Page 20 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #191
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by SlackMaster View Post
    Do people in Massachusetts have different health care needs than those in say... Texas?
    Yep, they sure are, different area, different cost of living, different personal activities, different lifestyle. that is for the people to decide not the Federal Govt. The people of TX have spoken that they don't want a national program. Why do you have a problem with that?
    Last edited by Conservative; 08-19-11 at 11:24 AM.

  2. #192
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by SlackMaster View Post
    Isn't this the same guy who went bat **** insane over some mild comments from another member of congress? Also, isn't he the one who stood up and clapped when the GOP played that clip from the movie where they beat the piss out of somebody?
    Why attack the individual and ignore the content? Are blacks better off today than they were when Obama took office?

  3. #193
    Advisor SlackMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    02-02-12 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    598

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The people of TX have spoken that they don't want a national program. Why do you have a problem with that?
    Because I don't accept the "might makes right" argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    Unicorns are the legitimate scientific study of biology.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    By the way unicorns to science are not mythology. They can be studied by biology because they are an animal.

  4. #194
    Advisor SlackMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    02-02-12 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    598

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why attack the individual and ignore the content? Are blacks better off today than they were when Obama took office?
    Because when someone has a history of over-reacting to things, it's makes me skeptical of their claims.

    Regarding your blacks better off since Obama took office comment, correlation does not equal causation.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    Unicorns are the legitimate scientific study of biology.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    By the way unicorns to science are not mythology. They can be studied by biology because they are an animal.

  5. #195
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by SlackMaster View Post
    Because I don't accept the "might makes right" argument.
    Obviously you believe in the govt. having all the answers for your personal responsibility issues, i.e. healthcare. Seems that you want to impose your values on the people of TX. What makes you an expert?

    I don't see it when you believe that a govt. that has yet to solve a social problem and has generated a 14.6 trillion debt has the answers. Guess that is the easy way to delegate personal responsibility and then whine when you don't get the results you want.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by SlackMaster View Post
    Because when someone has a history of over-reacting to things, it's makes me skeptical of their claims.

    Regarding your blacks better off since Obama took office comment, correlation does not equal causation.
    Aw, the correlation does not equal causation answer. Thanks, but that wasn't the question asked. Are blacks better off today than they were when Obama took office? So defensive of Obama. I didn't say Obama caused the problem, just asked the question. Keep ignoring the results and data thinking only with your heart.

    Don't know how long you have lived in Dallas, but I moved to Houston 19 years ago and it was the best move of my life. Love living here and being responsible for my own choices. I don't look to the Federal govt. for the answers to my personal problems. Why do liberals?

  7. #197
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by SlackMaster View Post
    Do people in Massachusetts have different health care needs than those in say... Texas?
    As I understand it, 1 out of 4 Texans have no health insurance and poverty in Texas in very high. But since most of those aren't white, who cares? Texas as I see it, is state of very rich oil people and people very poor.


  8. #198
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    As I understand it, 1 out of 4 Texans have no health insurance and poverty in Texas in very high. But since most of those aren't white, who cares? Texas as I see it, is state of very rich oil people and people very poor.
    Do you realize that 1 in 4 that you claim includes people who CHOOOSE not to get healthcare because it isn't free? Typical bs from a liberal who doesn't live in TX but is an expert on TX. Those stupid Texans that expanded the number of Republicans in the Legislature in Nov. 2010! Too bad they didn't check with you Pb before voting. You would have set them straight from your perch in Oregon.

  9. #199
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do strong women scare you?
    No, what scares me is the notion of a really trivial person being given controls of the levers of power.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    No, what scares me is the notion of a really trivial person being given controls of the levers of power.
    Did you vote for Obama? What did his resume show before you pulled that lever? Amazing that a Governor is called a trivial person but a one term U.S. Senator who spent most of his time running for the next office and never managed anything deserved your vote. Guess you would call Perry the same thing in running against Obama, trivial?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •