Page 106 of 189 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #1051
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok you first.

    j-mac
    I already have j. I've linked sources, and explained my position. Feel free to address those things.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1052
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No one is disputing that, what is your point? Mine is the country budget funds most of the school expenses, the state money was reduced to the districts but that if necessary could be made up by the District and normally is. You seem to believe that the 4 billion hurt the Districts and there is no evidence of that as Districts all over the state are raising money other ways.
    And how do the districts make it up? They borrow or raise taxes and fees. This is another reason that balanced budget provisions are deceptive. The state doesn't borrow or raise taxes (well it does, but....) but it cuts funds to local government who have to borrow and/or raise taxes to make up the difference. The net effect is the same.

  3. #1053
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    And how do the districts make it up? They borrow or raise taxes and fees. This is another reason that balanced budget provisions are deceptive. The state doesn't borrow or raise taxes (well it does, but....) but it cuts funds to local government who have to borrow and/or raise taxes to make up the difference. The net effect is the same.
    They either ask for a tax increase or cut spending, how do you make up a shortfall in your budget? Interesting how you continue to try to defend the current govt. spending at all levels. Are you sending in a bigger contribution to the govt. to help them out of the revenue problem you seem to believe they have?

  4. #1054
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    They either ask for a tax increase or cut spending, how do you make up a shortfall in your budget? Interesting how you continue to try to defend the current govt. spending at all levels. Are you sending in a bigger contribution to the govt. to help them out of the revenue problem you seem to believe they have?
    Ahh, so they tax more? And you're for tax increases? Interesting.

    Now, show that's what they did and that they got the tax increase.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1055
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Ahh, so they tax more? And you're for tax increases? Interesting.

    Now, show that's what they did and that they got the tax increase.
    Not a problem in TX as the population growth is taking care of the rising tax revenue, but thanks for the concern

  6. #1056
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not a problem in TX as the population growth is taking care of the rising tax revenue, but thanks for the concern
    Sure, that's why Perry used over $6 BILLION in stimulus money to plug his budget gap.
    Yeah, that's the same stimulus money that didn't do anything or save any jobs.

  7. #1057
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Sure, that's why Perry used over $6 BILLION in stimulus money to plug his budget gap.
    Yeah, that's the same stimulus money that didn't do anything or save any jobs.
    Keep posting the same thing over and over again and even you will begin believing it. What did that 6 billion cover? At least be honest for a change

  8. #1058
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep posting the same thing over and over again and even you will begin believing it. What did that 6 billion cover? At least be honest for a change
    Do you dispute it?

  9. #1059
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not a problem in TX as the population growth is taking care of the rising tax revenue, but thanks for the concern
    You're changing the subject again. Please, link something that supports your claim. Show that you actually made it up through some taxes. With the newly employed, you had a short fall. That's a fact. You state made cuts to spending. You say you made it up with some sort of tax or levey. Support that, please.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1060
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're changing the subject again. Please, link something that supports your claim. Show that you actually made it up through some taxes. With the newly employed, you had a short fall. That's a fact. You state made cuts to spending. You say you made it up with some sort of tax or levey. Support that, please.
    I believe he's off chasing a squirrel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •