doubling of GDP, doubling of govt. revenue, all because of the right stimulus, tax cuts to the American taxpayer.

    So the question is who is responsible for growing the private sector economy, the govt. or the people? Answer is pretty simple, Obama isn't the lesser of the two, he is the worst of the two and his economic policy shows it. Rick Perry will be a better alternative than Obama. Never in modern history have we had as bad of economic results two years after the end of a recession like we have now with Obama. This is 2 1/2 years after taking office so how can anyone look at the results and claim Obama is the lesser of two evils? Only those not paying attention and buying the media spin can do that and you appear to be in that group.

    I would suggest stop reading the media and get some facts, BEA.gov, BLS.gov, and the U.S. Treasury Dept. provide actual data and that is why I continue to post the Obama results for that is where the data comes form. How can anyone deny actual data? Liberals do it by diverting and then resorting to the politics of personal destruction.

  9. #889
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    You want to blame Bush for the housing bubble yet ignore it was Clinton that signed the repeal of Glass-Steagall.
    You mean the Gramm-Leach-Bliley bill?

    Do you know why it was called the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act? Do you know which party Gramm, Leach, and Bliley were members of? That you avoided referencing the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act by name leads me to believe you do.

  10. #890
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You mean the Gramm-Leach-Bliley bill?

    Do you know why it was called the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act? Do you know which party Gramm, Leach, and Bliley were members of? That you avoided referencing the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act by name leads me to believe you do.
    Wonder who signed that bill?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •