Page 78 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #771
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Seriously? It doesn't matter that that unemployment rose more under Perry than it has under Obama??


    What matters is unemployment in TX is lower than the national average and TX employment and unemployment numbers helped the national numbers. You simply cannot admit that you are wrong

  2. #772
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you think Obama has done anything positive for this country? Stop buying the rhetoric and get the facts. Jobs created in TX aren't all low wage jobs. Fortune 500 Companies don't pay low wages and benefits. Sounds to me like your leanings are skewed left not right. This country wasn't built on the vision of Barack Obama but was more in line with Perry, limited and not a nanny state. States' rights were established and not a large Central govt.

    Don't know if Perry will be the candidate but if he is he beats the alternative but not the distorted view being presented by those with an agenda. Get the facts and don't just buy the rhetoric.
    What I want is a realistic government where we don't end up with 50 little states that are run by tyranny of the majority. I am in the military and a military dependent. I know what it feels like to move around and it would suck a whole lot to have to live by all those different sets of laws just because the Constitutional protections of the US Constitution no longer applied to the states. This is what it seems a lot of Republicans want.

    I would like to see people held responsible for their own actions, and given a hand up, not just a hand out. But I also understand that large companies can be just as bad as a large government. A completely capitalistic economy, with no limits on any commerce, will lead to us being ruled by those companies. That is no better than being ruled by a huge central government or a small tyrannical state government. I want the power to actually reside with the people, not the state, nor the federal governments, nor huge corporations.

    I understand that our economy cannot be fixed by throwing money at it, nor by trickle-down economics. We can't keep spending the amount of money we do, nor can we ignore the fact that we need taxes to pay for things to ensure our country and countrymen don't go down the drain. We also must find ways to ensure everyone is treated as fairly as possible, taking into account as many facts for any issue as possible. The economy is not going to improve overnight and it is going to take a lot of sacrifices and compromises from both sides.

    I am in the middle of the political spectrum, especially on the economy. Social issues I usually fall to either side on, sometimes siding with Republicans, sometimes siding with Democrats, sometimes having my own opinion outside both. But I still understand the need for compromise and at least understanding each side.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #773
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    First off, I never said Texas was one of the worst states to live in, though I, and others have certainly pointed out some of Texas' shortcomings. That aside, you can't give Perry credit for the increase in employment while at the same time, make excuses for him for the rise in the unemployment rate as they go hand in hand.

    As far as why people are migrating to Texas, I have no idea. Why are people flocking to Utah? Why are people flocking to Wyoming, Colorado, and Arizona? Those are the states with the highest immigration and there is no single answer why.
    Well there is one common denominator, most states you mentioned are conservative states meaning less regulation and lower taxes. I'll give no head a state ie; Governor of Texas or any other state's Governor credit for any thing accomplished in the private sector. What i will give Perry credit for is staying out of the way of the private sector and allowing the market to do what it does best, making money and hiring the citizens of Texas. Although on the other hand state Governors can take the credit for stepping on the necks of free markets and stifling growth and job creation, and as far as I can tell Perry is not a participant in this scenario.

  4. #774
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    What I want is a realistic government where we don't end up with 50 little states that are run by tyranny of the majority. I am in the military and a military dependent. I know what it feels like to move around and it would suck a whole lot to have to live by all those different sets of laws just because the Constitutional protections of the US Constitution no longer applied to the states. This is what it seems a lot of Republicans want.

    I would like to see people held responsible for their own actions, and given a hand up, not just a hand out. But I also understand that large companies can be just as bad as a large government. A completely capitalistic economy, with no limits on any commerce, will lead to us being ruled by those companies. That is no better than being ruled by a huge central government or a small tyrannical state government. I want the power to actually reside with the people, not the state, nor the federal governments, nor huge corporations.

    I understand that our economy cannot be fixed by throwing money at it, nor by trickle-down economics. We can't keep spending the amount of money we do, nor can we ignore the fact that we need taxes to pay for things to ensure our country and countrymen don't go down the drain. We also must find ways to ensure everyone is treated as fairly as possible, taking into account as many facts for any issue as possible. The economy is not going to improve overnight and it is going to take a lot of sacrifices and compromises from both sides.

    I am in the middle of the political spectrum, especially on the economy. Social issues I usually fall to either side on, sometimes siding with Republicans, sometimes siding with Democrats, sometimes having my own opinion outside both. But I still understand the need for compromise and at least understanding each side.
    That is why we have a Constitution and great people like you defending it. The Constitution was established giving states certain rights and promoting a small central govt. Barack Obama has done his best to create a large central govt. and thus the nanny state. Therein lies the problem. Obama has thrown money at the problem and generated the results I have posted. You keeping more of your money isn't an expense to the govt which Obama seems to claim every time he says that tax cuts have to be paid for. Tax cuts aren't an expense to the govt. unless that person works for the govt. If you grow govt. and spend more you have to pay for it not by taking money away from the taxpayers.

  5. #775
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is why we have a Constitution and great people like you defending it. The Constitution was established giving states certain rights and promoting a small central govt. Barack Obama has done his best to create a large central govt. and thus the nanny state. Therein lies the problem. Obama has thrown money at the problem and generated the results I have posted. You keeping more of your money isn't an expense to the govt which Obama seems to claim every time he says that tax cuts have to be paid for. Tax cuts aren't an expense to the govt. unless that person works for the govt. If you grow govt. and spend more you have to pay for it not by taking money away from the taxpayers.
    There is no other way to pay for government than some form of taxes. I have no problem paying taxes to ensure that we can pay for those things that provide for the good of society as a whole. I think we need to evaluate what exactly we are paying for, what we actually need, and what needs to change to even these out. If that means higher taxes somewhere, then so be it.

    And this isn't just from Obama. This is how our government has been being run for decades now. It is very dishonest to blame this on Obama. He is responsible for his share of the problems only, but you keep attributing much more to him than what is actually due to him, at least it isn't just due to him alone.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #776
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You keeping more of your money isn't an expense to the govt which Obama seems to claim every time he says that tax cuts have to be paid for.
    Tax cuts do have to be paid for with spending cuts. If you don't cut how much is going out when less is coming in, you get deficits.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #777
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Results matter to me, when will they matter to you?
    Stop lying. Results do not matter to you. If results mattered to you, you would have voted for Clinton in 1996 and you would not have voted for Bush in 2004. Whether you accept it or not is irrelevant, but it's been pretty well established that since Reagan, the only "R" word that matters to you is "R"epublican.

  8. #778
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    There is no other way to pay for government than some form of taxes. I have no problem paying taxes to ensure that we can pay for those things that provide for the good of society as a whole. I think we need to evaluate what exactly we are paying for, what we actually need, and what needs to change to even these out. If that means higher taxes somewhere, then so be it.

    And this isn't just from Obama. This is how our government has been being run for decades now. It is very dishonest to blame this on Obama. He is responsible for his share of the problems only, but you keep attributing much more to him than what is actually due to him, at least it isn't just due to him alone.
    What the shame of it all is that about 40 cents more or less to the tax dollar actually hits the governmental programs after all the interested parties had their hands on it.

  9. #779
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Stop trying to judge everyone else on your perceptions and values.
    This post would destroy an irony meter if I had one.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #780
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    There is no other way to pay for government than some form of taxes. I have no problem paying taxes to ensure that we can pay for those things that provide for the good of society as a whole. I think we need to evaluate what exactly we are paying for, what we actually need, and what needs to change to even these out. If that means higher taxes somewhere, then so be it.

    And this isn't just from Obama. This is how our government has been being run for decades now. It is very dishonest to blame this on Obama. He is responsible for his share of the problems only, but you keep attributing much more to him than what is actually due to him, at least it isn't just due to him alone.
    The current budget of the United States is 3.7 trillion dollars and that is outrageous. It is the role of the states and local communities to promote domestic welfare and to implement programs for the poor, not the Federal Bureaucracy. What does a politician in D.C. know about a social problem in San Diego. Why is that role delegated and paid for by the Federal Taxpayers? That is the problem and the nanny state being promoted by Obama. I don't blame Obama for we are getting exactly what his resume showed. I didn't vote for him and won't in 2012. He didn't deserve a first term let alone a second one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •