Page 147 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #1461
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch! 38% JAR and well over 50% disapproval ratings.
    No response to what I said? Ok, I accept your concession.

  2. #1462
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    This is to be expected when you inherit the worst economic/financial crisis since the 1930's.
    I lived and worked during the 81-82 recession and you are wrong but we have been over this. Not sure why the loyalty to Obama unless you are one of the leftwing fanatics. If so, you aren't a Libertarian. Obama was an empty suit with no leadership skills when he was elected and the results today show it. Amazing how 2 1/2 years later the numbers are worse than when he took office. No President in modern history has this kind of record two years after the end of a recession. We have seen two years of Obamanomics WITH a Democrat Congress and the results speak for themselves as does the approval rating.

  3. #1463
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post


    I sure hope perry gets the chance to run against OUR PRESIDENT.With any luck at all he will have bachman as his running mate.Here,s a good video take a peek, preferably after your evening nap.
    Yep again, Perry net jobs gain, balanced budet, Obama net job loss and 4 trillion added to the debt

  4. #1464
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wonder how much in unemployment insurance those minimum wage earners collect from the taxpayers? I suggest you do some research and you will find that the number is 550,000 out of a labor force of over 12 million so I am sure you can figure out the percentage which is less than 5%. Over half are between the age of 16-24 and many are second wage earners. Guess you must have missed that part of the analysis.
    So basically, you are making excuses for Texas's demand for low skill/low wage labor.

    minwage_tx_chart1.jpg

    I have no interest in refuting the articles you posted but am concerned about the Obama record. The important issue in this country is jobs, jobs, and jobs. TX creates them and other states don't. TX has a balanced budget without raising taxes and others don't. Let me know when Obama has a net job gain and balances the budget.
    Of course you do not. In a thread about Rick Perry, it is critical you continue to rant and rave about the Obama record without the desire or the ability to provide a relevant economic analysis of it.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #1465
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    So basically, you are making excuses for Texas's demand for low skill/low wage labor.

    minwage_tx_chart1.jpg



    Of course you do not. In a thread about Rick Perry, it is critical you continue to rant and rave about the Obama record without the desire or the ability to provide a relevant economic analysis of it.
    Perry, net job gain, growing labor force, more jobs today than when Obama took office, and a balanced budget. Obama, net job loss, declining labor force, less people employed, and 4 trillion added to the debt. The choice is clear. Perry is getting it right, Obama and liberalism is a failure.

  6. #1466
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I lived and worked during the 81-82 recession and you are wrong but we have been over this. Not sure why the loyalty to Obama unless you are one of the leftwing fanatics. If so, you aren't a Libertarian. Obama was an empty suit with no leadership skills when he was elected and the results today show it. Amazing how 2 1/2 years later the numbers are worse than when he took office. No President in modern history has this kind of record two years after the end of a recession. We have seen two years of Obamanomics WITH a Democrat Congress and the results speak for themselves as does the approval rating.
    What you lived and worked through is irrelevant as your desire to use anecdotal evidence is really just a fallacy. My article however was not a fallacy or an appeal to authority because the experts in question qualify for both: "The authority is a legitimate expert on the subject
    " and "A consensus exists among legitimate experts on the matter under discussion." which is to the highest regards.

    Your ill-informed opinion means squat!
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #1467
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Check out how far back you have to go to find the last time unemployment was this bad in Texas.

    Unemployment Rate - Texas

    GASP!!! Oooo.. noes, the glory years of THE GiPPeR???

    Sep. 1987:
    8.3%

    Aug. 1987:
    8.3%

    Jul. 1987:
    8.4%

    Jun. 1987:
    8.5%

    May. 1987:
    8.7%

    Apr. 1987:
    8.8%

    Mar. 1987:
    8.9%

    Feb. 1987:
    9.0%

    Jan. 1987:
    9.1%

    Dec. 1986:
    9.2%

    Nov. 1986:
    9.3%

    Oct. 1986:
    9.3%

    Sep. 1986:
    9.3%

    Aug. 1986:
    9.2%

    Jul. 1986:
    9.2%

    Jun. 1986:
    9.2%

    May. 1986:
    9.2%

    Apr. 1986:
    9.1%

    Mar. 1986:
    9.0%
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  8. #1468
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    I lived and worked during the 81-82 recession and you are wrong but we have been over this.
    Riiiight ... because a Conservative sycophant who didn't even know that Paul Volker created the recession to combat inflation thinks he knows better than top economists.

  9. #1469
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    What you lived and worked through is irrelevant as your desire to use anecdotal evidence is really just a fallacy. My article however was not a fallacy or an appeal to authority because the experts in question qualify for both: "The authority is a legitimate expert on the subject
    " and "A consensus exists among legitimate experts on the matter under discussion." which is to the highest regards.

    Your ill-informed opinion means squat!
    As does yours, fact, Perry Net job gain, growing labor force, more people employed, and a balanced budget, Obama net job loss, declining labor force, less jobs, and 4 trillion added to the debt. Obama had total control of the govt with overwhelming numbers of democrats in Congress. His policies failed as the results show.

  10. #1470
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Perry, net job gain, growing labor force, more jobs today than when Obama took office, and a balanced budget. Obama, net job loss, declining labor force, less people employed, and 4 trillion added to the debt. The choice is clear. Perry is getting it right, Obama and liberalism is a failure.
    You can repeat yourself until you are blue in the face: the fact remains that Perry seems to be the king of the minimum wage labor force.

    How many billions in stimulus money did Texas use to balance the budget?

    Through the second quarter of this year, Texas has used $17.4 billion in federal stimulus money including $8 billion of the one-time dollars to fund state expenses that recur over and over. In fact, Texas used the federal stimulus to balance its last two budgets.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •