Page 72 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #711
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Simply posting statistics without the full story behind it isn't right. I'll add just one more piece to the puzzle, when a country state or country has a large influx of people moving in, it will no doubt affect the unemployment rate will it not? I am sure there are many more medicating circumstances as well.
    Map: Where Americans Are Moving - Forbes.com
    Welcome to the world of Sheik where percentage change out of context matters a lot more than the data behind those percentages. Cult followers that support Obama have no concept of actual facts or are concerned about his actual results for his rhetoric always trumps real world results.

  2. #712
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Since the TX unemployment rate is lower and the Labor Force is higher, Obama should be happy with the TX record for without it the U.S. Economy and his unemployment numbers would be in much worse shape.

    As for the state deficit, only in the liberal world apparently are Federal Mandates supposed to be funded by state taxpayers from state funds
    Sadly for you, you will probably die before learning the implication of percentages.

    Like in this case, how does the national unemployment rate, which is up 17%, benefit from Texas, which is up 31%?

  3. #713
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    The bull**** is all yours. What you proved was that until REagan, you were a Democrat who voted for which ever candidate put a "D" after their name and when you switched when Reagan was running, you have since voted for whomever puts an "R" after their name.

    That just goes to prove that results don't matter to you ... all that matters is that they put an "R" after their name. (prior to 30+ years ago, it was a "D"). Either way, you don't even bother to llok at results.

    You're like a cheapskate out to eat who reads the menu from right to left.
    As I pointed out but as usual this is a different thread so you saying the same thing over and over again somehow becomes reality. I am a Conservative and no conservative would ever vote for Carter over Reagan, Mondale, Bill Clinton,, Al Gore, John Kerry, or Barack Obama. I am looking at the Obama results just like I looked at his resume when I didn't vote for him the first time

    Why would anyone vote for this

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch! 40% JAR and well over 50% disapproval ratings.

  4. #714
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Sadly for you, you will probably die before learning the implication of percentages.

    Like in this case, how does the national unemployment rate, which is up 17%, benefit from Texas, which is up 31%?
    The national percentage rate is taking the total unemployed and divide it by the labor force. I would have thought somone of your superior intelligence would have understood that but I was wrong. Texas labor force is added to the total as are the unemployed. TX numbers make Obama's look better

  5. #715
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post

    Simply posting statistics without the full story behind it isn't right. I'll add just one more piece to the puzzle, when a country state or country has a large influx of people moving in, it will no doubt affect the unemployment rate will it not? I am sure there are many more medicating circumstances as well.
    Map: Where Americans Are Moving - Forbes.com
    What does the population size have to do with the unemployment rate, which is calculated by the number of unemployed by the size of the workforce.

    And for the U.S. since Obama became president, the unemployment rate is up 1.3 percentage points, or 17%; over that same period, it's up in Texas 2 full percentage points, or 31%.

    Furthermore, all being relative, at 9.1% unemployment, the unemployment rate is 1 percentage point lower than it's high over the last quarter century; whereas Texas is at it's high over the last quarter century.

    Isn't Perry to blame for having the highest unemployment rate in the state since Bill Clements?

  6. #716
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Con,

    Your Gov. said that if Ben Bernanke printed more money between now and election it would be treason. Do you agree with him??


  7. #717
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Welcome to the world of Sheik where percentage change out of context matters a lot more than the data behind those percentages. Cult followers that support Obama have no concept of actual facts or are concerned about his actual results for his rhetoric always trumps real world results.
    As usual, you have it bass-ackwards ... posting percentages includes far more context than just raw unemployment numbers alone as doing so factors in the size of the labor force. It's the whole reason we refer to the unemployment rate to begin with.
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 08-21-11 at 06:22 PM.

  8. #718
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Con,

    Your Gov. said that if Ben Bernanke printed more money between now and election it would be treason. Do you agree with him??
    Yep, printing more money leads to inflation which destroys the middle class. Perry was right, cut the spending and stop destroying the economy by printing money to pay for that spending

  9. #719
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    As I pointed out but as usual this is a different thread so you saying the same thing over and over again somehow becomes reality. I am a Conservative and no conservative would ever vote for Carter over Reagan, Mondale, Bill Clinton,, Al Gore, John Kerry, or Barack Obama.
    And you're denying you vote for the candidate with an "R" after their name ... because ... ?

  10. #720
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    As usual, you have it bass-ackwards ... posting percentages includes far more context than just raw unemployment numbers alone as doing so factors in the size of the labor force. It's the who reason we refer to the unemployment rate to begin with.
    Don't worry, Sheik, one of these days you will understand that percentage change is based upon the base and the higher the base the lower the percentage change thus total numbers matter. Stick to your technical base because logic and common sense escape you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •