Page 81 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #801
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You don't think Texas hitting its highest unemployment rate in 25 years under Perry is going to hurt him? ANd trending upwards, no less.
    Nope, TX isn't insulated from the national economy that Obama has destroyed and TX rate continues to be lower than the national rate and actual private sector growth is good in TX unlike the national level where private sector jobs are actual showing a net loss since January 2009.

  2. #802
    Professor
    finebead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Nope, TX isn't insulated from the national economy that Obama has destroyed and TX rate continues to be lower than the national rate and actual private sector growth is good in TX unlike the national level where private sector jobs are actual showing a net loss since January 2009.
    The economy was destroyed by the repubs over 2001 - 2006, the housing bubble was allowed to blow up, the six biggest banks (the investment banks) were allowed to triple their leverage which directly led to their failure, the mortgage companies were not regulated, and fannie and freddie were not regulated.

    The housing bubble popped in 2007, the recession started in Dec. 2007 (ECRI), the banking system failed in 2008, the stock market crashed in 2008, so the economy was already WRECKED by the repubs in 2009 when Obama took office. Obama has halted the contraction of GDP he inherited from Bush, unemployment bottomed and has begun to improve. It is improving slower than anybody wants. However, there is nothing to indicate that Obama has destroyed the economy as you stated.

  3. #803
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    I like how you ignored your own post and how you ignore that the TX rate is under the national rate and how TX is creating Jobs having a net job gain since 2009 and Obama has a net job loss nationally.
    Meanwhile, their unemployment rate is at a 25 year high and up 31% since Obama became president.

  4. #804
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You don't think Texas hitting its highest unemployment rate in 25 years under Perry is going to hurt him? ANd trending upwards, no less.
    Like most states it's weathering a recession, non the less it still growing, except the public sector and construction which is where you get your figures is it not. The private sector on the other hand is still growing and the public sector will get little or no concern from your average voter, nation wide.

  5. #805
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    LOL, good move, but regardless most liberals will still ignore it. I bookmarked it so now have that for future reference when people like Sheik, Winston, Pb start talking about TX again.
    How come you don't bookmark the 2011 results?

  6. #806
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Still waiting for you to explain to sheik how TX 8.4% unemployment helps the Obama national numbers which were 9.1%? Do liberals ever challenge another liberal?
    You still don't understand that contributing a 31% increase to the national unemployment rate which increased 17% only serves to increase the unemployment rate from when Obama became president??

    Dayam!


  7. #807
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by finebead View Post
    The economy was destroyed by the repubs over 2001 - 2006, the housing bubble was allowed to blow up, the six biggest banks (the investment banks) were allowed to triple their leverage which directly led to their failure, the mortgage companies were not regulated, and fannie and freddie were not regulated.

    The housing bubble popped in 2007, the recession started in Dec. 2007 (ECRI), the banking system failed in 2008, the stock market crashed in 2008, so the economy was already WRECKED by the repubs in 2009 when Obama took office. Obama has halted the contraction of GDP he inherited from Bush, unemployment bottomed and has begun to improve. It is improving slower than anybody wants. However, there is nothing to indicate that Obama has destroyed the economy as you stated.
    Aw, bull****, you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Where was your outrage over the dot.com bubble bursting and the recession that Bush inherited. Facts always get in the way of liberals who continue to bet indoctrinated by a leftwing media.

    Nothing to indicate Obama has destroyed the economy? Obama is incompetent, no leadership skills, and no management experience. Looking like a double dip.

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch! 40% JAR and well over 50% disapproval ratings.

  8. #808
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You still don't understand that contributing a 31% increase to the national unemployment rate which increased 17% only serves to increase the unemployment rate from when Obama became president??

    Dayam!

    Still don't get it, do you, the labor force increased in TX and decreased nationally as people keep flocking to TX. If the labor force increases what will that do to the unemployment rate? Explain to us all how 8.4% unemployment is worse than 9.1%? TX has a net job gain and Obama has a net job loss. Thanks to TX it isn't as bad as it could have been.

  9. #809
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    How come you don't bookmark the 2011 results?
    Here it is and 2011 isn't even over yet and being second is far better than being even in say third place or better yet sixth. Now you can talk figures and most voters eyes will glaze over and click, onto the next channel. Now to speak of where the jobs are and who is hiring and the voter pays attention and currently Virginia and Texas are on top.
    News Headlines

  10. #810
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Obama is a ideolog and one can not run a country being a ideolog, you can fight a revolution being a ideolog but one can't run a country, it will never happen and it never has with any success.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •