Page 154 of 191 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1902

Thread: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

  1. #1531
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The poster was doing what most liberals do, distort the record for what they perceive is personal gain when the reality is the Obama record is a disaster. 9.1%, net job losses, declining labor force says it all
    Pffftt your accusing some one of distorting the record

  2. #1532
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Unemployment is far higher than the official number. It's been manipulate for political gain for years. Just because you've gave up trying to find a job doesn't mean you aren't unemployed.

  3. #1533
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Unemployment is far higher than the official number. It's been manipulate for political gain for years. Just because you've gave up trying to find a job doesn't mean you aren't unemployed.
    Discouraged workers is a title created in 1994 and removes discouraged workers from both the labor force and the roles of the unemployed. they are no longer counted so your statement is right on. That makes the unemployment rate a lot better than it is and benefits the party in charge. Here are the discouraged workers since 2001

    Note 1.1 million in July 2011 and it has been over a million for much of the Obama term. How is that hope working out for Americans?

    2001 301 287 349 349 328 294 310 337 285 331 328 348 321
    2002 328 375 330 320 414 342 405 378 392 359 385 403 369
    2003 449 450 474 437 482 478 470 503 388 462 457 433 457
    2004 432 484 514 492 476 478 504 534 412 429 392 442 466
    2005 515 485 480 393 392 476 499 384 362 392 404 451 436
    2006 396 386 451 381 323 481 428 448 325 331 349 274 381
    2007 442 375 381 399 368 401 367 392 276 320 349 363 369
    2008 467 396 401 412 400 420 461 381 467 484 608 642 462
    2009 734 731 685 740 792 793 796 758 706 808 861 929 778
    2010 1065 1204 994 1197 1083 1207 1185 1110 1209 1219 1282 1318 1173
    2011 993 1020 921 989 822 982 1119

  4. #1534
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Unemployment today is 16.1% so mission accomplished
    Is that what you said about Bush as he took unemployment from 7.3% to 14%?

  5. #1535
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Is that what you said about Bush as he took unemployment from 7.3% to 14%?
    If Bush were on the ballot in 2012 yes, I would say that was too high, but Bush isn't on the ballot, Obama and his 16.1% Unemployment is

  6. #1536
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Seems that Obama stimulus program designed to keep unemployment at 8% would have done the job if it was successful.
    Stop lying. Obama's stimulus plan was desgined to save and create 3 million jobs, which you admitted was successful. Based on the unemployment data at that time, doing so was estimated to keep unemployment under 8%. But that 8% figure was always presented as nothing but an estimate.


    It should be understood that all of the estimates presented in this memo are subject to significant margins of error. There is the obvious uncertainty that comes from modeling a hypothetical package rather than the final legislation passed by the Congress. But, there is the more fundamental uncertainty that comes with any estimate of the effects of a program. Our estimates of economic relationships and rules of thumb are derived from historical experience and so will not apply exactly in any given episode. Furthermore, the uncertainty is surely higher than normal now because the current recession is unusual both in its fundamental causes and its severity.

  7. #1537
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Tell that to the 25 million unemployed and under employed Americans? Tell that to the millions that have dropped out of the labor force. Seems you have a very selective view of the Obama Administration. U-6 is indeed 16.1%
    You used to call them "unemployed." It wasn't until I taught you that the U6 rate is underemployment and what "underemployment" means that you began to correctly call them "underemployed."

    I get no thanks from you for educating you.

  8. #1538
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Stop lying. Obama's stimulus plan was desgined to save and create 3 million jobs, which you admitted was successful. Based on the unemployment data at that time, doing so was estimated to keep unemployment under 8%. But that 8% figure was always presented as nothing but an estimate.


    It should be understood that all of the estimates presented in this memo are subject to significant margins of error. There is the obvious uncertainty that comes from modeling a hypothetical package rather than the final legislation passed by the Congress. But, there is the more fundamental uncertainty that comes with any estimate of the effects of a program. Our estimates of economic relationships and rules of thumb are derived from historical experience and so will not apply exactly in any given episode. Furthermore, the uncertainty is surely higher than normal now because the current recession is unusual both in its fundamental causes and its severity.
    I am sure the 25 million unemployed and under employed are ecstatic about the Obama results, probably as excited as youa re

  9. #1539
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The poster was doing what most liberals do, distort the record for what they perceive is personal gain when the reality is the Obama record is a disaster. 9.1%, net job losses, declining labor force says it all
    If taking unemployment from 7.8% to 9.1% is "a disaster," what do you call taking unemployment from 4.2% to 7.8%?

  10. #1540
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You used to call them "unemployed." It wasn't until I taught you that the U6 rate is underemployment and what "underemployment" means that you began to correctly call them "underemployed."

    I get no thanks from you for educating you.
    You are indeed a legend in your own mind

    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1% GDP growth in 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch! 38-41% JAR and well over 55% disapproval ratings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •