Page 43 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #421
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How about now, a question for you, Adam, and any other liberal on this thread, would you rather live in a state governed by someone like Rick Perry who believes in personal responsibility and your ability to choose what is in your best interest or a state governed by Barack Obama who believes it is the government's role to decide what is in your best interest? In TX we have the freedom to choose whereas in the Obama world the govt. knows what is best and can better provide personal responsibility services to you.

    WOW!!! look at the wording of this question.(would you rather live in a state governed by someone like Rick Perry who believes in personal responsibility and your ability to choose what is in your best interest or a state governed by Barack Obama who believes it is the government's role to decide what is in your best interest?)

    Been taking lessons from Fox and Rasmussen on loading questions have ya?

    It depends if i had children and wanted them to have a decent public school education or not($billions in cuts to education funding).

    If i were willing to work for minimum wage(highest percentage of minimum-wage workers in the nation )Texas would be the state to be in.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  2. #422
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post

    If i were willing to work for minimum wage(highest percentage of minimum-wage workers in the nation )Texas would be the state to be in.
    Of course these min wage workers have the resources to just pack up and move to a higher wage state at a moments notice.

    /sarcasm

  3. #423
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So you support people getting a free ride?



    Okay taxes are a fact of life. Should we just dump all taxes?



    Isn't taking personal responsibility insuring you, your family have safe drinking water? I'd rather not have industry leaking hazardous chemicals into the environment.
    Nope, there are quite a few people who can afford their own healthcare without being forced into it. people are responsible for their own bills. for the poor there are over 40 programs in this state for them but they are called uninsured.

    Taxes are low in TX. How do you explain the massive growth in TX population and TX being a state responsible for most job creation in the country. It certainly isn't because of the record 100 degree days. You don't need high taxes except in the entitlement states which TX is not one

    Quite a strawman regarding safe drinking water. Do you think the Federal Govt. is responsible for your drinking water and that we need a 3.7 trillion dollar budget to assure safe drinking water? You think TX doesn't have safe drinking water because of low taxes?

  4. #424
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Suggest you do some research and then put that chart into context. Thanks

  5. #425
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Of course these min wage workers have the resources to just pack up and move to a higher wage state at a moments notice.

    /sarcasm

    Who makes up the minimum wage workforce in TX or do you care? I prefer someone with a job on their resume vs. sitting on their asses collecting over 2 years of unemployment. Shows initiative and drive. Job history was an important factor for me in hiring people.

  6. #426
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:11 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,727

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Who makes up the minimum wage workforce in TX or do you care? I prefer someone with a job on their resume vs. sitting on their asses collecting over 2 years of unemployment. Shows initiative and drive. Job history was an important factor for me in hiring people.
    I have little doubt that you greatly prefer all the minimum wage positions that your state can offer. Thank you for confirming that.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #427
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    WOW!!! look at the wording of this question.(would you rather live in a state governed by someone like Rick Perry who believes in personal responsibility and your ability to choose what is in your best interest or a state governed by Barack Obama who believes it is the government's role to decide what is in your best interest?)

    Been taking lessons from Fox and Rasmussen on loading questions have ya?

    It depends if i had children and wanted them to have a decent public school education or not($billions in cuts to education funding).

    If i were willing to work for minimum wage(highest percentage of minimum-wage workers in the nation )Texas would be the state to be in.
    Guess that is why many Fortune 500 companies are moving to TX to take advantage of the uneducated workforce here because of poor TX schools. Bet Rice, UT, Baylor, TX A&M, Texas Tech, Uof H, SMU, TCU grads would disagree with you. Shows just how much you know about TX. Interesting how you ignored the question and refused to answer it.

    Why don't you find out who is making up the 550,000 minimum wage workers in TX out of a 12 million work force?

  8. #428
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have little doubt that you greatly prefer all the minimum wage positions that your state can offer. Thank you for confirming that.
    Wonder how many the city of Detroit would like right now or the state of Michigan. 550,000 minimum wage workers in TX out of a 12 million labor force. What percentage is that haymarket and who makes up those 550,000? Just another example of something you know nothing about.

  9. #429
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Suggest you do some research and then put that chart into context. Thanks
    You're hoping that I can refute my own argument, because you obviously can't?

    The truth is that, while unemployment has been falling in most states for the last two years, it has been rising in Texas.

  10. #430
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The answer, before Obamacare, was (b), and I think that most Americans would say that's a better choice than (a). But it's hardly ideal.

    This is what Conservative doesn't want to face. It isn't a choice between someone taking personal responsibility or suffering the consequences; it's a choice between someone taking personal responsibility OR THE REST OF US PAY THE CONSEQUENCES.

    And, btw, it is this way because of Reagan's 1986 legislation that prohibited emergency rooms from turning away patients.
    It is a state expense not a Federal Expense to pay ER services if the patient cannot pay. Obama says it is a Federal Expense, that is a lie to appeal to people like you who don't know any better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •