Page 98 of 191 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1902

Thread: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

  1. #971
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    There is no extreme left wing in American politics any more. Obama and that crew are moderates. You just think they're extreme because the right wing has moved just to the left of Hitler.

    There's no question that Medicare needs to be addressed. But as a practical matter it's suicidal for politicians to threaten its existence. As you shall see in 2012.
    Any of you have kids? Do you get money back at the end of the year in the form of child tax credits? What about writing off your kids or non spouses off on your tax return or writing off the interest to your mortgage payment on your tax return?


    Have any of you ever taken any form of welfare from the government? Receiving military disability checks?...because all that **** has to go if we're going to balance the books. You can't have just a little socialism. It always grows.


    Its the weight of these socialistic programs such as social security and medicare thats going to run this nation into the ground. We as a nation are balls deep in this cluster****

  2. #972
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    I agree: we need to raise taxes and reform entitlements.

    But end military disability payments? Hell no.

  3. #973
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Any of you have kids? Do you get money back at the end of the year in the form of child tax credits? What about writing off your kids or non spouses off on your tax return or writing off the interest to your mortgage payment on your tax return?


    Have any of you ever taken any form of welfare from the government? Receiving military disability checks?...because all that **** has to go if we're going to balance the books. You can't have just a little socialism. It always grows.


    Its the weight of these socialistic programs such as social security and medicare thats going to run this nation into the ground. We as a nation are balls deep in this cluster****
    BS. We had all that and a balanced budget until Bush became president.

  4. #974
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I agree: we need to raise taxes and reform entitlements.

    But end military disability payments? Hell no.
    There are no sacred cows here. All that crap has to go...because it will grind us down to what the Soviet Union looked like after the wall fell.

  5. #975
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    There are no sacred cows here. All that crap has to go...because it will grind us down to what the Soviet Union looked like after the wall fell.
    Nonsense. The situation is serious but nothing we can't fix if those assholes in Washington would work together.

  6. #976
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Nonsense. The situation is serious but nothing we can't fix if those assholes in Washington would work together.
    The point in all of this is that the government has made an obligation to all of these various demographics to kick back tax dollars to them. And at a point in the not too far future, the country will crumble under the weight of this financial obligation.


    Unless benefits are drastically cut back or taxes are raised to impractical levels

  7. #977
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    The point in all of this is that the government has made an obligation to all of these various demographics to kick back tax dollars to them. And at a point in the not too far future, the country will crumble under the weight of this financial obligation.


    Unless benefits are drastically cut back or taxes are raised to impractical levels
    ... or unless benefits are rationally cut back and taxes are raised to historical norms....

  8. #978
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    ... or unless benefits are rationally cut back and taxes are raised to historical norms....
    There's only what the country can afford and what it can't afford. Just take a look at shareholders. ...Shareholders aren't worried about nationalism. The reason so many companies are shipping jobs offshore and relocating elsewhere is because it's becoming increasingly more expensive to do business in America now. That line of thinking only compounds the problem.

  9. #979
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What is Perry going to do about it even if what you say is true? You better understand that SS and Medicare are both broke. If you think independents are going to vote again for continuation of the results Obama has generated then you are the one that already bought the swampland.
    Lesser of two evils my friend
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  10. #980
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    The election will be decided by, the independents. Obama had a lock on them in 2008 (2 to 1) and needs to do it again in order to win again, but theres a problemo. He's losing them over his economic performance.

    Poll after poll has shown this.

    The big question is can Perry get the indies to vote for him?
    Nearly half the country thinks hes doing a good job (41%). In that 41% number are some independents and liberals. In the 59% who say hes not doing a good job are all republicans (40% of the country), some independents, and some liberals (crazy leftist ~19% of the population) . The liberals are going to vote from him regardless.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •