Page 102 of 191 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1902

Thread: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

  1. #1011
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Right, what you did was take Perry's numbers in December 2007 and ignored the January 2009 numbers vs. today
    Can't you pay attention? Is that really too much to ask?

    What I did was prove the statement, "going back to 2008," private sector jobs fell in Texas -- true.

    You actually tried to define private as all jobs that are not government jobs, which of course, is a lie. And the reason you did so was to avoid putting a link to the private jobs sector on the BLS website since those numbers do indeed show that private sector jobs fell during that period.

  2. #1012
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, 8.4% isn't acceptable but beats the 9.1% National rate as well as the 16.1% total national unemployment. The net job growth in TX however trumps the net job loss nationally mostly in liberal states that love Obamanomics
    Yet by your own criteria of results mattering you would still vote for a guy who has seen in his tenure as Governor his state's employment rate double simply out of party loyalty.

  3. #1013
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    J-Mac asked for an explanation by a credible economist, and I gave him one by two very credible economists. Obviously you didn't read it -- not that you would have understood it if you had. You can't even grasp the difference between raw and adjusted data or the debt and the deficit.
    Adam, I know what it is like to be like you as I grew up a liberal and remember well the time that the lightbulb went off in my head that liberalism was a total and complete failure. It was extremely hard on me because I had spent so much time defending liberalism and buying the rhetoric. I learned to call that thinking with my heart. Once I started thinking with my brain the lightbulb kicked on as I always heard about spending in the name of compassion but never saw real compassionate spending which I identify as actually solving a problem and going away. Instead of solving problems, bureaucracies are created and grow every year keeping power in the hands of those bureacrats. I actually found that spending my own money to help people in the local communities solved problems and weren't accompanied by bureaucratic administrative costs and strings.

  4. #1014
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Notice I said a credible economist. Moody's, and Zandi have been on board shaping the narrative since the push for this middle of the night increase in debt occurred. IOW, Zandi has been a mouthpiece for the administration. Giving me the drawn out excuse for why a stimulus was needed in the Keynes model tells me nothing about how you objectively measure a "saved job".... The whole argument that libs are using now, combined with a plethora of skewed numbers, and hyperbolic partisan double talk, combined with platitudes shows me that libs are busted.

    Yours, and Obama's plan to explode the debt, and only aid those businesses and Unions that supported him are destroying this country, and the only answer you drones have is NOT accountability, it is NOT holding responsible that which did nothing but push us into crisis, but rather argue that more of what has already failed is needed.

    That is INSANE!

    j-mac
    Zandi is a mouthpiece for Obama? That's a novel take on it, given the fact that he was one of McCain's economic advisors in 2008.

    You asked for credible economists and both Zandi and Blinder are considered to be among the best. You fail the Pinocchio test.

  5. #1015
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Apparently you don't understand that the total debt includes public debt and intergovt. holdings. Taking from one to make the other one look good doesn't create a surplus. Looks like you are confused by the term public debt which throws you off. That really is the deficit in your example.
    And you don't understand that the amount of debt from year to year is also impacted by how much is paid back, which has absolutely nothing to do with the deficit.

  6. #1016
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Adam, I know what it is like to be like you as I grew up a liberal and remember well the time that the lightbulb went off in my head that liberalism was a total and complete failure. It was extremely hard on me because I had spent so much time defending liberalism and buying the rhetoric. I learned to call that thinking with my heart. Once I started thinking with my brain the lightbulb kicked on as I always heard about spending in the name of compassion but never saw real compassionate spending which I identify as actually solving a problem and going away. Instead of solving problems, bureaucracies are created and grow every year keeping power in the hands of those bureacrats. I actually found that spending my own money to help people in the local communities solved problems and weren't accompanied by bureaucratic administrative costs and strings.
    So the lightbulb went on and that's what caused you to spew misleading data and lose sight of cause and effect? If that's the case I think I'll just stay here in the sunlight.

  7. #1017
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Yet by your own criteria of results mattering you would still vote for a guy who has seen in his tenure as Governor his state's employment rate double simply out of party loyalty.
    Yep, because it all about trends in employment numbers, not percentage change. There are more people employed in TX than were employed when Obama took office and when the recession begain. You see net job increase, labor force increase, and a balanced budget with Perry. With Obama it is a net job loss, reduction in the labor force, and 4 trillion added to the debt

  8. #1018
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    So the lightbulb went on and that's what caused you to spew misleading data and lose sight of cause and effect? If that's the case I think I'll just stay here in the sunlight.
    Misleading data? I never claimed I created or SAVED 3.5 million jobs. I posted BLS data which of course you ignored. Show me where saved jobs are counted.

  9. #1019
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, because it all about trends in employment numbers, not percentage change. There are more people employed in TX than were employed when Obama took office and when the recession begain. You see net job increase, labor force increase, and a balanced budget with Perry. With Obama it is a net job loss, reduction in the labor force, and 4 trillion added to the debt
    Total jobs doesn't mean sh*t unless you consider the size of the employment pool. You could create a million jobs, but if your unemployment rate still goes from 4.4% to 8.4% you were a failure. This is so typical of you.

  10. #1020
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, According to Gallup

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    And you don't understand that the amount of debt from year to year is also impacted by how much is paid back, which has absolutely nothing to do with the deficit.
    Debt service is part of the debt and low interest rates kept debt service down which was a reduction in the debt service expense. You really have never looked at the budget of the United States

    From the budget of the United States, Debt service the last three years 2010-2009-2008

    Net Interest 196.9 190.9 252.8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •