Page 136 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #1351
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    That parry has less of a chance in a gen election than romni does
    Why no love towards Perry? He was Al Gore's campaign manager in '88, then switched to the Republican party the very next year right?

  2. #1352
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Perry leads Romney by 29% to 17%.....Whaddya think about that?

    Perry Zooms to Front of Pack for 2012 GOP Nomination

  3. #1353
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,131

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What I am trying to say is what we all know, the govt. has no business mandating that the American people buy anything especially something that is a jobs killer and will do nothing to lower healthcare costs.
    You are aware, are you not, Con....that the mandate was the idea of your beloved Republican party that was offered as an alternative to the public option that most Americans wanted but that the Republican party and a handful of bluedogs refused to adopt, right?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #1354
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Windy City
    Last Seen
    09-21-11 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    397

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    the govt. has no business mandating that the American people buy anything
    In fairness, Government does this all the time with schools, police stations & police force, fire stations & firefighters, and all other services and protections that we as a society have decided the government should handle (vs the private sector handling).

    I suppose you could say that healthcare would be just another one of these "protections" - right?
    Last edited by David D.; 08-24-11 at 05:55 PM.

  5. #1355
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by David D. View Post
    In fairness, Government does this all the time with schools, police stations & police force, fire stations & firefighters, and all other services and protections that we as a society have decided the government should handle (vs the private sector handling).

    I suppose you could say that healthcare would be just another one of these "protections" - right?
    The government already mandates that hospitals can not turn away critically ill people.

  6. #1356
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,263

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You are aware, are you not, Con....that the mandate was the idea of your beloved Republican party that was offered as an alternative to the public option that most Americans wanted but that the Republican party and a handful of bluedogs refused to adopt, right?
    I don't recall the Republicans ever proposing national health care so please let us know when that happened. What does this have to do with the thread topic and Rick Perry, just more diversion on your part and I don't blame you. 38% JAR isn't a very good rating a year from the election and with no economic plan to reverse the trend. Then there is the Gallup Poll showing Perry and Obama tied. I fully expect Obama to be in the 30's in the polls vs. Republican candidates soon. There is no reason to vote for Obama with the results he has generated, results that liberals always ignore. Your state is a disaster financially and from I heard is looking for a bailout from the Federal Taxpayer. Not going to happen with the GOP in charge of the House so the people of California are going to have to pay up for liberalism and the entitlement mentality you have

  7. #1357
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't recall the Republicans ever proposing national health care so please let us know when that happened.
    What do you call the patients choice act 2009

  8. #1358
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,263

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What do you call the patients choice act 2009
    What does that have to do with the thread topic but I don't recall a national mandate in that bill.

  9. #1359
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Why no love towards Perry? He was Al Gore's campaign manager in '88, then switched to the Republican party the very next year right?
    Because of his religious baggage, desire to completely eliminate the EPA, etc
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  10. #1360
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What does that have to do with the thread topic but I don't recall a national mandate in that bill.
    Hey you are the one that asked:

    Originally Posted by Conservative

    I don't recall the Republicans ever proposing national health care so please let us know when that happened.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •