Page 107 of 191 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1902

Thread: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

  1. #1061
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    Unions were created to better balance the interests of the employees and the employer.
    The people of the state in question employ the members of a public sector union.

    So... public sector unions are not competing against the interests of "the man", but "the people".

    Given that, there's every reason to limit these unions and what they can bargain for.
    Absolutely....Even FDR was against the unionization of the public sector worker.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1062
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    [QUOTE=j-mac;1059757382]
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post

    The Federal Government's responsibility is to do those things that are enumerated in the Constitution of the United States Article 1 Section 8. And that is ALL! This notion that our money that funds these powers is unlimited is a crock.

    j-mac
    The Constitution grants broad spending powers. No one seriously questions the governments power to do emergency spending in response to a recession.

  3. #1063
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    The Constitution grants broad spending powers. No one seriously questions the governments power to do emergency spending in response to a recession.
    No one? The speaking in absolutes like this are only more evidence that you don't even believe your own rhetoric....

    Show me where in the Constitution the Federal government has the power to direct the states in spending outside the enumerated powers of the Federal Government?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1064
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Show me where in the Constitution the Federal government has the power to direct the states in spending outside the enumerated powers of the Federal Government?
    There is no such clause.
    However, if the state elects to take money that the federal government offers, then the federal government can attach conditions on how that money is spent.

    This is outside the discussion as to if the federal government has the power to offer that money to the states in the first place.

  5. #1065
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    Unions were created to better balance the interests of the employees and the employer.
    The people of the state in question employ the members of a public sector union.

    So... public sector unions are not competing against the interests of "the man", but "the people".

    Given that, there's every reason to limit these unions and what they can bargain for.
    The fact of the matter is that unions are not the problem. The fact is that there is little or no correlation between states' budget woes and the degree of collective bargaining they confer on public sector employees. In other words, this is a BS issue that Republicans flog because they know that unions traditionally support democratic candidates.

    Shanker Blog Are Public Employee Unions To Blame For States' Budget Crises?

  6. #1066
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    There is no such clause.
    However, if the state elects to take money that the federal government offers, then the federal government can attach conditions on how that money is spent.

    This is outside the discussion as to if the federal government has the power to offer that money to the states in the first place.

    Big 10-4 on that. And thus the argument that the stimulus was unconstitutional to start with. See, statists like Adam are perfectly fine with an ever increasing federal power through the carrot of federal tax money handouts, except when it is someone that ideologically he disagrees with doing the dictating. Liberals have a assbackwards view of the Federal Government, they feel that the Federal Government is supreme granting power to the states instead of the original intent of a limited in power Federal structure that derived its power from the states individually. Thus they are changing this country from a country governed by the people to a government dictating to the people.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1067
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post

    Oh so you don't know the difference btwn real and nominal numbers.
    I'd say that's been thoroughly proven beyond any reasonable doubt.

  8. #1068
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I'd say that's been thoroughly proven beyond any reasonable doubt.
    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1% GDP growth in October 2010 to March 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in July 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch! 38%-41% JAR and well over 50% disapproval ratings.

  9. #1069
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No one? The speaking in absolutes like this are only more evidence that you don't even believe your own rhetoric....

    Show me where in the Constitution the Federal government has the power to direct the states in spending outside the enumerated powers of the Federal Government?

    j-mac
    The government did not direct the states' spending, so that would be a strawman. What they did was offer the states assistance. The states could take it or leave it.

  10. #1070
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama economic results in 2011, .4% GDP and 1% GDP growth in October 2010 to March 2011, 25+ million unemployed or under employed Americans in July 2011, 4 trillion added to the debt in less than 3 years, and a downgrade of the U.S. credit rating. Rising Misery index 7.83 to 12.67. First President in U.S. History to have our credit downgraded on his watch! 38%-41% JAR and well over 50% disapproval ratings.
    And what Obama inherited: economy shedding 700,000+ jobs per month, GDP shrinking at 6+% per year, financial institutions teetering on the edge of collapse, trillion+ deficit.... Nice improvement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •