Page 25 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #241
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Not to mention that's a BS argument as to why they should vote GOP... You were worse off under Obama, vote for us.

    Not going to happen. They actually have to do something for the black vote, and appeal to them... say they can do more for them than the Democratic Party. But if they can't get that, they are going to keep struggling with minorities and that's ok by me.
    What really is BS is ignoring the Obama rhetoric and voting for him because he was black. That is what the blacks did the last election in LARGE numbers with many looking for that Obama stash. Seems that Maxine Waters is questioning what you are ignoring.

  2. #242
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post




    Aw, he took the factual approach with you.
    Sorry, I have seen no relative facts presented, please point those so called facts out to me. Blacks didn't have 16% unemployment when Obama took office.

  3. #243
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't recall that being the case but doesn't really matter to me since Romney care is a state program and I have no problem if your state wants to charge you for a universal program since states pay for ER costs anyway.
    You are kidding yourself if you thingk "states" pay for ER costs. Everyone pays for them. First, hospitals write off free care as a loss, which lowers tax revenue. Then they increase costs for paid care, which is passed on to insurance companies, which increase our premiums. In the end consumers pay for free health care. And you stand up for the right to pay for health care for people who could afford to buy insurance but who refuse to buy insurance. Very conservative.

  4. #244
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you realize that 1 in 4 that you claim includes people who CHOOOSE not to get healthcare because it isn't free? Typical bs from a liberal who doesn't live in TX but is an expert on TX. Those stupid Texans that expanded the number of Republicans in the Legislature in Nov. 2010! Too bad they didn't check with you Pb before voting. You would have set them straight from your perch in Oregon.
    Those people still get sick and they should get health insurance.... Not only is going to the ER and refusing to pay your medical bills irresponsible, it is escalating the cost of healthcare in this country for everybody. It's simply irresponsible of people to refuse to purchase healthcare insurance when it's available to them.

  5. #245
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Again, you don't seem to know what the mandate IS. The mandate is a requirement that everyone who can afford health insurance must buy health insurance or else pay a tax penalty. It doesn't cost the government anything. In fact, the funds from the penalty would be used to pay for the free health care that the government is already paying for.
    Please tell me what healthcare expenses the Federal taxpayer is paying for? You seem to be under the impression that ER services in TX are paid for by you and other Federal Taxpayers. Where is healthcare listed as a Federal responsibility and better yet why don't you ask the Federal govt. where their money is going for their healthcare expenses?

  6. #246
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Those people still get sick and they should get health insurance.... Not only is going to the ER and refusing to pay your medical bills irresponsible, it is escalating the cost of healthcare in this country for everybody. It's simply irresponsible of people to refuse to purchase healthcare insurance when it's available to them.
    I have no problem with going after people to pay their ER services but that doesn't change the fact that ER expenses are paid by the states not the Federal govt. thus healthcare mandates need to come from the states.

  7. #247
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What exactly do you think that clip shows? Healthcare is a personal responsibility, health care is a state issue? one size doesn't fit all? So much faith in the govt. but only when a Democrat is in the WH and controls Congress?
    Then you are against Romney's 2008 health care proposal....

  8. #248
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You are kidding yourself if you thingk "states" pay for ER costs. Everyone pays for them. First, hospitals write off free care as a loss, which lowers tax revenue. Then they increase costs for paid care, which is passed on to insurance companies, which increase our premiums. In the end consumers pay for free health care. And you stand up for the right to pay for health care for people who could afford to buy insurance but who refuse to buy insurance. Very conservative.
    Really? prove it, prove that you pay for my county's ER services?

  9. #249
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Then you are against Romney's 2008 health care proposal....
    I am against any Federal forced national program for healthcare. That is a state issue

  10. #250
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please tell me what healthcare expenses the Federal taxpayer is paying for? You seem to be under the impression that ER services in TX are paid for by you and other Federal Taxpayers. Where is healthcare listed as a Federal responsibility and better yet why don't you ask the Federal govt. where their money is going for their healthcare expenses?
    Like I said, hospitals write off free health care which reduces their tax obligations. That costs the federal government money.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •