Page 107 of 189 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #1061
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Do you dispute it?
    Of course not because I know that Federal Mandates have to be funded by Federal Tax dollars per the law signed by Bill Clinton in the 90's. medicaid and unemployment benefit expansion forced by the Federal govt. who should pay those charges in your world?

  2. #1062
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Of course not because I know that Federal Mandates have to be funded by Federal Tax dollars per the law signed by Bill Clinton in the 90's. medicaid and unemployment benefit expansion forced by the Federal govt. who should pay those charges in your world?
    Okay, so you accept that Perry closed his budget gap with over $6 BILLION in stimulus funds, which he claims served no purpose and didn't save any jobs. Nuff said.

  3. #1063
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're changing the subject again. Please, link something that supports your claim. Show that you actually made it up through some taxes. With the newly employed, you had a short fall. That's a fact. You state made cuts to spending. You say you made it up with some sort of tax or levey. Support that, please.
    We have an increase in the labor force thus an increase in total tax revenue, you deny that fact? A drop in jobs doesn't mean a drop in total tax revenue for the state. Interesting that you have such concerns about a state that is making Obama's numbers look better. I would have expected at least a thank you

  4. #1064
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Okay, so you accept that Perry closed his budget gap with over $6 BILLION in stimulus funds, which he claims served no purpose and didn't save any jobs. Nuff said.
    I assume that you don't know that a state shortfall includes federal mandates nor do you probably know what a federal mandate is.

  5. #1065
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Okay, so you accept that Perry closed his budget gap with over $6 BILLION in stimulus funds, which he claims served no purpose and didn't save any jobs. Nuff said.
    poke:

    Federal education aid finally starts flowing in Texas

    School districts throughout Texas got some surprising news Monday: $831 million of federal aid tied up for months in a high-profile battle between Gov. Rick Perry and Democratic Rep. Lloyd Doggett of Austin is now available to retain and hire teachers.
    Bexar County districts stand to get $56.6 million, a shot in the arm after most of them recently eliminated hundreds of teaching positions and several laid off teachers.
    Local districts' officials expected the federal funds to remain frozen, presuming that legislators might use the $831 million to plug holes in the state budget. Under the House draft version, money for schools statewide could be cut by as much as $11 billion.

  6. #1066
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    We have an increase in the labor force thus an increase in total tax revenue, you deny that fact? A drop in jobs doesn't mean a drop in total tax revenue for the state. Interesting that you have such concerns about a state that is making Obama's numbers look better. I would have expected at least a thank you
    Again, you had that and still had the shortfall. Can you explain that?

    I've asked you to support your claim. Now can you or not?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1067
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    poke:

    Federal education aid finally starts flowing in Texas

    School districts throughout Texas got some surprising news Monday: $831 million of federal aid tied up for months in a high-profile battle between Gov. Rick Perry and Democratic Rep. Lloyd Doggett of Austin is now available to retain and hire teachers.
    Bexar County districts stand to get $56.6 million, a shot in the arm after most of them recently eliminated hundreds of teaching positions and several laid off teachers.
    Local districts' officials expected the federal funds to remain frozen, presuming that legislators might use the $831 million to plug holes in the state budget. Under the House draft version, money for schools statewide could be cut by as much as $11 billion.
    The federal government ot the rescue?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1068
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, you had that and still had the shortfall. Can you explain that?

    I've asked you to support your claim. Now can you or not?
    Wow, imagine that TX taxpayer dollars being sent back to TX. When you talk about the Federal Govt. coming to the rescue you seem to ignore that means the taxpayer dollars. Thanks so much for your help.

  9. #1069
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wow, imagine that TX taxpayer dollars being sent back to TX. When you talk about the Federal Govt. coming to the rescue you seem to ignore that means the taxpayer dollars. Thanks so much for your help.
    That was to someone else. Now, let the squirrel go about it's busness and support your claim.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1070
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That was to someone else. Now,let the squirrel go about it's busness and support your claim.
    Knock it off dude, you are letting your age show....Now be good before I tell your mom.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •