Page 6 of 191 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 1902

Thread: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

  1. #51
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Sadly that is about all he can do. Just look at his recent proposals: 1) payroll tax cut to stimulate demand -- Boehner says he won't consider it, 2) create jobs to repair crumbling infrastructure -- Boehner says he won't consider it.

    Boehner's plan to stimulate the economy and create jobs? Chirp... Chirp.... Crickets.
    So you want to cut SS?

  2. #52
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I find this to be ridiculous. a large portion of them will vote third party once the GOP nominates another phony "maverick" like McCain.
    You say you find it ridiculous yet the point you make does not conflict with the statement you think is ridiculous.

    Perhaps the libertarian segment of the tea party will run to Ron Paul if/when he fails to get the republican nomination and chooses to run as a libertarian once again but that wasn’t the point I was making. The ridiculous comment is the one that claims tea partiers will just stay home.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Sadly that is about all he can do. Just look at his recent proposals: 1) payroll tax cut to stimulate demand -- Boehner says he won't consider it, 2) create jobs to repair crumbling infrastructure -- Boehner says he won't consider it.

    Boehner's plan to stimulate the economy and create jobs? Chirp... Chirp.... Crickets.

    meh just force wages down companies will start hiring and we will have the rich to thank with giant bonuses, capital gains and dividend checks!

  4. #54
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    meh just force wages down companies will start hiring and we will have the rich to thank with giant bonuses, capital gains and dividend checks!
    Guess you are in the group of 39% that supports Obama. His policies are right up your alley

  5. #55
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Sadly that is about all he can do. Just look at his recent proposals: 1) payroll tax cut to stimulate demand -- Boehner says he won't consider it, 2) create jobs to repair crumbling infrastructure -- Boehner says he won't consider it.

    Boehner's plan to stimulate the economy and create jobs? Chirp... Chirp.... Crickets.
    Sorta like "Cut Cap and Balance" where Mr. Obama said he'd veto it before it was even passed the House vote. Just like the Ryan plan which was demogauged and continues to be. Boehners plan to stimulate jobs was PART of "Cut Cap and Balance"... immediately Harry Reid said it was "dead on arrival".

    The President's leadership? chirp... chirp... chirp The President's hope and change? chirp... chirp... chirp...

    The Presidents promise to turn around the economy in his first term?



    PRICELESS...
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Guess you are in the group of 39% that supports Obama. His policies are right up your alley

    Think what ever you want. One thing I do know about myself though (BTW I happen to be an authority on what I think) Bohner and crew are ideological nincompoops road blocks and not a part of solving anything.

  7. #57
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Sorta like "Cut Cap and Balance" where Mr. Obama said he'd veto it before it was even passed the House vote. Just like the Ryan plan which was demogauged and continues to be. Boehners plan to stimulate jobs was PART of "Cut Cap and Balance"... immediately Harry Reid said it was "dead on arrival".

    The President's leadership? chirp... chirp... chirp The President's hope and change? chirp... chirp... chirp...

    The Presidents promise to turn around the economy in his first term?

    PRICELESS...
    Really? What in the Cut, Cap, and Balance plan would have created jobs? You realize that cutting government spending by 25% -- which is what it would take to balance the budget -- would lop several percentage points off GDP, right? That would cost us millions of jobs. God knows it wouldn't create any.

    What are the Republican ideas to CREATE jobs?

    As far as turning the economy around in the first term, he has done just that. We've gone from contraction to expansion. Job losses to job gains. Stock market crash to bull market.
    Last edited by AdamT; 08-15-11 at 08:38 PM.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Iran will get nukes, it is simply the nature of technology. rub the lamp all you want, the genie aint going back in it.

    We need to be concerned with our own fiscal house, that is our greatest weakness, and our biggest threat. It might not be politically wise to tell American's they are fat and ugly, but I applaud Dr. Paul for having the integrity to say it anyway.
    Exactly. A lot of good it does to gnash your teeth over Iran getting nukes when there isn't a darn thing we are going to be able to do about it.

    The best bet to stopping them in getting nukes is a hands off approach. When Israel makes their move we send them a box of chocolates.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Think what ever you want. One thing I do know about myself though (BTW I happen to be an authority on what I think) Bohner and crew are ideological nincompoops road blocks and not a part of solving anything.
    Good, seems you have no clue as to the role of Govt. which is what makes you an Obama supporter. We don't need a massive 3.7 trillion a year govt. up 700 billion from the 2008 Bush budget and cutting that size, getting the govt. out of the private sector will grow the jobs this nation needs. This country wasn't built on your liberal ideology.

  10. #60
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Unfortunately for Obama, that's about all he can do... blame the Congress and everyone else except himself. All he's really got is the abortion of a Health Care bill that does the opposite of cut down healthcare costs and being the President who actually was in office when Bin Laden was killed. The rest of his first term equates to a turd in a punchbowl.
    Bush didn't care about Bin Laden, it took a real CiC to get him.



Page 6 of 191 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •