Page 46 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #451
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Just like a liberal, post a chart that they don't understand and ignore the charts that do. Employment in TX has grown. Percentage growth of the labor force is irrelevant comparison. TX is creating net jobs and Obama is losing them nationally. People are going to pay their higher taxes due to Obama and move more jobs to states without an income taxes further eroding the state revenues. Guess that is ok to a liberal who cares only about the liberal agenda.
    Looks to me like Conservatism has failed the people -- just look at how red those southern red states are when it comes to poverty, including Texas, which ranks at #6 with the highest poverty levels...

    Poverty

  2. #452
    Professor
    finebead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Rick Perry And Texas Job Numbers Political Math

    Texas :
    Attachment 67115096

    United States :
    Attachment 67115097



    Wage growth in Texas versus other states:
    Attachment 67115098

    In all its a decent article and deserves some attention.
    Jobs will move to low tax states. However, look at the price of oil since 2001 and you will see a correlation with job growth in TX also. That is due to dollar weakness and supply/demand issues worldwide, and Rick Perry has NOTHING to do with it. Texas was blessed with rich oil deposits onshore and offshore, and the oil industry located here. Even as TX oil reserves are drawn down, the industry will be headquartered here for a LONG TIME. Nothing to do with Perry.

    When doing cause and effect analysis, you have to consider all major factors operating in the space, not just one and conclude that one did it.
    Last edited by finebead; 08-20-11 at 09:24 PM.

  3. #453
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by finebead View Post
    Jobs will move to low tax states. However, look at the price of oil since 2001 and you will see a correlation with job growth in TX also. That is due to dollar weakness and supply/demand issues worldwide, and Rick Perry has NOTHING to do with it. Texas was blessed with rich oil deposits onshore and offshore, and the oil industry located here. Even as TX oil reserves are drawn down, the industry will be headquartered here for a LONG TIME. Nothing to do with Perry.

    When doing cause and effect analysis, you have to consider all major factors operating in the space, not just one and conclude that one did it.
    Any idea what the potential for oil is offshore of California, off the East Coast, from Shale, from Coal? TX has taken advantage of its resources whereas other states haven't so stop blaming TX and give it credit that is due. A lot of jealousy showing here about the economy of TX and ignorance about their own state.

    There is more to TX than oil but that is the only thing liberals seem to know. I have mentioned the medical facilities, NASA is here, Austin is the home of Technology,Dallas has technology and insurance so don't let the facts get in the way of your biases.

  4. #454
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Any idea what the potential for oil is offshore of California, off the East Coast, from Shale, from Coal? TX has taken advantage of its resources whereas other states haven't so stop blaming TX and give it credit that is due. A lot of jealousy showing here about the economy of TX and ignorance about their own state.

    There is more to TX than oil but that is the only thing liberals seem to know. I have mentioned the medical facilities, NASA is here, Austin is the home of Technology,Dallas has technology and insurance so don't let the facts get in the way of your biases.
    The CEO of TI was recently complaining about the state of education in Texas.

  5. #455
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    The CEO of TI was recently complaining about the state of education in Texas.
    Amazing, isn't it that Fortune 500 Companies are moving to TX and bringing their employees with them. All States have problem areas in the education field so it depends on where you live. I will put my area up against any other state in the nation and have found outstanding education districts all over the state. People control the education system and if people get involved the district is successful. Money doesn't make a good or bad school district, people do. Something to think about.

  6. #456
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Amazing, isn't it that Fortune 500 Companies are moving to TX and bringing their employees with them. All States have problem areas in the education field so it depends on where you live. I will put my area up against any other state in the nation and have found outstanding education districts all over the state. People control the education system and if people get involved the district is successful. Money doesn't make a good or bad school district, people do. Something to think about.
    Why don't you check out what kind of companies are moving here. Also you might want to take note of where venture capital is flowing.

    Money doesn't make a good or bad school district, people do. Something to think about
    Great so Texas is made up of illiterate people

  7. #457
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Why don't you check out what kind of companies are moving here. Also you might want to take note of where venture capital is flowing.



    Great so Texas is made up of illiterate people
    You really don't like this state much, do you? Ever think of leaving?

    Fortune 500 2011: States: Texas Companies - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com

  8. #458
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really don't like this state much, do you? Ever think of leaving?

    Fortune 500 2011: States: Texas Companies - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com
    Were you trying to make a point or something?

  9. #459
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Were you trying to make a point or something?
    You asked what kind of companies moved to TX and I gave you a list. Think all those companies started here? Suggest you study the list and then change your tune about the state or move out. You just don't realize what you have here and maybe some time living some place else will help change your mind.

  10. #460
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You asked what kind of companies moved to TX and I gave you a list. Think all those companies started here? Suggest you study the list and then change your tune about the state or move out. You just don't realize what you have here and maybe some time living some place else will help change your mind.

    All you did was list F500 Companies here, so what was your point?
    Last edited by winston53660; 08-20-11 at 11:43 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •