Page 165 of 189 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #1641
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Actually I'm very concerned about the population growth here. We simply do not have the water resources to sustain population growth at the current rate. Lakes are running dry.
    Probably because GW Bush made it quit raining and Perry is keeping with that policy.

  2. #1642
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Your probably right, but how many government employees do the blue states have compared to the red, you need to do some comparisons.
    No, I don't. The burden of proof is on those who are claiming that there's a difference in govt employment. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, it is reasonable to assume that the % of the labor force employed by the govt is similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #1643
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Probably because GW Bush made it quit raining and Perry is keeping with that policy.
    Yeah sure what ever. Now click your heels three times.......

  4. #1644
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then you are buying the rhetoric and not the results. Would you rather live in a state or country with freedoms, personal responsibility, and the opportunities presented in TX or the nanny state and govt. involvement promoted by Obama?
    Freedoms? You mean like the right of every person to enter into a legal contract, aka marriage, with whomever they choose, since it should be their choice to make for who is the best person to be their legal mate, not the government's. How bout just being able to choose their own partner? Which is something Perry was against, since he believes Lawrence v TX was a bad decision of the SCOTUS.

    Maybe you think it is fine and dandy for a politician to give government money and jobs to "buddies" and high campaign donors, but I find it despicable. I also find it wrong to misrepresent what is actually happening within a person's state to try to get elected on it, when that causes quality of education and availability of affordable healthcare to drop.

    Personal responsibility would need to apply to everyone. Those who believe the rich pay too much taxes are the first to complain about lower-incomed Americans not taking responsibility for themselves, but can't seem to take responsibility for their own greed being a major factor in why this country is failing.

    And I have no desire to destroy our environment just to keep the economy going a little longer. People can survive without an economy. It may cause hardships and mass changes, but we are very likely to survive. If we destroy our environment, we would have no one but ourselves to blame for using up all the resources and trashing the planet because we were too greedy to see that it is important to remember that there are more important things than money.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #1645
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Except, the political climate isn't really what is helping business in TX. This was posted before to try to show that it was, because TX is 2nd for top state to do business.

    News Headlines

    But if you look at the separate areas that determine what makes TX in the top states to do business, it is due to transportation and infrastructure, cost of living, access to capital, and tech and innovation. TX actually ranks 33rd, which is pretty bad considering, for the cost of doing business. And Oregon, since you brought it up, is well above TX for the cost of doing business and is just 5 ranks below TX for business friendliness.
    That is a very biased list that fails to take many things into consideration. I didn't see any mention of unemployment, poverty, teenage pregnancy, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #1646
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Tort reform for one and that led to the addition of 26,000 new doctors.
    Unfortunately tort reform was sold as a means of reducing health care costs, at which it has been a miserable failure. After Perry's tort reform Texas had the third highest rate of health care inflation in the country, at 40%.

    Trial lawyers catch a break on rising health care costs - Houston Chronicle

  7. #1647
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Pssst Republican mantra 1 Government can't create jobs......yet Republican politicians can take credit for "creating" jobs.
    And blame Obama for not creating jobs. But the millions of jobs destroyed while bush* was president.....JOBS ARE NOT THE PRESIDENTS JOB!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #1648
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And blame Obama for not creating jobs. But the millions of jobs destroyed while bush* was president.....JOBS ARE NOT THE PRESIDENTS JOB!!
    It is if you believe government is the answer.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1649
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It is if you believe government is the answer.
    It's as if you're using a straw man in place of an argument

    Meanwhile, people on both the right and the left agree that govt policies have an affect on the economy and employment except that the right disagrees with this when it's convenient to do so
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #1650
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Republicans have a lot of ideas and is made up today of a big tent, something the liberals could learn from. Republicans never proposed universal healthcare and a federal mandate but that doesn't stop people like you from grasping for straws. We shall see probably my next Spring how the Supreme Court rules. In the meantime, try to stick to the thread topic.
    That's quite factually not true. Outside tax cuts and spending cuts, what else do you have?

    BTW, is this another squirrel moment? The issue is the mandate. And yes, it was a republican idea. The sqirrel will be there later, so you can try and address the issue we're discussing before moving to something different.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •