Page 35 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #341
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    If rightwingers didn't make things up, they'd have nothing to say
    Pretty much. If Conservative actually had a salient point to make, he should have made it by now.

  2. #342
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So did you go to BLS.gov and research the site? No, you prefer Paul Krugman or Politifact and not the major source of unemployment data. What is it about liberalism that creates such loyalty? I posted the bls data that you didn't counter. BLS is the source of employment, unemployment, and wage data. It does appear that nothing is going to change your mind except age and experience. I assure you that you will. Facts trump feelings.
    Stop arrogantly assuming that you have the facts just because you say so. Your games are doing nothing to win us over.

  3. #343
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Pretty much. If Conservative actually had a salient point to make, he should have made it by now.
    I made my point by posting bls.data showing that TX has 550,000 minimum wage workers which is the highest in the nation BUT the TX labor force is over 12 million so you figure it out what the percentage is. I wonder why this is an issue as apparently you believe it is the Government's role to tell private business what to pay its workers not realizing that when the govt. sets the wage that serves as the maximum wage some companies have to pay when it could be a lot more.

    As for your unemployment numbers vs. NY. Population growth in TX is huge as people flock to this state. There are over 2.7 million more people in the labor force in TX than in NY and the population explosion is making it tough on job creation although in July 29,000 of the total jobs Obama claims he created were created in TX. The record of job creation continues for TX and now if we can get Obama out of the WH the unemployment rate will improve. any idea how many people are unemployed because of the moritorium in drilling in the Gulf? Of course not, you just want to bitch about something and divert from the terrible record of "your" President

    TX Labor Force July 2011 12.2 million
    NY Labor Force July 2011 9.5 million

    TX Population is now 24.8 million
    NY Population is now 19.5 million

    Just think if the NY Population continues to drop they will have fewer unemployed than TX for a long time.

  4. #344
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Stop arrogantly assuming that you have the facts just because you say so. Your games are doing nothing to win us over.
    Oh, I see, Bureau of Labor Statistics isn't credible data but politifact and Paul Krugman are? Got it, thanks. I have no desire to win you over as it is going to take age and experience to do that and it will happen.

  5. #345
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,784

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I made my point by posting bls.data showing that TX has 550,000 minimum wage workers which is the highest in the nation BUT the TX labor force is over 12 million so you figure it out what the percentage is. I wonder why this is an issue as apparently you believe it is the Government's role to tell private business what to pay its workers not realizing that when the govt. sets the wage that serves as the maximum wage some companies have to pay when it could be a lot more.

    As for your unemployment numbers vs. NY. Population growth in TX is huge as people flock to this state. There are over 2.7 million more people in the labor force in TX than in NY and the population explosion is making it tough on job creation although in July 29,000 of the total jobs Obama claims he created were created in TX. The record of job creation continues for TX and now if we can get Obama out of the WH the unemployment rate will improve. any idea how many people are unemployed because of the moritorium in drilling in the Gulf? Of course not, you just want to bitch about something and divert from the terrible record of "your" President

    TX Labor Force July 2011 12.2 million
    NY Labor Force July 2011 9.5 million

    TX Population is now 24.8 million
    NY Population is now 19.5 million

    Just think if the NY Population continues to drop they will have fewer unemployed than TX for a long time.
    Wait which percentage are we debating now?? Uninsured, unemployed, or minimum wage?

  6. #346
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I made my point by posting bls.data showing that TX has 550,000 minimum wage workers which is the highest in the nation BUT the TX labor force is over 12 million so you figure it out what the percentage is. I wonder why this is an issue as apparently you believe it is the Government's role to tell private business what to pay its workers not realizing that when the govt. sets the wage that serves as the maximum wage some companies have to pay when it could be a lot more.

    As for your unemployment numbers vs. NY. Population growth in TX is huge as people flock to this state. There are over 2.7 million more people in the labor force in TX than in NY and the population explosion is making it tough on job creation although in July 29,000 of the total jobs Obama claims he created were created in TX. The record of job creation continues for TX and now if we can get Obama out of the WH the unemployment rate will improve. any idea how many people are unemployed because of the moritorium in drilling in the Gulf? Of course not, you just want to bitch about something and divert from the terrible record of "your" President

    TX Labor Force July 2011 12.2 million
    NY Labor Force July 2011 9.5 million

    TX Population is now 24.8 million
    NY Population is now 19.5 million

    Just think if the NY Population continues to drop they will have fewer unemployed than TX for a long time.
    Umm NYS population has been increasing.
    http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/11s0012.pdf

    Texas has the highest rate of unplanned pregnancy in the nation. That's why it's population is so high

    If conservative didn't make stuff up, they'd have nothing to say
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #347
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Wait which percentage are we debating now?? Uninsured, unemployed, or minimum wage?
    You raised the issue of unemployment and asked me about the unemployment percentage in TX vs NY. It does appear that you don't even know what you are posting

  8. #348
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You raised the issue of unemployment and asked me about the unemployment percentage in TX vs NY. It does appear that you don't even know what you are posting
    Ummm, you didn't post UE #'s

    If conservative didn't make stuff up, they'd have nothing to say

    NYS has a much higher per capita income than TX
    http://www.census.gov/statab/ranks/rank29.html
    Last edited by sangha; 08-19-11 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #349
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Seems to me that those who are getting rich are at least in part doing so off the backs of poor, uninsured Texans.
    Isn't it just another opinion that “those who are getting rich are doing so on the backs of poor, uninsured Texans”?


    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Keep on dodging the facts, you're really doing a great job showing how well most conservatives can debate!
    As if you are making more sense. lol

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  10. #350
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Umm NYS population has been increasing.
    http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/11s0012.pdf

    Texas has the highest rate of unplanned pregnancy in the nation. That's why it's population is so high

    If conservative didn't make stuff up, they'd have nothing to say
    This is 2011 not 2009


    New York State loses 1.6 million residents to other states with lower taxes and jobs - NYPOST.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •