Page 97 of 191 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1902

Thread: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

  1. #961
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    If you think independents are going to vote for a guy who claims that Social Security and Medicare are unconstitutional I've got some swampland I'd like to sell you.

  2. #962
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,265

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    If you think independents are going to vote for a guy who claims that Social Security and Medicare are unconstitutional I've got some swampland I'd like to sell you.
    What is Perry going to do about it even if what you say is true? You better understand that SS and Medicare are both broke. If you think independents are going to vote again for continuation of the results Obama has generated then you are the one that already bought the swampland.

  3. #963
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    If you think independents are going to vote for a guy who claims that Social Security and Medicare are unconstitutional I've got some swampland I'd like to sell you.
    I am against social security and could care less about Medicare. It needs serious reform and takes men with balls to do it

    Ya see, the left knows, the wimpy conservatives and Reps (although not the same) can't come out against these socialist programs in a hard manner. To do so means political suicide and forfeits all future elections because of the voting lcharacteristics of a population.

    Nobody has been willing to touch Social Security and Medicare. Reason why there is very little actual policy difference between democrats and republicans once they are in office.

    These are the elephants in the room, not discretionary spending.

  4. #964
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,265

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    I am against social security and could care less about Medicare. It needs serious reform and takes men with balls to do it

    Ya see, the left knows, the wimpy conservatives and Reps (although not the same) can't come out against these socialist programs in a hard manner. To do so means political suicide and forfeits all future elections because of the voting lcharacteristics of a population.

    Nobody has been willing to touch Social Security and Medicare. Reason why there is very little actual policy difference between democrats and republicans once they are in office.

    These are the elephants in the room, not discretionary spending.
    What is really scary is the lack of understanding most people have about the U.S. Budget and what makes up that budget. Medicare and SS are over 60% of that budget leaving 40% Discretionary spending. You can cut the discretionary spending to the bone and not impact the deficit much at all so you are right on regarding the elephant in the room and I don't mean Republicans. Medicare and SS have to be reformed only because the Federal Govt. spent all the money on programs other than Medicare and SS.

  5. #965
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    I am against social security and could care less about Medicare. It needs serious reform and takes men with balls to do it

    Ya see, the left knows, the wimpy conservatives and Reps (although not the same) can't come out against these socialist programs in a hard manner. To do so means political suicide and forfeits all future elections because of the voting lcharacteristics of a population.

    Nobody has been willing to touch Social Security and Medicare. Reason why there is very little actual policy difference between democrats and republicans once they are in office.

    These are the elephants in the room, not discretionary spending.
    The reason why no one wants to touch them is that most Americans REALLY REALLY like those programs, and if you eff with them they WILL cut your throat.

  6. #966
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Let's see a President get re-elected with a 41% approval rating. Doesn't seem to take much to impress you if you think a 41% approval rating doesn't look too bad. Seems you are one of the 41% that doesn't care about results.
    I imagine Democrats thought the same thing about Reagan when his JAR sank to 35%.

  7. #967
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I imagine Democrats thought the same thing about Reagan when his JAR sank to 35%.

    BUT,BUT, that was the gipper.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  8. #968
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The reason why no one wants to touch them is that most Americans REALLY REALLY like those programs, and if you eff with them they WILL cut your throat.
    Until we get serious about getting our financial house in order, markets and credit rating agencies will continue to hammer us--- and rightly so. Don't be surprised to see yet another downgrade from S&P if Congress and POTUS can't get their **** together.

    We have 2 issues....a political and an economic one. The first step to a solution is simple --- Get rid of Obama in 2012 as well as the likes, Pelosi, Wasserman-Shultz, Schumer, and other asshats who do the bidding for the extreme left wing fringe of this country. These individuals truly believe that government is the solution to all of the social distress facing our country.

    The one trick pony must leave

  9. #969
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Until we get serious about getting our financial house in order, markets and credit rating agencies will continue to hammer us--- and rightly so. Don't be surprised to see yet another downgrade from S&P if Congress and POTUS can't get their **** together.

    We have 2 issues....a political and an economic one. The first step to a solution is simple --- Get rid of Obama in 2012 as well as the likes, Pelosi, Wasserman-Shultz, Schumer, and other asshats who do the bidding for the extreme left wing fringe of this country. These individuals truly believe that government is the solution to all of the social distress facing our country.

    The one trick pony must leave
    There is no extreme left wing in American politics any more. Obama and that crew are moderates. You just think they're extreme because the right wing has moved just to the left of Hitler.

    There's no question that Medicare needs to be addressed. But as a practical matter it's suicidal for politicians to threaten its existence. As you shall see in 2012.

  10. #970
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Here are the official numbers since 2001 the state has increased Govt. jobs from 1.565 million to 1.77 or 205,000. Total employment went from 9.5 million to 10.6 million or 1.2 million which makes govt. employment about 18% with a 20% increase in population.

    Guess I just don't see that decrease in private sector jobs you claim happened. Don't you ever get embarrassed by being wrong so often?

    Government employment by month from 2001 to 2011

    2001 1565.7 1594.7 1600.0 1601.2 1602.0 1559.7 1494.2 1522.8 1603.1 1624.1 1636.3 1630.8 1586.2
    2002 1605.4 1638.0 1645.1 1644.7 1647.4 1599.6 1530.3 1550.8 1632.5 1668.1 1677.9 1671.6 1626.0
    2003 1642.8 1677.8 1676.1 1677.4 1677.2 1632.1 1555.4 1570.5 1642.2 1664.1 1673.3 1663.7 1646.1
    2004 1640.2 1674.4 1676.1 1676.7 1678.7 1636.7 1568.0 1586.2 1661.9 1684.8 1693.9 1688.5 1655.5
    2005 1666.5 1700.7 1703.1 1705.2 1707.0 1660.4 1597.5 1618.4 1690.3 1715.9 1727.8 1715.4 1684.0
    2006 1696.4 1728.9 1730.0 1726.5 1727.2 1683.9 1609.0 1634.8 1711.3 1741.2 1750.0 1742.5 1706.8
    2007 1716.3 1748.1 1754.5 1753.7 1756.7 1717.4 1646.5 1655.6 1731.5 1771.0 1786.0 1781.6 1734.9
    2008 1761.8 1793.7 1801.9 1795.2 1799.2 1763.9 1694.1 1701.5 1773.8 1809.5 1828.6 1823.1 1778.9
    2009 1804.1 1832.4 1839.2 1848.3 1847.8 1811.7 1735.4 1731.4 1808.4 1859.5 1872.2 1864.2 1821.2
    2010 1836.3 1868.8 1881.2 1885.7 1920.6 1877.4 1781.4 1775.0 1833.0 1884.1 1896.7 1883.6 1860.3
    2011 1859.4 1889.4 1890.4 1890.3 1882.2 1846.8 1766.8
    Total Jobs by month

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2001 9541.2 9550.7 9556.8 9548.8 9544.0 9540.3 9519.5 9521.4 9504.5 9468.3 9447.9 9429.6
    2002 9421.0 9414.8 9422.3 9420.1 9430.4 9423.4 9409.1 9414.9 9422.9 9410.1 9410.5 9401.9
    2003 9395.4 9383.9 9365.9 9367.3 9360.1 9352.9 9345.0 9355.0 9368.7 9375.4 9384.6 9393.9
    2004 9420.1 9428.2 9439.1 9459.0 9468.3 9480.6 9505.1 9522.6 9516.9 9566.1 9569.7 9581.4
    2005 9605.0 9620.3 9638.9 9679.5 9693.3 9698.8 9764.0 9781.8 9809.3 9825.6 9868.6 9885.2
    2006 9925.1 9946.8 9986.6 10000.0 10025.3 10051.1 10059.3 10106.5 10139.8 10152.7 10178.2 10212.2
    2007 10230.3 10269.5 10314.1 10337.5 10362.8 10394.3 10418.5 10433.4 10452.7 10485.9 10506.5 10526.3
    2008 10561.5 10595.0 10587.7 10612.0 10616.2 10626.7 10639.9 10642.4 10607.4 10617.3 10605.2 10574.5
    2009 10524.2 10462.4 10403.5 10343.4 10318.8 10291.8 10255.9 10231.0 10220.6 10214.4 10212.0 10209.0
    2010 10234.9 10239.5 10275.0 10302.7 10357.9 10368.6 10350.3 10361.8 10361.6 10384.9 10403.3 10444.7
    2011 10471.0 10488.9 10524.2 10554.5 10556.6 10590.5 10619.8
    Stop lying, Con. There are other public jobs besides government jobs. I notice you didn't post private sector jobs. Instead, you posted total jobs minus government jobs and then dishonestly called the remainder, "private jobs." What about teachers, postal employees, etc...

    Do you ever stop lying?

    Here's private sector jobs ...

    Private:
    Dec/2007: 8837.6
    Jul/2011: 8804.4


    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •