Page 14 of 189 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #131
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You're right -- it wasn't 80%. It was actually 97%.

    Texas balanced budget with stimulus money from Washington - Jan. 23, 2011
    Texas operates on a 2 year budget, not a one year budget and the deficit was projected at 25 billion. The budget was balanced without tax increases and the stimulus money accepted was hardly 97%. Nice spin and distortion.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,704

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I believe logic and common sense kicked in more so than the Southern strategy. Don't you think it is a little arrogant on your part claiming that people aren't smart enough to make up their own minds and require someone else to do the thinking for them. Sounds like you have been a liberal way too long but it does show what you think of the individual. No wonder support for liberalism is declining.
    LOL, you're already flaming me? And dodging the question? Typical. But I guess that means that I was right, that the Southern Strategy worked on you.

  3. #133
    Advisor SlackMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    02-02-12 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    598

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Texas operates on a 2 year budget, not a one year budget and the deficit was projected at 25 billion. The budget was balanced without tax increases and the stimulus money accepted was hardly 97%. Nice spin and distortion.
    I guess the National Conference of State Legislatures is full of crap then?

    Do you have anything to back up those statements?
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    Unicorns are the legitimate scientific study of biology.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    By the way unicorns to science are not mythology. They can be studied by biology because they are an animal.

  4. #134
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Texas operates on a 2 year budget, not a one year budget and the deficit was projected at 25 billion. The budget was balanced without tax increases and the stimulus money accepted was hardly 97%. Nice spin and distortion.
    Stimulus filled 97% of the gap between spending cuts and the remaining deficit, which otherwise would have been filled by tapping the state's rainy day fund. It's a good thing they didn't tap the fund, because they're going to need all of it plus another $5 billion in additional cuts next time around.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    LOL, you're already flaming me? And dodging the question? Typical. But I guess that means that I was right, that the Southern Strategy worked on you.
    What Southern strategy? Confusing people with facts, logic, and common sense? How can anyone look at these numbers 2 1/2 years after taking office and call liberalism a success?

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch! 39% JAR and well over 50% disapproval ratings and now 26% supporting his handling of the economy

  6. #136
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What Southern strategy? Confusing people with facts, logic, and common sense? How can anyone look at these numbers 2 1/2 years after taking office and call liberalism a success?

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch! 39% JAR and well over 50% disapproval ratings and now 26% supporting his handling of the economy
    They don't look so bad when you consider where he started.

    And what Obama inherited: economy shedding 700,000+ jobs per month, GDP shrinking at 6+% per year, financial institutions teetering on the edge of collapse, trillion+ deficit.... Nice improvement.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Stimulus filled 97% of the gap between spending cuts and the remaining deficit, which otherwise would have been filled by tapping the state's rainy day fund. It's a good thing they didn't tap the fund, because they're going to need all of it plus another $5 billion in additional cuts next time around.
    You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. You claimed that the stimulus bailout paid for 97% of the TX deficit, that was of course a complete distortion. You also ignore that Texans are taxpayers and part of the budget deficit was due to Medicaid expansion and unemployment extensions forced by the Federal Govt. Should Texas taxpayers fund those extensions?

  8. #138
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Stimulus filled 97% of the gap between spending cuts and the remaining deficit, which otherwise would have been filled by tapping the state's rainy day fund. It's a good thing they didn't tap the fund, because they're going to need all of it plus another $5 billion in additional cuts next time around.
    It is expected now due to the drought Texas agriculture is going to have 5.2 billion in losses. That is going to be a hard hit for the State

  9. #139
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    They don't look so bad when you consider where he started.

    And what Obama inherited: economy shedding 700,000+ jobs per month, GDP shrinking at 6+% per year, financial institutions teetering on the edge of collapse, trillion+ deficit.... Nice improvement.
    Right, those results are outstanding especially considering the cost to generate those numbers that you say are so much better. why not just write a check to every American for 1 million dollars? Unbelievable lack of logic and common sense.

  10. #140
    Advisor SlackMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    02-02-12 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    598

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1.3% GDP growth in 2011, 24+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch! 39% JAR and well over 50% disapproval ratings and now 26% supporting his handling of the economy
    Just curious. You keep pasting this into your posts as if we haven't responded to it already. It hasn't convinced us thus far. Do you think posting it a tenth time will convince us?
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    Unicorns are the legitimate scientific study of biology.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    By the way unicorns to science are not mythology. They can be studied by biology because they are an animal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •