Page 60 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 1902

Thread: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

  1. #591
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And don't forget our unisured that rely on medicaid.
    My county paid over 600,000 in illegal healthcare "benefits" that could have been put to better use. Happens all over the state because of the requirement to provide aid even to illegals. The way to get around that is to bill the countries of origin for those payments or deduct it from foreign aid.

  2. #592
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, changed a lot in Nov. 2010, didn't it? What is it that you know that the majority in the state doesn't? could it be that you are wrong and the majority right? What I love here is the rugged individualism and acceptance of personal responsibility, something that doesn't seem to exist in liberal states. Personal responsibility is understood here so when liberals point out minimum wage, people here would prefer to work instead of sitting on their asses and know that no one holds a gun to the head of individuals to take those jobs nor do most here believe it is the Government's responsibility to regulate pay and benefits. Love this state. Too bad liberals don't understand it.
    Am I supposed to be impressed and or intimidated by your appeal to popularity?

  3. #593
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Your welcome. God knows someone needs to educate you.

    Mississippi also consistently votes in conservative Republicans. How's that workin' out for them?
    Working out great there because another Southern state that knows and understands personal responsibility.

  4. #594
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I didn't say that Obama's tax cuts were permanent. I'm talking about the total value of the cuts, which made them one of the largest cuts in history. btw, in case you forgot, Bush's tax cuts would have expired by now if they hadn't been extended.

    There was no string attached to the payroll tax cut. If you earned a paycheck you got a tax cut.
    The total value of the cuts is determined by the amount actually received and it was a much smaller percentage than you are willing to admit whereas the tax rate cuts continue today.

  5. #595
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My county paid over 600,000 in illegal healthcare "benefits" that could have been put to better use. Happens all over the state because of the requirement to provide aid even to illegals. The way to get around that is to bill the countries of origin for those payments or deduct it from foreign aid.
    Uhmmm okay that still doesn't take care of the Texans working the min. wage jobs that we lead the nation in creating.

  6. #596
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Working out great there because another Southern state that knows and understands personal responsibility.
    Conservativism is working out great in Mississippi? They rank dead last in poverty.

    Percent of People in Poverty, by State, 2002–2007 — Infoplease.com

    At 21.2% falling victim to poverty in Conservative Mississippi, they rank 61% higher than the national average of 13.2%. Conservatism at work, huh?

  7. #597
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Uhmmm okay that still doesn't take care of the Texans working the min. wage jobs that we lead the nation in creating.
    We have minimum wage jobs because of liberal social engineering that requires a business to pay minimum wage instead of letting the market decide what pay workers deserve. I never paid minimum wage and that is because the market would never let me do it. Minimum wage can also be called maximum wage required thanks to liberalism

  8. #598
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    We have minimum wage jobs because of liberal social engineering that requires a business to pay minimum wage instead of letting the market decide what pay workers deserve. I never paid minimum wage and that is because the market would never let me do it. Minimum wage can also be called maximum wage required thanks to liberalism
    Damn Socialist Liberals ... don't want America becoming like China where kids work jobs for pennies a day.

  9. #599
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Working out great there because another Southern state that knows and understands personal responsibility.
    Yeah, it's working out great. They rank last or close to last in virtually every economic metric.

  10. #600
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    We have minimum wage jobs because of liberal social engineering that requires a business to pay minimum wage instead of letting the market decide what pay workers deserve. I never paid minimum wage and that is because the market would never let me do it. Minimum wage can also be called maximum wage required thanks to liberalism
    Yeah, that's the problem. Those minimum wage workers are paid TOO MUCH!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •