Page 11 of 189 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #101
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Uhmmm the #1 heart hospital 16 years running is in Ohio.
    Doesn't make it better, TX Heart Institute St. Luke is ranked 4th

    U.S. News Best Hospitals 2011-12

  2. #102
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,802

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A little bit of logic and common sense along with an understanding of basic math will help you understand politics. There are two major political parties with a chance of running this country, Democrats and Republicans. The numbers show they make up over 70% of the electorate meaning that one of those two parties is going to govern. It is better to work from the inside instead of being on the outside and whining all the time about the results claiming you never voted for either. That doesn't make a lot of sense but it does make you a malcontent.
    So you've learned to eat **** and you prefer the taste of the turd in your right hand?

    Malcontent? That works for me.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  3. #103
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,802

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You think they have been addressed. All I see is placing blame. Apparently you don't know the difference nor do you understand basic civics
    You talk like you have a degree in poly sci from Oral Roberts University.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  4. #104
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,710

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    towards voters - rasmussen screens for likely voters, as opposed to (for example) American Adults. In this case, it was "likely primary voters"; which doesn't mean the whole GOP or everyone in America who leans conservative, but does mean the people who will, actually, you know, be doing the voting.
    Actually that's not true. Rasmussen Reports has a documented conservative bias. Now let me be quick to add that any sort of bias in any direction hurts the quality of a polling organization.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZIRP4EVA View Post
    I am alive today only because of the world class treatment I received at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.
    Awesome. I know a little about MD Anderson, and what a great, great institution it is. For those who can afford it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Couldn't agree more, TX has some incredible medical facilities that are world renowned. People from all over the world come here for Medical care. Destroys the negative comments of far too many about all the problems in TX. One of them certainly isn't the medical care and facilities here.
    MD Anderson existed LONG before Rick Perry ever became governor.
    Last edited by Phys251; 08-18-11 at 12:51 AM.

  5. #105
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Couldn't agree more, TX has some incredible medical facilities that are world renowned. People from all over the world come here for Medical care. Destroys the negative comments of far too many about all the problems in TX. One of them certainly isn't the medical care and facilities here.
    I guess those awesome facilities aren't much use to the 26% of Texans who are uninsured. Highest percentage of any state in the country. Forbes ranked Texas the third worst state in the country to be sick and poor: "Texas gets dinged because large numbers of people are denied care essentially because of where they live. Public Citizen says Texas skimps on care of women and those in institutional care, doesn't pay doctors well and delivers only middling quality."

    The Worst Places To Be Sick And Poor - Forbes.com

  6. #106
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I guess those awesome facilities aren't much use to the 26% of Texans who are uninsured. Highest percentage of any state in the country. Forbes ranked Texas the third worst state in the country to be sick and poor: "Texas gets dinged because large numbers of people are denied care essentially because of where they live. Public Citizen says Texas skimps on care of women and those in institutional care, doesn't pay doctors well and delivers only middling quality."

    The Worst Places To Be Sick And Poor - Forbes.com
    Amazing, isn't it, that TX is such a miserable place that it continues to support Conservatives and in Nov. 2010 added to its Conservative Legislature, has two conservative Senators, and a Conservative governor? Do you ever think before you post that just maybe there is another side of the story when it comes to the negative posts on TX? There sure is a bias regarding TX and amazingly someone like me who have lived here for 19 years doesn't have a clue in the liberal world. A sign of maturity is admitting that you are wrong and most liberals I know never do that. Healthcare is a personal responsibility and the people of TX know that. It isn't the role of govt. to provide for personal responsibility issues

  7. #107
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Amazing, isn't it, that TX is such a miserable place that it continues to support Conservatives and in Nov. 2010 added to its Conservative Legislature, has two conservative Senators, and a Conservative governor? Do you ever think before you post that just maybe there is another side of the story when it comes to the negative posts on TX? There sure is a bias regarding TX and amazingly someone like me who have lived here for 19 years doesn't have a clue in the liberal world. A sign of maturity is admitting that you are wrong and most liberals I know never do that. Healthcare is a personal responsibility and the people of TX know that. It isn't the role of govt. to provide for personal responsibility issues
    Does living here 19 years give you some kind of extra special cred?

  8. #108
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Does living here 19 years give you some kind of extra special cred?
    Probably makes me more objective that someone who has lived here all their lives. I have seen how other states operate and how this one operates. Best move I ever made was moving to TX.

  9. #109
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Probably makes me more objective that someone who has lived here all their lives. I have seen how other states operate and how this one operates. Best move I ever made was moving to TX.
    And you assume I've never lived in another State?

  10. #110
    Advisor SlackMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    02-02-12 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    598

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Amazing, isn't it, that TX is such a miserable place that it continues to support Conservatives and in Nov. 2010 added to its Conservative Legislature, has two conservative Senators, and a Conservative governor? Do you ever think before you post that just maybe there is another side of the story when it comes to the negative posts on TX? There sure is a bias regarding TX and amazingly someone like me who have lived here for 19 years doesn't have a clue in the liberal world. A sign of maturity is admitting that you are wrong and most liberals I know never do that. Healthcare is a personal responsibility and the people of TX know that. It isn't the role of govt. to provide for personal responsibility issues
    One of the reasons Texas is doing so well is because Rick Perry takes full advantage of government bailouts. In 2008 he and Joe Manchin the head of the Democratic Governors Association sent a letter to Reid, Pelosi, Boehner and McConnell urging them to pass the $800 Billion TARP bill.

    He said...

    As leaders of our respective organizations, we don't always see eye to eye on policy, but we come together today with one clear purpose. We strongly urge Congress to leave partisanship at the door and pass an economic recovery package. We both believe that it’s time to stand together for our country. There is a time for partisanship and there is a time for getting things done. No one likes the hand they've been dealt, and now is not the time to assign blame. It is time for Washington, D.C. to step up, be responsible and do what's in the best interest of American taxpayers and our economy. This economic crisis is not just impacting Wall Street; it is also making life harder for everyday Americans. Americans across the country and in every demographic are feeling the pinch. If Congress does not act soon, the situation will grow appreciably worse. It's time for leadership. Congress needs to act now.
    If I didn't know where this quote was from, I'd say that sounds JUST like something Obama would say. Kudos to Rick Perry for recognizing that it's beneficial to everyone to put aside partisan politics to get the job done. Too bad this information will destroy his credibility with the Tea-vangelists.

    Also....

    Rick Perry used Obama's horrible stimulus money to pay for 97% of Texas's budget shortfall in fiscal year 2010.

    Texas, which crafts a budget every two years, was facing a $6.6 billion shortfall for its 2010-2011 fiscal years. It plugged nearly all of that deficit with $6.4 billion in Recovery Act money, allowing it to leave its $9.1 billion rainy day fund untouched.

    "Stimulus was very helpful in getting them through the last few years," said Brian Sigritz, director of state fiscal studies for the National Association of State Budget Officers, said of Texas.

    Even as Perry requested the Recovery Act money, he railed against it. On the very same day he asked for the funds, he set up a petition titled "No Government Bailouts."

    "Join our fight and add your voice to a growing list of several thousand Americans who are fed up with this irresponsible spending that threatens our future," Perry wrote on his blog on Feb. 18, 2009.
    How awesome is that? He bitches and moans about government bailouts to win over the angry mobs and then uses that very same money to bail out his state. Now as he's running for President he's using the fact that his state is solvent as a platform for fiscal responsibility.

    Politician, through and through.

    Your "conservative success story" is only a success because of Democrat policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    Unicorns are the legitimate scientific study of biology.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    By the way unicorns to science are not mythology. They can be studied by biology because they are an animal.

Page 11 of 189 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •