Page 34 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #331
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You think it is the government's role to force taking personal responsibility? Who forces you to take personal responsibiltiy? That is a typical leftwing response. The way to force people to take personal responsibility is to prosecute those that violate the laws or don't pay for services rendered. Instead we seem to have bleeding heart liberals who don't seem to understand personal responsibility lecturing the rest of us on how govt. needs to take on that role. Seems to make sense to you but not me.
    The legal theory of enforcement doesn't work in this context as it would cost the hospitals more money to prosecute collections than it costs them to simply write it off as a loss.

    Unfortunately what he have now is a bunch of make-believe conservatives who talk the talk about personal responsiblity but who won't walk the walk.

  2. #332
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You think it is the government's role to force taking personal responsibility?
    That is really a none issue. Who gets stuck with the hospital bill?

  3. #333
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The legal theory of enforcement doesn't work in this context as it would cost the hospitals more money to prosecute collections than it costs them to simply write it off as a loss.

    Unfortunately what he have now is a bunch of make-believe conservatives who talk the talk about personal responsiblity but who won't walk the walk.
    You don't seem to understand what personal responsibility actual means. Suggest you look up the definition. It was never the role of the Federal Govt. to force someone else to purchase anything.

  4. #334
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    For those that want to demonize TX for the minimum wage jobs and tie that to Perry, here are the facts

    In the United States, 72.9 million workers were paid at hourly rates in 2010, representing 58.8 percent of all wage and salary workers. Of those paid by the hour, 1.8 million earned exactly the prevailing Federal minimum wage and about 2.5 million additional workers earned wages below the minimum. Together, the nearly 4.4 million workers with wages at or below the Federal minimum made up 6.0 percent of all hourly-paid workers in the nation, up from 4.9 percent in 2009.



    Minimum Wage Workers in Texas - 2010

    Total TX Labor Force by month

    2011 10471.0 10488.9 10524.2 10554.5 10556.6 10590.5

    Minimum Wage employees TX 550,000 or 5% of the work force. Higher percentage of the national total but 5% of the TX work force when the national average is 6%.

    What liberals also want to ignore are the Fortune 500 Companies that have relocated to TX. Anything to demonize a state that is doing better than their own.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,722

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Where is your non partisan source that shows how many Texans in that Kaiser study CHOOSE not to buy healthcare? Does it really matter? why do you think healthcare is a Federal Responsibility since it is the states that pay for ER costs and most of the healthcare expenses. Maybe the govt. ought to eliminate waste, fraud, and abuse in the current Medicare program as well as others and focus on their main responsibility, protecting this country.
    Your question is logically equivalent to, "Where is the proof that elves/fairies/unicorns don't exist?" You can't prove a negative. Stop shifting the burden of proof.

    PolitiFact | One in four Texans lack health insurance

    "In June 2011, the Texas unemployment rate was 8.2 percent. That was less than unemployment in collapsed-bubble states like California and Florida, but it was slightly higher than the unemployment rate in New York, and significantly higher than the rate in Massachusetts. By the way, one in four Texans lacks health insurance, the highest proportion in the nation, thanks largely to the state’s small-government approach. Meanwhile, Massachusetts has near-universal coverage thanks to health reform very similar to the 'job-killing' Affordable Care Act."

    How come Texas has a higher unemployment rate than New York and especially Massachusetts?

  6. #336
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,722

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    For those that want to demonize TX for the minimum wage jobs and tie that to Perry, here are the facts

    In the United States, 72.9 million workers were paid at hourly rates in 2010, representing 58.8 percent of all wage and salary workers. Of those paid by the hour, 1.8 million earned exactly the prevailing Federal minimum wage and about 2.5 million additional workers earned wages below the minimum. Together, the nearly 4.4 million workers with wages at or below the Federal minimum made up 6.0 percent of all hourly-paid workers in the nation, up from 4.9 percent in 2009.



    Minimum Wage Workers in Texas - 2010

    Total TX Labor Force by month

    2011 10471.0 10488.9 10524.2 10554.5 10556.6 10590.5

    Minimum Wage employees TX 550,000 or 5% of the work force. Higher percentage of the national total but 5% of the TX work force when the national average is 6%.

    What liberals also want to ignore are the Fortune 500 Companies that have relocated to TX. Anything to demonize a state that is doing better than their own.
    Again, you need to check your facts. Texas' minimum-wage-or-lower percentage is 9.5%--the highest in the nation. Seems to me that those who are getting rich are at least in part doing so off the backs of poor, uninsured Texans.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Again, you need to check your facts. Texas' minimum-wage-or-lower percentage is 9.5%--the highest in the nation. Seems to me that those who are getting rich are at least in part doing so off the backs of poor, uninsured Texans.
    I find it interesting how little you know about Business and the role of the Govt. I stand by my posts which came from the BLS.gov. You ought to become familiar with the site. the fact is TX has one of the largest labor forces in the nation and 550,000 makes it about 6% of the labor force. You don't like the numbers, take it up with BLS. I prefer having people working than sitting on their asses for 2 years collecting unemployment. Any job on the resume is better than no job.

    As for your argument on unemployment rate, just saw the numbers and will do some research and will let you know, not that it matters. You have a problem with TX and anyone from TX.

  8. #338
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,722

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I find it interesting how little you know about Business and the role of the Govt. I stand by my posts which came from the BLS.gov. You ought to become familiar with the site. the fact is TX has one of the largest labor forces in the nation and 550,000 makes it about 6% of the labor force. You don't like the numbers, take it up with BLS. I prefer having people working than sitting on their asses for 2 years collecting unemployment. Any job on the resume is better than no job.

    As for your argument on unemployment rate, just saw the numbers and will do some research and will let you know, not that it matters. You have a problem with TX and anyone from TX.
    That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Keep on dodging the facts, you're really doing a great job showing how well most conservatives can debate!

  9. #339
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Keep on dodging the facts, you're really doing a great job showing how well most conservatives can debate!
    So did you go to BLS.gov and research the site? No, you prefer Paul Krugman or Politifact and not the major source of unemployment data. What is it about liberalism that creates such loyalty? I posted the bls data that you didn't counter. BLS is the source of employment, unemployment, and wage data. It does appear that nothing is going to change your mind except age and experience. I assure you that you will. Facts trump feelings.

  10. #340
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So did you go to BLS.gov and research the site? No, you prefer Paul Krugman or Politifact and not the major source of unemployment data. What is it about liberalism that creates such loyalty? I posted the bls data that you didn't counter. BLS is the source of employment, unemployment, and wage data. It does appear that nothing is going to change your mind except age and experience. I assure you that you will. Facts trump feelings.
    If rightwingers didn't make things up, they'd have nothing to say
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •