Page 70 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #691
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,946

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Are you advising Obama????? lol

    Every single poll out there shows Obama has lost independents, by 2 to 1. Obama won them by 2 to 1 in '08 and needs to do it again in order to win again. Ain't going to happen

    You actually fail to understand the diversity of thought that "mods" or inds have - they are all over the place. And Obama has lost 2/3 of them already. And he has lost them over his ****ed up economic performance. Poll after poll after poll has shown this.
    No, you fail to see that those polls that show Obama's ratings as down are not comparing him to anyone, especially not Perry. If you compare Obama to Perry, Obama is probably going to fair better among Independents because he is not likely to attack social issues and freedoms such as same sex marriage and abortion, unlike Perry.

    RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Perry vs. Obama
    RealClearPolitics - Perry Surges to Second Place in Two National Polls
    Before declaring, Perry in 2nd place among GOP contenders | McClatchy

    A key reason for Perry being the weakest opponent is that he's weakest among independents.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #692
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    MA. does the very same thing except those in which is gives money to, for example Evergreen Solar moves to China and then goes bankrupt.

    RealClearEnergy | Once-Promising Evergreen Solar Goes Bankrupt
    Sure, all states do because of their misguided assumptions that they can buy business to stay. Overall, you can't give business enough to make up for low wages and no benefits to concern themselves with. Still, MA does so without losing on education and health care.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #693
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My response was to randel, suggest you pay attention.
    Didn't he reply with:

    Squirrel!!!! ?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #694
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Sure, all states do because of their misguided assumptions that they can buy business to stay. Overall, you can't give business enough to make up for low wages and no benefits to concern themselves with. Still, MA does so without losing on education and health care.
    After spending 35 years in the business world I can honestly state that you don' tknow what you are talking about. How many Fortune 500 companies do you know that pay minimume wage and offer no benefits to their employees? The problem is not the large companies, the problem will always be the small companies that create most of the jobs and forcing up their costs puts them out of business and that is where the job losses come from.

  5. #695
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,946

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    After spending 35 years in the business world I can honestly state that you don' tknow what you are talking about. How many Fortune 500 companies do you know that pay minimume wage and offer no benefits to their employees? The problem is not the large companies, the problem will always be the small companies that create most of the jobs and forcing up their costs puts them out of business and that is where the job losses come from.
    I think you're wrong. I'm pretty sure WalMart is a Fortune 500 company and they do pay minimum wage and offer very little benefits to their employees.

    Fortune 500 2011: Annual ranking of America's largest corporations from Fortune Magazine

    Don't get me wrong, setting a minimum wage does benefit WalMart and places like them because they know they can easily afford to pay more than minimum wage in many areas, but instead of just raising their own workers' pay to what they can easily afford, they will do things like trying to get minimum wage raised across the board to help eliminate their smaller competitions. Those smaller businesses may be paying minimum wage or just above, but can't really afford to pay much more right away. So if some big company is able to lobby successfully to get minimum wage raised to a slightly higher amount that the company can easily afford but that also hurts their competition or helps to keep other competition from forming, then they do it. A little later down the road, those bigger companies can easily raise their prices just a little to make up for the increase in wages, especially since they have now harmed and possibly eliminated their competition.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #696
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Minimum wage jobs in TX according to BLS total 550,000 out of a 12 million labor force. What does BLS say the percentage of minimum wage jobs are in the country? How much do you think a teen should get for their first time job? Who are you or the govt. to tell private business what to pay its workers?
    You seem to forget that we are a government of the people, so it's the people who tell the states that there needs to be a minimum wage requirement.

  7. #697
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I think you're wrong. I'm pretty sure WalMart is a Fortune 500 company and they do pay minimum wage and offer very little benefits to their employees.

    Fortune 500 2011: Annual ranking of America's largest corporations from Fortune Magazine

    Don't get me wrong, setting a minimum wage does benefit WalMart and places like them because they know they can easily afford to pay more than minimum wage in many areas, but instead of just raising their own workers' pay to what they can easily afford, they will do things like trying to get minimum wage raised across the board to help eliminate their smaller competitions. Those smaller businesses may be paying minimum wage or just above, but can't really afford to pay much more right away. So if some big company is able to lobby successfully to get minimum wage raised to a slightly higher amount that the company can easily afford but that also hurts their competition or helps to keep other competition from forming, then they do it. A little later down the road, those bigger companies can easily raise their prices just a little to make up for the increase in wages, especially since they have now harmed and possibly eliminated their competition.
    There is no question that SOME Wal-Mart's pay minimum wage but not all. They compete in every community and not all allow minimum wage. Competition dictates. I competed against Wal-Mart and always did a survey on their compensation program. It is vastly under estimated and reported.

  8. #698
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    My point remains, TX is growing jobs, growing labor force, and growing population.
    You do know that unemployment in Texas is the highest it's been since Reagan was president, right? Is Perry to blame for that?

  9. #699
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I think you're wrong. I'm pretty sure WalMart is a Fortune 500 company and they do pay minimum wage and offer very little benefits to their employees.

    Fortune 500 2011: Annual ranking of America's largest corporations from Fortune Magazine

    Don't get me wrong, setting a minimum wage does benefit WalMart and places like them because they know they can easily afford to pay more than minimum wage in many areas, but instead of just raising their own workers' pay to what they can easily afford, they will do things like trying to get minimum wage raised across the board to help eliminate their smaller competitions. Those smaller businesses may be paying minimum wage or just above, but can't really afford to pay much more right away. So if some big company is able to lobby successfully to get minimum wage raised to a slightly higher amount that the company can easily afford but that also hurts their competition or helps to keep other competition from forming, then they do it. A little later down the road, those bigger companies can easily raise their prices just a little to make up for the increase in wages, especially since they have now harmed and possibly eliminated their competition.
    Here is some good information for you regarding Wal-Mart


    Walmartstores.com: Texas State Information

    As of June 2011, the average wage for regular, full-time hourly associates in Texas is $12.03 per hour (Walmart Discount Stores, Supercenters, and Neighborhood Markets). Additionally, eligible associates receive an annual incentive based on the company performance

  10. #700
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No, you fail to see that those polls that show Obama's ratings as down are not comparing him to anyone, especially not Perry. If you compare Obama to Perry, Obama is probably going to fair better among Independents because he is not likely to attack social issues and freedoms such as same sex marriage and abortion, unlike Perry.

    You keep missing, the part about the mood of the electorate changing and being against excessive debt and spending. Keynsianism is completely broken and no amount of jiving will put it back together again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •