Page 188 of 189 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189 LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #1871
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    More lies and distortion from you Con. The facts are the facts. Tx has the highest percentage of minimum wage and below minimum wage jobs in the country....not just more than California. More than Idaho, Wyoming, Michigan, Florida, Az, Nevada....even more than Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee.

    Couple that with the fact that Perry loves to talk about job growth, but all of that job growth is in GOVERNMENT jobs. Private sector jobs have declined by 5% in the last two years in Texas. So if all of these private sector jobs are coming to Tx from California.......then there must be more than an equal amount leaving Texas for greener pastures as well....which is surprising since Texas also gives the most welfare handouts to corporations than any other state in the union.

    Perry's record doesn't look very good when the record is actually examined.
    Then prove it, the numbers posted compare TX to the Federal minimum wage, California doesn't pay the Federal minimum wage thus isn't counted, try again

  2. #1872
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Since you seem incapable of doing any research......here's some interesting information for you:

    Texas and the government are chummier than you'd think - CSMonitor.com


    The chart shows that Texas employment wasn’t down much at all in these years, as the state lost only 53,000 jobs. But looming behind that number are large losses in the private sector (down 178,000) and large gains (up 125,000) in government jobs.


    Guess people like Conservative LOVE those Big Brother/Big Government politicians
    Last edited by disneydude; 08-25-11 at 08:25 PM.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #1873
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Better tell that to the Bureau of Labor Statistics because BLS disagrees. You shouldn''t have any problem proving your statement if you are right. By the way, in case you didn't know I won't be voting for Obama in 2012. Looks like it will be Romney or Perry, either one beats the alternative although I do feel sorry for those how want the nanny state.
    How it works is, I post evidence to support my case, and if you can find it, you post evidence that supports YOUR case. Your turn.

    Of course we can also look at this another way. Since January 2009, when Obama was inaugurated, the U.S. unemployment rate as increased just under 2%. Dureing that same time period, Texas' unemployment rate as gone up by exactly 2%.

    So tell me again how Perry has done so much better than Obama?

  4. #1874
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Here are the official numbers since 2001 the state has increased Govt. jobs from 1.565 million to 1.77 or 205,000. Total employment went from 9.5 million to 10.6 million or 1.2 million which makes govt. employment about 18% with a 20% increase in population.

    Guess I just don't see that decrease in private sector jobs you claim happened. Don't you ever get embarrassed by being wrong so often?

    Government employment by month from 2001 to 2011

    2001 1565.7 1594.7 1600.0 1601.2 1602.0 1559.7 1494.2 1522.8 1603.1 1624.1 1636.3 1630.8 1586.2
    2002 1605.4 1638.0 1645.1 1644.7 1647.4 1599.6 1530.3 1550.8 1632.5 1668.1 1677.9 1671.6 1626.0
    2003 1642.8 1677.8 1676.1 1677.4 1677.2 1632.1 1555.4 1570.5 1642.2 1664.1 1673.3 1663.7 1646.1
    2004 1640.2 1674.4 1676.1 1676.7 1678.7 1636.7 1568.0 1586.2 1661.9 1684.8 1693.9 1688.5 1655.5
    2005 1666.5 1700.7 1703.1 1705.2 1707.0 1660.4 1597.5 1618.4 1690.3 1715.9 1727.8 1715.4 1684.0
    2006 1696.4 1728.9 1730.0 1726.5 1727.2 1683.9 1609.0 1634.8 1711.3 1741.2 1750.0 1742.5 1706.8
    2007 1716.3 1748.1 1754.5 1753.7 1756.7 1717.4 1646.5 1655.6 1731.5 1771.0 1786.0 1781.6 1734.9
    2008 1761.8 1793.7 1801.9 1795.2 1799.2 1763.9 1694.1 1701.5 1773.8 1809.5 1828.6 1823.1 1778.9
    2009 1804.1 1832.4 1839.2 1848.3 1847.8 1811.7 1735.4 1731.4 1808.4 1859.5 1872.2 1864.2 1821.2
    2010 1836.3 1868.8 1881.2 1885.7 1920.6 1877.4 1781.4 1775.0 1833.0 1884.1 1896.7 1883.6 1860.3
    2011 1859.4 1889.4 1890.4 1890.3 1882.2 1846.8 1766.8
    Total Jobs by month

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2001 9541.2 9550.7 9556.8 9548.8 9544.0 9540.3 9519.5 9521.4 9504.5 9468.3 9447.9 9429.6
    2002 9421.0 9414.8 9422.3 9420.1 9430.4 9423.4 9409.1 9414.9 9422.9 9410.1 9410.5 9401.9
    2003 9395.4 9383.9 9365.9 9367.3 9360.1 9352.9 9345.0 9355.0 9368.7 9375.4 9384.6 9393.9
    2004 9420.1 9428.2 9439.1 9459.0 9468.3 9480.6 9505.1 9522.6 9516.9 9566.1 9569.7 9581.4
    2005 9605.0 9620.3 9638.9 9679.5 9693.3 9698.8 9764.0 9781.8 9809.3 9825.6 9868.6 9885.2
    2006 9925.1 9946.8 9986.6 10000.0 10025.3 10051.1 10059.3 10106.5 10139.8 10152.7 10178.2 10212.2
    2007 10230.3 10269.5 10314.1 10337.5 10362.8 10394.3 10418.5 10433.4 10452.7 10485.9 10506.5 10526.3
    2008 10561.5 10595.0 10587.7 10612.0 10616.2 10626.7 10639.9 10642.4 10607.4 10617.3 10605.2 10574.5
    2009 10524.2 10462.4 10403.5 10343.4 10318.8 10291.8 10255.9 10231.0 10220.6 10214.4 10212.0 10209.0
    2010 10234.9 10239.5 10275.0 10302.7 10357.9 10368.6 10350.3 10361.8 10361.6 10384.9 10403.3 10444.7
    2011 10471.0 10488.9 10524.2 10554.5 10556.6 10590.5 10619.8
    Why is the first set of numbers not seasonally adjusted while the second set is SA??

  5. #1875
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Why is the first set of numbers not seasonally adjusted while the second set is SA??
    I've been waiting for a response, but it looks like Elvis has left the building.

  6. #1876
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I've been waiting for a response, but it looks like Elvis has left the building.
    He tends to take a powder when he gets caught. He'll post the same thing tomorrow as if nothing ever happened.

  7. #1877
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Oh man you should have seen the Minister at my church going ape **** for Bush.


    Bush and me happen to belong to the same church.
    Really... what kind of church is that?

  8. #1878
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post

    The numbers cover the time period between 2008 and 2011 -- same as Obama's. Perry has created NEGATIVE private sector jobs ... but a lot of gobmint jobs!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Better tell that to the Bureau of Labor Statistics because BLS disagrees. You shouldn''t have any problem proving your statement if you are right.
    Umm, no, the BLS also says Texas lost private sector jobs since the recession began:

    Private:
    Dec/2007: 8837.6
    Jul/2011: 8804.4

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

  9. #1879
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    so what. It doesn't mean they are all Christian. They could be Muslim, Jewish, or something else. Believing in God doesn't make you Christian.

  10. #1880
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Has there been an increase in Texas unemployment since Perry took office?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That doesn't answer the question but yes there has been a job gain since Perry took office!
    Why lie? The unemployment rate in TX has increased since he took office.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    One thing about it, Perry won't be a Barack Obama, there won't be a net job loss under Perry nor 4 trillion added to the debt in 3 years. You must be so proud. How is that Hope and Change working out for you?
    You are delusional. The only way Obama can be the direct cause of job loss is if all businesses are trying to keep Obama from being elected for a 2nd term.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am waiting for you to show that you know how the unemployment rate is calculated. The answer is yes there have been a net job gain since Perry took office and even after Obama took office as more are employed today than in 2009 in TX. You want to rely on the rate change because of course you know that the rate is up but so are the number employed.
    Which is because TX population has increased at a faster rate than the national avg.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •