Page 105 of 189 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1884

Thread: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

  1. #1041
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Pot meet Kettle.

    j-mac


    Keep trying j. Keep trying.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1042
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, that's not on point. We were discussing budget deficit and the effect of losing $4 billion from the school budget. You couldn't support your claims, so you went Squirrel!!!!

    But if you want to admit you were wrong, and move back to this topic we can. As noted earlier, much of those jobss are low wage for immigrant wrkers (those immigrants you blame for everything wrong). Your state has low rankings on health care and education, and your governor is big on Corporate welfare, spending your tax dollars to help coporations who really don't need the help. It has also been shown Texas has resources and other issues that cannot be duplicated by anyother state. you need to look closer at something, as numbers do not and never can speak for themselves. Perry is just using this false impression to make a presidental run.
    What am I wrong about, state budgets and county budgets are different? That is my stance and stand by it. The 4 billion in cuts were for the entire state of TX and impacted the local budgets but not to the extent you seem to think or want to believe. What you are looking for is a gotcha moment and that argument of yours isn't resonating in the Perry poll numbers. Keep trying to participate in the politics of personal destruction since "your" President doesn't have a successful record to run on.

  3. #1043
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What am I wrong about, state budgets and county budgets are different? That is my stance and stand by it. The 4 billion in cuts were for the entire state of TX and impacted the local budgets but not to the extent you seem to think or want to believe. What you are looking for is a gotcha moment and that argument of yours isn't resonating in the Perry poll numbers. Keep trying to participate in the politics of personal destruction since "your" President doesn't have a successful record to run on.
    County budgets take in state money. When they lose that money, it effects their budget, meaning they must cut somewhere. And yes, the cut was for the entire state, meaning counties across the state had less money. Any cut n a funds strapped situation is hardly not felt. As school budgets are commonly short, you have to knwo they felt this cut. However, as I have asked, you are free to link any support you can muster.

    And no, I'm giving you plenty of reasoning. But you do have to actually read and acknowldge it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1044
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And no, I'm giving you plenty of reasoning. But you do have to actually read and acknowldge it.
    BS! You get what you give....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1045
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    County budgets take in state money. When they lose that money, it effects their budget, meaning they must cut somewhere. And yes, the cut was for the entire state, meaning counties across the state had less money. Any cut n a funds strapped situation is hardly not felt. As school budgets are commonly short, you have to knwo they felt this cut. However, as I have asked, you are free to link any support you can muster.

    And no, I'm giving you plenty of reasoning. But you do have to actually read and acknowldge it.
    No one is disputing that, what is your point? Mine is the country budget funds most of the school expenses, the state money was reduced to the districts but that if necessary could be made up by the District and normally is. You seem to believe that the 4 billion hurt the Districts and there is no evidence of that as Districts all over the state are raising money other ways.

  6. #1046
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No one is disputing that, what is your point? Mine is the country budget funds most of the school expenses, the state money was reduced to the districts but that if necessary could be made up by the District and normally is. You seem to believe that the 4 billion hurt the Districts and there is no evidence of that as Districts all over the state are raising money other ways.
    Again, prove they were. It is foolish to think schools didn't feel this. I've asked you repeatedly to support your claim here, and it is your burden to do so.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1047
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    BS! You get what you give....


    j-mac
    I think I give what I get J. Discuss reasonably, and I'll discuss reasonably. You worry too much about me and not enough about the issue before you, just as you're always railing about liberals and not discussing actual points.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1048
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think I give what I get J. Discuss reasonably, and I'll discuss reasonably. You worry too much about me and not enough about the issue before you, just as you're always railing about liberals and not discussing actual points.
    Ok you first.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1049
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, prove they were. It is foolish to think schools didn't feel this. I've asked you repeatedly to support your claim here, and it is your burden to do so.
    Feeling it and reacting to it is entirely different. Seems like it is a big deal to you. Wonder why?

  10. #1050
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen: Rick Perry now up 11 points on GOP field

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Feeling it and reacting to it is entirely different. Seems like it is a big deal to you. Wonder why?
    Again, support your claim. This is not hard. If you want to show they did, show it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •