Page 64 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #631
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Mississippi made the same argument to me once, however, as a non house buyer at the time, and minimum wage folks are ususally not house buyers, I did not find Mississippi cheap enough to make up for the low wage. We cannot dismiss the problems texas has. education, health care and other indicators are simply worse than elsewhere. Not to mention, they created mostly low wage jobs for immigrant workers.
    I can make the same argument about MA. and it failure in education, healthcare, low wage jobs, illegal immigrant taking jobs etc. The difference between Texas and Massachusetts is that Texas isn't raping it citizens with taxes and fees for mediocre services and infrastructure, and the public education here in MA is a complete failure, also the state healthcare is bankrupt. In the real world on the front line here in MA. the average worker state wide is only making about 16.00 per hour, from blue collar to white collar.

  2. #632
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    TX has a balanced budget and did it without raising taxes. It has a part time legislature who lives under the programs they implemented. It has a growing population and a growing labor force. That drives liberals crazy. Amazing how little you know about TX yet how you claim to be an expert.
    Right, Texas balanced it's budget with the help of billions in federal stimulus money and buy cutting services for the poor. And of coursre lots of states have balanced their budgets without raising taxes.

  3. #633
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    It's all relative to where he started.

    And what Obama inherited: economy shedding 700,000+ jobs per month, GDP shrinking at 6+% per year, financial institutions teetering on the edge of collapse, trillion+ deficit.... Nice improvement.
    Yep, tell that the 25 million unemployed or under employed Americans. Is that more or less than when he took office? If he improved employment wouldn't that show up in the labor force?

    Tell that to the fewer people employed today than when he took office. Would his outstanding effort show up in BLS data?

    When you participate in raising the debt 4 trillion dollars in less than 2 years, seems to me that you would have higher expectations than apparently you have.

  4. #634
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Right, Texas balanced it's budget with the help of billions in federal stimulus money and buy cutting services for the poor. And of coursre lots of states have balanced their budgets without raising taxes.
    Uh, yep, here we go again, apparently Texas taxpayers aren't Federal Taxpayers and apparently Texans unlike you seem to believe Federal Mandates should be paid for by the Federal Taxpayers. Medicaid mandates and expansion of unemployment benefits by the Federal Govt. should be paid by whom? Guess once a cult follower always a cult follower

  5. #635
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    I can make the same argument about MA. and it failure in education, healthcare, low wage jobs, illegal immigrant taking jobs etc. The difference between Texas and Massachusetts is that Texas isn't raping it citizens with taxes and fees for mediocre services and infrastructure, and the public education here in MA is a complete failure, also the state healthcare is bankrupt. In the real world on the front line here in MA. the average worker state wide is only making about 16.00 per hour, from blue collar to white collar.
    Since the recession began, MA has shown better job growth than Texas. Between '09 and '10, MA was first in the nation in job growth. Texas ranked 8th. Commonwealth Conversations: Jobs: Massachusetts Ranks First In Job Growth

  6. #636
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Uh, yep, here we go again, apparently Texas taxpayers aren't Federal Taxpayers and apparently Texans unlike you seem to believe Federal Mandates should be paid for by the Federal Taxpayers. Medicaid mandates and expansion of unemployment benefits by the Federal Govt. should be paid by whom? Guess once a cult follower always a cult follower
    That's rather beside the point. Texas balanced it's budget in large part by using federal stimulus money.

  7. #637
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not exactly sure who you are talking about because there a lot of people who could meet your definition although I will tell you this, regardless of who the Republicans nominate, any would be better than the incompetent we have in the WH right now.
    I am talking about Gov. Perry.

    Rick Perry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/21/us...nate.html?_r=1

    Over three terms in office, Mr. Perry’s administration has doled out grants, tax breaks, contracts and appointments to hundreds of his most generous supporters and their businesses. And they have helped Mr. Perry raise more money than any politician in Texas history, donations that have periodically raised eyebrows but, thanks to loose campaign finance laws and a business-friendly political culture dominated in recent years by Republicans, have only fueled Mr. Perry’s ascent.
    Rick Perry Doubled Texas’ Debt, Then Balanced Budget Through Accounting Gimmicks | ThinkProgress

    Rick Perry's 'incomprehensible' gay marriage 'flip-flop' - The Week

    Rick Perry: Evolution is 'theory' with 'gaps'
    Rick Perry's Stand on the Environment - International Business Times
    Cameron Todd Willingham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #638
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    That's rather beside the point. Texas balanced it's budget in large part by using federal stimulus money.
    That is a lie, TX has a two year budget and you haven't shown that you recognize that. TX had a projected shortfall of 25 billion including the federal mandates. Stimulus money paid for those mandates and didn't amount to a large part as you claim. You make wild claims all the time and then never back them up

  9. #639
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is a lie, TX has a two year budget and you haven't shown that you recognize that. TX had a projected shortfall of 25 billion including the federal mandates. Stimulus money paid for those mandates and didn't amount to a large part as you claim. You make wild claims all the time and then never back them up
    Right, Perry ONLY used $6.1 BILLION in stimulus funds to close his budget gap.

    Texas balanced budget with stimulus money from Washington - Jan. 23, 2011

  10. #640
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    I can make the same argument about MA. and it failure in education, healthcare, low wage jobs, illegal immigrant taking jobs etc. The difference between Texas and Massachusetts is that Texas isn't raping it citizens with taxes and fees for mediocre services and infrastructure, and the public education here in MA is a complete failure, also the state healthcare is bankrupt. In the real world on the front line here in MA. the average worker state wide is only making about 16.00 per hour, from blue collar to white collar.
    Isn't it? I mean, that money Texas gives to business in corporate welfare, where do you think that comes from?

    And MA is not worse than Texas:

    Well Above Average 1 Massachusetts 4.82

    (snip)

    Below Average 31 Texas 2.45

    State Education Rankings: The Best And Worst For Math And Science


    In this ranking, MA is number one and texas 32nd.

    In healthcare:

    Massachusetts 0.906 02

    (snip)

    Texas -0.364 40

    Measure

    MA is second in overall ranking and texas 40th.

    Good comparison.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •