Page 8 of 189 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #71
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Comparing Rick Perry and Fred Thompson doesn't really work.
    For ****'s sake! Why is everything assumed to be a exact comparison!? I was just pointing out that a candidate's support right when they enter the race is often meaningless.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  2. #72
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    For ****'s sake! Why is everything assumed to be a exact comparison!? I was just pointing out that a candidate's support right when they enter the race is often meaningless.
    Oh, I remember Thompson's entry into fray. All the hoopla, the riding in on the white horse, the announcement on Jay Leno.

    It may not be exact, but it is similar.

    And his poll number in the similar time frame...June 2007 Thompson 28%


    .....and if I remember correctly John McCain was at the back of the pack.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  3. #73
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,294

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Rick Perry is merely being boosted by that new candidate smell. Does anyone remember how big Fred Thompson jumping into the race was in 2007? Then people started to actually hear him talk.
    Once they open their piehole they dive like a triple bowl ringing turd.

  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Oh, I remember Thompson's entry into fray. All the hoopla, the riding in on the white horse, the announcement on Jay Leno.

    It may not be exact, but it is similar.
    Yeah I remember Thompson. He quickly fell asleep.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    LOL! How long did the world listen to you people insist, DEMAND, that the nation understand that Bush could be faulted for the economy? We heard it and heard it during the Bush years.
    Bush isn't in office but amazing what an impact Bush with a Democrat Congress had on people here. How did Bush hurt you or your family and be specific? Most here obviously have never taken a civics class to understand the role of Congress. If you did you would understand the affect Congress had on the economy from 2007-2008. all this is however is diversion from the terrible Obama results. It will be the Obama results on the ballot in 12 not Bush

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch! 39% JAR and well over 50% disapproval ratings.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    [QUOTE=SlackMaster;1059735126]Why would you even ask me that?

    If I told you that if the situation were reversed I'd have the same opinion, would you believe me? Of course not.

    We've explained the reason for the 2011 results. You just don't like the answer. Republican fiscal policy is what's been enacted or kept in place, that makes this economy the results of those fiscal policies.

    Do Republicans ever take responsibilities for their policies?[/QUOTE

    Obama had 2 1/2 years in office, had total control of Congress and a blank check for two of those years and yet this is Bush's fault? That is totally false but nice diversion. Obama has a 39% approval rating so tell me again how many people today blame Bush nor should they.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Of course I have acknolwedged the Senate majority many times. As I said then, having a 60 seat super majority is only beneficial if you can muster 100% of the 60 seats for every measure you favor, which isn't realistic -- at least on the Democratic side, where there is a wide range of philosophies, from far left to moderate conservative. Come to think of it, in recent days the Republican House leader had a hell of a hard time even mustering the support of a majority of his own members -- let alone 100% of them.
    What kind of control did Bush have over the Congress in 2007-2008, you know the years you keep posting about Bush destroying the economy? Interesting how your tune changes daily but one thing that doesn't change is your inability to defend the Obama record. When does this economy and results become Obama's?

  8. #78
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What kind of control did Bush have over the Congress in 2007-2008, you know the years you keep posting about Bush destroying the economy? Interesting how your tune changes daily but one thing that doesn't change is your inability to defend the Obama record. When does this economy and results become Obama's?
    Isn't that about the time he finally started out pulling his veto pen?

  9. #79
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    I love it how you partisans settle for the lowest political common denominator. You assume that anyone who doesn't like the dumbasses, **** ups, clowns, dirt bags, religious fanatics and fascists who represent the GOP stable of candidates is a Democrat or a liberal. In making that assumption you then compare everyone to Obama. You wrongfully assume that everyone who doesn't like piss poor candidates that the GOP is stumbling over is happy with Obama; will defend Obama; will vote for Obama. You are wrong. How about we don't like any of them? How about instead of defending unworthy people we insist something better?

    Perry isn't going to win a presidential election and for a lot of reasons. He also sleeps with religious dominionists. You may think dominionists are just peachy, but the vast majority of Americans view them as religious fanatics. We don't want them in government. Period.

    I for one would like Obama to be primaried, but that's not going to happen because the Democrats don't have enough balls to forward a real candidate.

    And so here we are with pure crap from the GOP, a non-leader in the White House and Democrats without balls to proffer a worthy alternative to Obama. It's been dumbed down to unacceptable, but you accept it! A lot of us don't.

    Tell you what Conservative if someone ****s in your left hand and someone ****s in your right hand are you going to want to argue over which **** you like better? That's what you are doing. That is what the political system is doing to America. And you are arguing over the merits of the **** in your right hand as if it is somehow better than the **** in your left hand! I find that absolutely amazing. But the system is winning as long as sheeple accept **** to the point that they begin liking one handful of **** better than the other handful. How about more and more of us don't want anyone ****ting in our hands? Can you comprehend that? Just because many of us think Perry is a charlatan, and Palin and Bachman are seriously intellectually limited doesn't mean we think Obama is great. Not everyone is going to defend the other handful of ****.
    A little bit of logic and common sense along with an understanding of basic math will help you understand politics. There are two major political parties with a chance of running this country, Democrats and Republicans. The numbers show they make up over 70% of the electorate meaning that one of those two parties is going to govern. It is better to work from the inside instead of being on the outside and whining all the time about the results claiming you never voted for either. That doesn't make a lot of sense but it does make you a malcontent.

  10. #80
    Advisor SlackMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    02-02-12 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    598

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama had 2 1/2 years in office, had total control of Congress and a blank check for two of those years and yet this is Bush's fault?
    This argument has already been address. Why do you keep repeating it as if nobody has responded?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is totally false but nice diversion.
    Holy crap. I didn't know you had objective evidence like that. Had I only known...

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama has a 39% approval rating so tell me again how many people today blame Bush nor should they.
    Approval ratings are not a measure of blame. They're a measure of approval. It is possible to think that Bush left us a mess and that the Republicans are screwing us over and still disapprove of Obama. A lot of people on the Left are disapproving of him for letting the Right get away with what they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    Unicorns are the legitimate scientific study of biology.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    By the way unicorns to science are not mythology. They can be studied by biology because they are an animal.

Page 8 of 189 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •